MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1612

[Deleted]
Hi. A simple question; is there a way to zoom in on a specific area of a chart? Let's say I'm looking at a Daily chart, three weeks back from present time. I seea swing low and I want to 'examine' it on the M5 chart. Right now, if I switchto the M5 chart, I have to laboriously scroll back though...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write an EA that places an order at Noon everyday and has a specific expiration which is midnight local time everyday. Local time is 6 hours after GMT. Is there a way to have the EA update the expiration automatically
[Deleted]
  help please  (6)
is there some code to determine if an order is market or pending?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HEDGING THE HEDGE, COMPARE EURUSD/GBPUSD RATIO1 TO GBPUSD/AUDUSD RATIO2. PERFORMING CORRELATION ANALYSIS ON RATIO1 VS. RATIO2 GIVES NEGATIVE CORRELATION(NOTALWAYS). THE REASON FOR THIS STRATEGY: AFTER DOING PAIRS-TRADING FOR A WHILE INOTICED THAT SOMETIMES YOU ENTER AND THE...
HOW CAN STOCHASTIC DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS BE APPLIED TO FOREX? I TOOK THIS CLASS AND DIDN'T REALIZE THAT BLACK-SHOLES FORMULAS ARE ALL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. I DID SOME RESEACH ON DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS AND PRICES, AND ONLY FOUND THAT THESE EQUATIONS ARE USED IN OPTIONS.................IS ANYONE
[Deleted]
Dear all does anyone know what indicators these are at the top on your right in the picture?like the price feed, spread, hi to low , daily Average, MACD, that is the picturemy friend sent me and he didn't want to tell me where he has got these indicatorsfrom, can you let me know the name of it
Indicator Taichi - a Simple Idea of Formalizing the Values of Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Hard to interpret Ichimoku signals? This article introduces some principles of formalizingvalues and signals of Ichimoku Kinko Hyo. For visualization of its usage the authorchose the currency pair EURUSD...
GoodDay. Look at the chart below. I'am trying this and it works fine on demo M5 GBPUSD. The philosophy behind this system is : 1:When to not enter ( denoise M5.). 2:Acceleration means adding lots. 3:NO TP but lock profits by trailing stop (let it run). Entry rules: Long if the bands are going up
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Custom Indicators (Part 1) This is the fourth article from the series "MQL4 Languages for Newbies".Today we will learn to write custom indicators. We will get acquainted with theclassification of indicator features, will see how these features influence...
[Deleted]
Hi, I tried to set fibonacci for stoploss and takeprofit, and use the following: double highest = High[iHighest(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,MODE_HIGH,p,0)]; double lowest = Low[iLowest(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,MODE_LOW,p,0)]; double tpb = (OrderOpenPrice()-lowest)*1.618; double tps =...
Hi all I am using the standard bar open code if (timeold!=Time[0]){ timeold=Time[0]; to kick off my EA decisions for trading when a new bar opens. In the back testinghowever I get completely different results using every tick for a run comparedto using open prices only. I would have thought the...
I cannot use my older FXT files with older builds either recently. (The ones whichhad the recalculate function.) The whole system could be used like a month ago. The checker function in the FXTheadergives no error, when running it through the files. I even attached FXT collector,and collected ticks...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Reporting the Championship: Fourth Week (22-28 October) has been published. One month has passed since the Automated Trading Championship2007 started. The first place changed its owner every week. We witnessed suddenups and downs...
  EliteSection Portfolio automation  (73   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
I have some crazy idea. I monitor all Step EAs trading for the long time. And i want to say and this EAs (all the versions) are having very good entry almost every time. It may be good if we can improve our SignalSender indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102 to send the trading signals...
is there an EA or codes to close all open and pending orders once taking profitis hit? thnx
[Deleted]
I would like to know how can I open/download the charts for USD paired with SEK,NOK and DKK. If anyone can help please, I woul appreciate. Thanks.
Does anyone know if the Sterling Index (similar to USD index) can be charted inMetaTrader? I see the dollar and euro index under indices in the symbols windowbut no GBP index?
Hi, I am getting this weird error while testing a strategy. I have tried googling butall the results are in Russian. Tried using babelfish to translate also, but can't make any sense out of it. My build is 211. I am using a demo account. It works for MACD and Moving average sample EA's. Any...
[Deleted]
how do i convert time axis to match my time zone . also where can i get the open and closings of other countries market. i want to load this based on my time zone instead of watching clock
[Deleted]
If U use this: NormalizeDouble((3.3-2.0)/2,1) = 0.6 if U use this: NormalizeDouble((1.3)/2,1) = 0.7 why ???? OccsE
Hi I thought to ask first before I start coding. I need to mark a given day of the week for the last n weeks on the chart, say Ihave hourly chart and wants to take a look at the last 20 Mondays or 23 Fridays,is there a marker out there some one allready coded? thanks alot
[Deleted]
I have a few indicators and rules which I'd like to combine into an auto tradingsystem but just don't have the programming skills to do it myself. I'm thereforelooking for someone to do this for me as paid work. PM me for details. Thanks
[Deleted]
I write herein script to open two buy and sell position ,simultaneously. But justfirst position trigered and second position did not opened. Please help me #property link "http://www.metaquotes.net" int g,m=10; int start() { OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,0,Bid-m*Point,0,NULL,0,0,CLR_NONE);...
[Deleted]
Hi, New to MQL4 and I have two questions: 1. I want to perform an operation after a bar has closed, regardless of period.How do I test that a bar has closed so that I can perform my operation. I saw oneexample on the site that didn't work very well. 2. I travel quite a bit and I want to be able...
[Deleted]
hi, every time i use the trade script on my MT4 platform i get this error "tradeis not allowed in the expert properties". can someone please help or advise on how to make this work? Michael
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Jury Session Record of the 25th of October 2007 has been published. At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of severalParticipants. Four more Participants dropped out of the competition. The full text of the article...
[Deleted]
I know nothing about programming MT4 but I have the simplest of simple programming requests.... add a line to the bottom of the chart area with the local time corresponding to the MT4 chart interval time but offset for local time . I've searched and searched and come up empty for anything that does
[Deleted]
Hi ! I followed instructions at 'Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading' Automated Optimization MACD I am using Alpari MT4. mq4 was compiled with one error. 'auto_optimization.mqh' - cannot open the program file D:\Program Files\MetaTrader- Alpari UK\experts\MACD_Sample_1.mq4...
I thank you all in advance This is my problem, I want to put a simple lines in certain levels, I mean somethinglike this, a line at 1.000 another at 1.0100 next one at 1.0200, this would beevery 100 pips, I am thinking about every 25 pips, so basicly I wna be able toput lines every 25 pips since 0...
I have written an indicator which is applied to different currency pair charts.Is there a function which will return the name of the currency pair for the chartto which the indicator is being applied?