MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 236

I know the principles of the Gann fan and it's angles, but it seems impossible to get some reliable results in the MT4 charts. For example the 1x1 line in the Gann fan is based on a 1x1 square between price and time. This seems to be impossible because of the auto scaling, because this changes the...
  Surface Pro X  (10)
Hi Has anyone tried running MT4 on the new Surface Pro X
Hello folks, I am trying to code a simple EA that opens an oder on the opening of a bar (andcloses any open order there may be) I am having trouble coding the action to happen at the close or open of bar. I was using the following to determine if a new bar opened... bool newbaropen=false;...
Hi everyone this is my code to get the ATR value: double ATR = NormalizeDouble ( iATR ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , 14 , 0 ), Digits ); when I print it the result value of that code is 0.0 even though I use double. I already check the ATR indicator itself from the chart and the result is somewhere
Hi All Can someone help me with the following indicator please. It counts the amount of pips the price goes up and the amount the price goes down. I've done that part but i can't work out how to display the value above and below the candles. The font size doesn't matter. I want the pip count of each
Hey, I'm relatively new to this So I am looking at subscribing to 3-5 different signal services but am aware these cannot all be done on the same account My question is, do I need to open the MT4 application up several different times on my VPS and link each one up to a different trading account? Or
How to set the color of a moving average in an EA,since i cant find any parameter to set it double iMA ( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift) Any suggestions? TY
So i have been sur4fing the net for Expert Advisers to assist with my trading strategy, So far i was able to get advise to buy second hand EA's, to help learn how they work. My first problem ,is i got a "Lifechanger EA" the past owner told me they can backtest this . Can any one help me work out if
I have this 4 Time frame heiken ashi. I don't know how the alerts work, but i want to get them only when an arrow appears on the chart. ( the arrows are also a part of the indicator). Currently am getting alerts several times including the times an arrow forms. I would appreciate any help it should
Hi team, I got a custom code. The arrow seems to follow the next candle open and it will not reflect after the 2 MA cross correctly without me refreshing the chart. PLease advise how to fix this thank you!! #include <stdlib.mqh> #include <stderror.mqh> //--- indicator settings #property
hi i have a code that draw a vertical line(only one Line).......but some times i need to draw more than ten Vlines (even 50 lines) at the same time... and the dates between the lines are not equal (or the problem could be solved by using cycle lines ) could we modify the indicator code to do this
hi, I've just bought an expert, I press to install in the MT4, MT4 asks for log-in, I use my email and the password, and it keeps telling that the password is wrong, anyone has any idea? Of course I'm sure the password is ok, it's the same I use on MQL5 Thanks
I have a Relative Currency Strength indicator that I use on Tradingview that shows the labels for each currency on the right axis. It's a quick way to see the ranking of the pairs. But I'm moving away from Tradingview. I have an RCS indicator for MT4 that I like, but it only shows a static label bar
Good afternoon all, As we're unable to have multiple templates for the Fib tools on MT4 like you can have with trading view, Is it possible to add multiple stock fib retracements so that I can have more than 1 settings. (such as have multiple fibs on the tool bar) Any help would be greatly
Hello, One thing I'd like to be able to do is change the order of the indicators in the data window at will, rather than having to unload and then load them in the correct order. Would you consider changing this in a future release? Thanks
Hello I am a complete newbie... is it safe for me to let someone setup a synchronized or mirrored account with their brokerage so that they can teach me to trade in demo while they trade live
Hi friends , Please help me to program an expert advisor to work only in MT4 tester , what I must put /change in my open - cod ? Thanks
I'm trying to write an EA, What I would like it to do is to open a short position after the long position has closed. Then when the short closes I want it to open a long position ect ..... in response to if it is interesting enough can you figure out how to get it to do that. Find anything or try
I am having a problem with my mt4 trader account trading too fast. My broker is rejecting every second mt4 trades that are too close together (as shown below). I have checked my EA. There is only one set up on my chart and it is not duplicated. I have cleared my VPS. Any suggestions as to what may
[Deleted]
Hi All, This one has me stumped! I am using ArrayCopySeries  to copy imported historical data and I get: error 4074 ERR_NO_MEMORY_FOR_HISTORY Code is: "SPX_Copied = ArrayCopySeries(SPX, MODE_LOW, "SPX500", 0); " Any Ideas?? Also, to be able to access a Symbol via ArrayCopySeries() does the symbol...
Hi, I'm Thomas a passionate beginner coder.. I have searched on a lot of topics but I did not find how to solve my problem .. maybe someone can enlighten me .. Here is my code : extern int TakeProfit = 800; extern int StopLoss = 45; extern double LotSize = 0.01; extern int MagicNumber = 1234; double
Hello experts, I created an indicator for mt4 that is working on some pcs. I have the same mt4 version on another pc but the indicator is not showing on the graph. I tried some procedure to fix it, but nothing. Any idea? best Anderson
Hi Everyone :) Can somebody here please convert this attached Tradestation RSI to MT4 RSI ? Much thanks in advance
Hi all, So i am building an indicator which stores 2 values in an array which are to be used for the shift function in the High, Low and the standard rsi indicator. However, i seem to be having an issue calculating the movement between the high and low and the rsi when using the shifts from each
Hello, I'm writing a sound alert, but would like it only to appear on certain periods. I have the following: PlaySound("MACD cross on ",Symbol()," ",Period()); I would like it to appear only on the period M30 and H1. Do I write 2 consecutive lines where I each specify the period 30 and 60? How can...
Hello, novice here. I have an EA which is supposed to take long and short positions. It is only taking long positions. The code used to take create a long or short position is almost the same, the only difference is that it is mirrored. I've already searched on Google, the MQL5 forums, Reddit, and
Hello! I am new to this code base. So I would like to ask, how can I add a code to this script so that it will take a screenshort of my chart and send it to my telegram channel? I tried to follow this guide How to create bots for Telegram in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles but I'm so confused and can't make it
if the stop loss happen i will open position again ... how to write this code if (OrderClosePrice() == OrderStopLoss()) // is not working is not working