MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1608

Registration to Automated Trading Championship 2006 is opened! Just click to banner above!
Can someone help me with code that will only place one order between 0 to 24 hours?I want to code an MT4 EA to place one order per each 24 hour day. Whenever an orderis triggered by EA during the day, EA can not place another order until after 24:00Midnight. Wackena
Although I've programmed in various languages for the past 20 years, the time dimensionof MQ4 is loosing me. I would like to have something alert me after the following condition is met: Current -2 Low < Current -1 Low && Current -2 High < Current -1 High A sell would occur as soon as the current...
Hi!! I've been trying code a RSI protect. Something like this logic: if RSI>90and orderType=buy and orderprofit>=x pips, move SL to +x pips. This has to beeasy to code but I'm newbie and I can't get the code I want. any help?
[Deleted]
Hi, all is in the title: How to get the bar number from the time value returned by WindowTimeOnDropped()? Thanks!
[Deleted]
  Bar time  (1)
Hello, Hope u r doing great!!! I want to know the function to know the date and time of the occurance of barson any chart starting from bar 0 onward. Regards, Ali
[Deleted]
I'm attempting to code an EA that puts BUYLIMIT and SELLLIMIT below and above thecurrent Price perspectively at startup. Or a static price of choice as an externalvariable. For example... GridSpacing of 10 pips with a total of 10 pending orders placed (5in each direction). Can someone assist in the...
I need to know the height of the main chart window in pips or pixels, so I can placeobjects at just below the top of the chart window.
[Deleted]
  Indicator Level  (1)
Hey, I have this indicator that needs to do X-thing when it falls below -0.50 whichis also a level on a separate window. For some reason, MetaTrader (or C) doesn't like if statements with negative numbers. Here's what I'm trying to do..... if (array[x] < -0.50) { do stuff } but it doesn't like...
Hi, lately I experienced weird behavior with my MetaTrader and ODL. My logs show entrieslike these: 07:48:29 'xxxxx': request 1.00 EURUSD07:48:29 'xxxxx': request was accepted by server07:48:29 'xxxxx': answer 1.00 EURUSD 1.4916 / 1.491807:48:32 'xxxxx': close order #1914045 buy 1.00 EURUSD at 1...
Apologies for the newbie question. I've worked as a programmer for years but amjust now learning MQL4. I'm having trouble using MessageBox and PlaySound. My EAlooks like this: int start() { Print("Error number ",GetLastError()); MessageBox("Testing"); Print("Error number ",GetLastError());...
it seems for some reason when I back test my strategy I get several orders per minute. It is just a simple stop and reverse system based on a double moving average crossover. 28 2007.09.17 04:27 close 14 1. 00 1. 3871 0. 0000 0.0000 -30. 00 9244. 70 29 2007.09.17 04:27 sell 15 1.00 1.3871 0.0000 0
[Deleted]
Hi, I downloaded the demo version and I am really impressed with your software. Ithas the best user interface I have see, it is easy to navigate and offers manyadvanced functions. I'm looking forward to automate my Forex strategies but I havea question/suggestion. Is there an Easylanguage...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the Report of the 8th Week of the Championship has been published. Two thirds of the Championship have passed. Familiar Participantsare on the first places, but surprises run on. The Championship leader's equityhas grown by 46 thousand by...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, good day to you all, I have a question, tough I think it has been answered many times - yet I don'tseem to be able to find straight answer anywhere. For many people I'm sure thisproblem is just a thumb excercise, but unfortunately I'm not one of those luckysouls.. . I'm new to MQL4, and...
is there a way without doung extensive programming to have 2 MT4 charts side byside linked? So while scrolling in one chart the other is following it?
[Deleted]
i am trying to program an indicator in metatrader with not much luck because i knowzilch about programming.I read an article on here on how too do this ,, but I amgetting errors when i compile and I am not sure where to write in the sound alertitself,,and I also am not sure how to import the...
I am trying to flag the condition of MA crssover in my EA. For this the code I havewritten is min15ma14now=iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,14,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); min15ma7now=iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,7,0,MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0); min15ma14prev=iMA(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,14,0,MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);...
Hello I am hoping someone could help me out and tell me what I need to do to the attachedEA i am trying to set a buy when all blue and sell when red situation at the momentit compile's and buy's only I have been looking at the code and trying to changethings around but can't seem to see what I have...
  DDE commands  (2)
Are these the ONLY DDE commands available in Excel? =MT4|LOW!USDCHF =MT4|HIGH!USDCHF =MT4|BID!USDCHF =MT4|ASK!USDCHF =MT4|TIME!USDCHF=MT4|QUOTE!USDCHF I know you can change the symbols, but I was hoping for a little bit more. If there is more, where can I find some documentation on it?
[Deleted]
I am new to MT4 and could really use some help. I am looking for an existing script or for someone to create a script that records the price of EUR/USD every half an hour and places the value into an MS excel spreadsheet . I have no clue how to make a script with MT4 and I could really use some
Hi I would like to know how it is possible to know if price is between two trend lines. l1 = NormalizeDouble(ObjectGetValueByShift(1TrendName, 0), Digits); l2 = NormalizeDouble(ObjectGetValueByShift(2TrendName,0),Digits); if(Ask>l1 && Ask<l2) This wont work if the two trendlines are at an angle...
Displaying a News Calendar This article contains the description of writing a simple and convenient indicatordisplaying in a working area the main economic events from external Internet resources. Author: Slobodov Gleb
Hi all Yet another question for you guys. And thank you for your help so far. This forumrocks! Is there a way to perform database operations from mq4? Eg, I want to find a particularrecord in a csv file and replace one of its fields. Thanks M
  How important?  (2)
Hello, How important is to use RefreshRates() function before sending or modifying any order? And if you don't mind, please show me some examples here. Thank you
  Freaken hell  (3)
Hi I have an EA Im working on a was backtesting it when I decided I am gonna copyexact same code to another file so I can keep an old backup. So I take new EA with exact same code as other one and backtest, you know whathappened!!!! It gave me a complete different number , it went down 20%. So I...
[Deleted]
I wonder if anyone has coded this in MQL4 yet? Thanks. GANN - Swing Us:=BarsSince((H > Ref(H,-1)) AND (Ref(H,-1) > Ref(H,-2))); Ds:=BarsSince((L < Ref(L,-1)) AND (Ref(L,-1)< Ref(L,-2))); Sd1:=If(Us=0, {then}If(Ref(L,-1)<>LowestSince(1,Ds=0,L), {then}1, {else}0), {else}If(Ds=0,...
[Deleted]
Hello, can anyone please help? Is it possible to run a demo EA on a live account? I mean, say I have an accountof $5,000 and like to test my EA on that very account, but of course, without tamperingeven a cent of it. Thank you.
  Feature Requests.  (10)
I don't know if this is the place to do this but I'd like to make some feature requests. Terminal: 1. The ability to choose whether to have an indicator window at the top or bottomof the chart. 2. Be able to blend indicators. e.g display a moving average over a CCI or blendtwo CCI's. 3. A...