MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1452

[Deleted]
I think that I must be exceeding a limit on the number of rows in my journal as it is not showing me print results for all of my time periods in the strategy tester Journal. Can anyone tell me what to do to enable all results to show? Thanks!
[Deleted]
Is anyone aware of a TA that has been written that will produce a moving average, and then a moving average of that moving average? The end result would be a two line display. For example, the first line might be a 25 period based on the closing price MA and the second line might be a 5 period
[Deleted]
Can anyone help me please! I need my EA to only delete orders that are of a certain pair: if(totalO==1) { for(i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS); int type = OrderType(); bool result = false;...
Hello would anyone care to advise me why this piece of code doesnt work?  double MA=iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);  double ST=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"SuperTrend",10,3,0);    if (MA<ST)      {                                                 ObjectCreate("Arrow", OBJ_ARROW,0,1,1);...
Hi, I am testing an expert advisor with a Trailing stop loss of 5 pips. It works fine on my Alpari account but on Interbank Fx trader it does not work ie the trailing stop loss does not trigger. Could someone please advise.
[Deleted]
If I have an expert advisor that runs Moving averages like this, will it produce a signal running only on the hour chart? I am trying to close orders based on the 15 minute chart but am unclear if i need to run on only one or both to get the signals I need? The strategy tester doesn't seem to...
i dont know wether mql4 has indicator strategies tester where u can play past event and then u watch your custom indicator perform .even u can start placing order and see result of selected choose past date of your choice. if any one know where we can find that that will go a long way in test our...
Hi, I'd like to Print() on a specific Log file in order to get easily to my own messages and not get mixed with an useless stuff. TIA Best regards BBF
[Deleted]
Here's another script. It exports data for the following pairs: EURUSD GBPUSD USDCHF GBPCHF EURCHF USDJPY GBPJPY EURJPY AUDJPY NZDJPY CHFJPY USDCAD AUDUSD NZDUSD EURGBP EURAUD EURCAD AUDCAD AUDNZD It exports the 32, 64 and 200 period moving average values for M15, H1, H4 and D1. It also exports the
[Deleted]
Hello, i am working on a code based on ema and stochastics indicators, it has take profit and stop loss already, but i want the ea to close an existing order that has not gotten to take profit or stop loss, using only the stochastics signal. i want it to close a buy order if (stocha1 is lower...
[Deleted]
  Delaying trades  (3)
Could anyone help me here.....I have an EA on the 4hr timeframe. I have built in a globalvariable so once I set my orders and they are finally closed, no more orders can be placed. What I would like to do is to modify my code so that it waits one bar (four hours) and then deletes the global variable...
[Deleted]
  A simple EA idea  (1)
Hi, Does anyone know any EA coded like this or can someone help? The ea will open a buy & sell order a set amount away from the close of the last bar The ea will then have to pick up a trade when its opened and closes the other order eg if buy is hit and active it closes the sell pending order The...
Hi, I'd like to use an extern dll. I tried to use the ExpertSample dll and it worked. I even could compile this sample with Visual Studio 2008 ant it also worked. But when I opened a new project (classlibrary(dll)) in Visual Studio and copied the code from the ExpertSample into it, I could compile...
[Deleted]
Hi I tried to find articles for MMR but mostly ran into interviews. Can someone please point me to articles explaining effective MMR? Things like order size, stop loss, account size etc. thanks much in advance. Pankaj
[Deleted]
I talked to alpari today they had issues with the cable and euro, Last week they pulled all data files. Technicians are working on the problem. Hopefully they will get the data files back soon, there is NO DATE. So, I am also at the point of paying for the reliable data. I can recreate...
[Deleted]
I need to get it back to default like it came when i downloaded it. Can't seem to install the cci indicator that i found for it
[Deleted]
Drag and drop it on any chart. It exports R3, R2, R1, Pivot, S1, S2, & S3 for D1, W1 and M1 into a .csv file for the following pairs: EURUSD GBPUSD USDCHF GBPCHF EURCHF USDJPY GBPJPY EURJPY AUDJPY NZDJPY CHFJPY USDCAD AUDUSD NZDUSD EURGBP EURAUD EURCAD AUDCAD AUDNZD For reasons unknown, it is not
Hi, Just wonder why the alert message not appear in the special function start() while alert message appear in special function init() and deinit()? Can someone tell me why? I have to admit I am new to EA writing :) Thank you.
[Deleted]
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to programming but I've recently gone through the (fantastic) book on this site and have a couple years of practical experience in MT4 modifying indicators and eas to the best of my ability. Now I'm ready to create my own system and I had a quick question. I've an idea
Hi all, ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,SL,TP,comment,Magic,0,Green); you know this code, open buy position but I want to open opposite position when buy position is +15 bip. and then I did this, ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,Slippage,SL,TP,comment,Magic,0,Green);...
Hi all, I have a little problem. Maybe you can help me with it. A friend of mine coded an EA for me and it works pretty good. It is based on a fix price, which I can enter when I add the ea to the chart. Unfortunately it does not draw a line in the chart at the fix price ratio. So I am sitting here...
Hi. I have trouble to find in the hard disk the folder where MetaEditor store the new indicators or ea, both compiled ex4 and source mq4. I am  not able to find those, with Windows function Searh Files. It is supposed to be in the MetaTrader folder c:\Programs\Meta Trader 4\ but in every folder...
Question 1 : Howto initialise for example an external variables #property show_inputs extern string start_date="2009.01.20"; extern string finish_date="2009.01.27"; How change those dates automaticaly to start_ date = todays date and finish_date to start_date + 1 day. Trieed todo it in the...
I had a BUY on AUD/USD with lot size 0.01, the minimum. I was earning swaps on this order. The order close without my knowledge. My expert advisors was on monitoring mode ONLY and not in automatic trade mode. I was trading manually because of all the new rules being added by NFA. Anyhow, the BUY...
I've got two copies of MetaTrader, one on build 220 and one on build 223. If I create an EA using build 220, the .ex4 file works fine on build 220 of MT4 but causes build 223 to crash. And, similarly, if I create an EA using build 223, then the .ex4 file works fine on build 223 but crashes build 220...
hi please help me please explain about iStochastic() function . may introduce any perfect reference (web site, ... )that explain iStochastic() function ? Thanks
Hi, Can anyone put me onto an indicator that will place lines on the chart to show the high and low of a range between certain times. Hope someone can help. Regards, KeithN.
Hi. I found trouble to install the last MetaTrader4 build 224, ON the previous build 220. If i choose the folder where to install the new (224) build, "overwriting" the past (220) the setup just install, but when i launch the program i get a crash like the one i've pasted below. I remember that i've...
Hi I have been trying to use a combination of indicators to eventually make an EA but I would like to see if I can just get an alert and a arror when there is a divergence of two indicators. Two indicators= Relative Strength Index Closing Period of 4 diverges with On Balance Volume Close on...
[Deleted]
Hi I understand that maximum allowed dimensions are 4 inmulti-dimensional array. But, what is the maximum number of elements allowed in each dimensionof multi-dimensional array? Thanks