MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1472

[Deleted]
I need help modifying the parabolic SAR. Unforturnately I have found I have no aptitude for indicator programing because my attempts have been comparable to a train wreck. Here is what I have in mind: I would like to modify the Parabolic SAR to emit a sound when the dot flips to the other side of...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, i attached this code to my account but it refused to work, i don't know what was wrong in the code. Can anybody look into it?
  EURCAD window  (6)
Hi, I installed MT, and started watching all EUR pairs, but I can't find EURCAD pair. A found all major pairs with EUR, but not EURCAD. I created MQL4 command: Print("EURCAD:"+iClose("EURCAD",PERIOD_M1,0)); it always get same number: 1.67865 Any help? P.S. With Print("EURUSD:"+iClose("EURUSD"...
Hi all, I have just recently upgraded to build 223 and have noticed something strange going on... I have an EA which calls a custom indicator "InsideBars" which as the name suggests draws an arrow on the chart below the low of the bar if it is an inside bar, EMPTY_VALUE otherwise. In my Journal, I...
During backesting, I'm seeing the following error message: 2009.03.30 23:27:26 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.3987 at 2008.12.30 09:05 and price 1.3986 mismatched) However (as depicted on the attached screenshot) the low value is 1.3986, not 1.3887 as stated above. There are...
[Deleted]
Hi@all, I want to modify the OrderMagicNumber of an opend order after a I sold a part from it. Is this possible? I found an old thread but there was no solution found. How can an EA notice that I sold e.g. 0.01 lots with 50$ profit from an 0.1 lots order yet? So that the next sell will be with 100$...
[Deleted]
Hi guys I need some help please I am having a hard time getting the grid to replace pending orders if they are turned into market orders... have a look : 1: This is how I get it to place 6 pending buys and 6 pending sells above and below a set range size that is able to be changed externally :...
[Deleted]
Hi, please help me, this script is writing out the data from opened chart. (high, low....) I would like to modify this script, to take as input the currency pairs (aud-usd, or eur-usd...) and the time frame and write out the data to file...
[Deleted]
I know some people recommend a minimum of 5K or 10K in your traders account. What's your minimum?
[Deleted]
This may seem like a dumb question, but here goes. (I am a programmer, but new to MT$, so forgive the question if it is dumb.) Last night I was modifying my EA code from a directory on a flash drive, compiling it there, and then copying the .exe to the MT4 experts folder. Today, that doesn't seem...
Hi, I put PERIOD_M1 in the Timeframe param, and attach this indicator to a M5-chart (not M1-chart). double MA20 = iMA ( NULL , PERIOD_M1 , 20 , 0 , MODE_SMA , PRICE_CLOSE ,1 ) ; What does this give me? The value of MA-20 on M5's last bar , or value of MA-20 on M1's last bar ? I am having trouble
I have a very strange problem and I'd really apreciate any help! I'm running several MT4 platforms on a WIndows 2003 server. Each platform has its own demo account with a different Expert Advisor. Each time an Expert needs to open a trade, it opens 2 identical trades. Please see attached screen. It...
Hello friends :) I need help for my EA Script :) i want to place Volume Regulator in the extern boolean, to be able to regulaate Minimum and Maximum Lot size before starting the trade. EA to do not trade with smaller or bigger Lot sizes. For example: if there is a signal to trade (for example...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm still learning this stuff. I made this custom indicator to draw arrows. I used WPR for testing and the conditions were red arrow down every time WPR crosses -20 level down. The other cond. is green on crossing -80 upbound. The indicator works and I actually understand what it does. I then...
[Deleted]
Can somebody help me in writing a script for unloading quotes from the selected period into an external file for more currency pairs, there is a script named OutQuotings, I'm using, but it is working only for a currency pair in opened window. I need a script which can do a job for 10 pairs at once,...
In another post I complained about modeling quality itself. Now I found that the modeling quality is not constant for the same test that is run multiple times. This ultimately proves that the tester is not reliable (build 222). 1. First, let's make sure that we delete all history and tester cache: 2...
[Deleted]
I am trying to build a very simple EA with a single smoothed moving average of 5 periods as a main decision maker. However, being a totaly new to the mql4 I need some help with one peace of code. How should I code sending a buy order only when the 3 consecutive 5 minutes each candles close above...
[Deleted]
My trading partner and I have been trading a breakout strategy for almost 3 years and have been extremely successful doing this manually.  Is there an established program or could someone write a program for the following kind of strategy?   On a 1 hour chart we are waiting for the price to CLOSE...
I've searched the site and evidently mouse clicks can't be captured; has anyone found a work around to do this? Failing that, is there any way to get the co-ordinates of a trend line that has been drawn manually? The time co-ordinate is obviously given by the current bar, but I can't figure any way...
[Deleted]
  GMT Offset  (3)
I am new to trading and MT4 so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this question or a stupid question. I am having trouble understanding how to determine what your GMT offset is. Is this something you have to get from your broker (I'm only trading demo right now and so far they...
[Deleted]
I have tried compiling the EA I downloaded from the forum site (AIS3TR by AIS) in the metaEditor.Under the description I had, compiling 'AIS3TR.MQ4'... But nothing else happened. I was hoping the computer will come up with the message that the compiling was complete, it never did. Please can you...
Hi, If I declare an array of size 1, I can write and read values much beyond 1. How is this possible? Is it resizing everytime? Also, I noticed that I either have to initialize the array, or provide a size during declaration for it to work properly. See the code below that does none of these, and...
[Deleted]
I have tried compiling the EA I downloaded from the forum site (AIS3TR by AIS) in the metaEditor.Under the description I had compiling 'AIS3TR.MQ4'... But nothing else happened. I was hoping the computer will come up with the message that the compiling was complete, it never did. Please can anyone...
Hi, everybody I'm pretty new to MQL4. have some prior programing exp, need some helpto get started on the programing, have been trading currency fora while now and want to extend my box of tools and want to learnthe code. If there is someone from theBay area it would be even easier. if interested...
  Price and Iband  (3)
if (iBands(NULL,0,20,1,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,0) == Ask){                    Alert(Ask +"==="+iBands(NULL,0,20,1,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,0));          } Hi, why I get mass of ask prices if I just need one price when it cross upper iBand. Does an error: TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume...
Hi, I'm wondering if programmers didn't forgot to add a balance into that software. Without knowing how much money one have trading has not any sense. Can anyone tell me where I can find information about current balance? Even if these are virtual money only. Thnx
[Deleted]
How do you add more $ to the demo account?
Hello, I want to create a program where I place a Buy and Sell Stop order. When one gets filled, I want to cancel the other order. How do I do that? I tried using Totalorders but that tells me the total pending and open order. I also tried to use if (OrderSelect(ticketsell...
When I use the back tester for my EA and try to get the account balance for each of my trades, it only gives the initial starting balance of the account with out any added profits until the EA closes. How do I get the account balance to show for at the time of each trade in the tester?