MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1450

[Deleted]
I just downloaded MT4 from Alpari and found that the compiler cannot launch. I use MT4 on a VPS with no problem so I wanted to add some of my custom indicators to my lap-top but without the compiler I am unable to do this. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?
[Deleted]
Hi, I have questions regarding the reliability of the orders and tickets. Suppose I have an open order. Is there any possible way the net contracts could change (i.e. margin call, or unexpected error)? If so, I was planning to implement some kind of error check that would correct such unexpected
greating, I have an external inputs variable for me indicator, it will prompt the inputs tab when i add the indicator to chart. however when i added my libraries function  call (#include), the input tab will disappear when i add the indicator to chart. please help, thanks #include "C:\Program...
[Deleted]
Hey all! im a noob and my first project is to build an EA out of an indicator (I guess im not the only one starting that way hehehe) After hours of research, I found that the indicator will put its "little arrows and crosses" indicating when to buy or sell every time one of this if statements is...
Hello All Is there any way to write a indicator in MQ4 which will just alert once per bar on a cross. I am writing a indicator to alert me when a oscillar is crossing up or down on 50 just once is it every possible. I am lost. Would be really nice if you can help me with an examplz I am struck on...
[Deleted]
  Zero Divide????  (4)
Hi guys...can some one please tell me what it means when i do a back test and in the journal it says zero divide. It then only takes 1 trade but no more...I have used normalizedouble so dont think its got to do with the ordersend values... Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi everyone! Have enclosed .mq4 file for a plotting Pivot Points. It has one serious problem in that on Monday it plots the pivots just based onthe partial days data from Sunday evening when the forex markets reopen. This invariablymeans that the Pivots on your chart on Monday are effectrively...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have been thinking about developing EA for swing trading butcan’t seem to get a grip on identifying entry, stops and target points automatically. Any suggestions in those directions would be great help.Thanks
Can someone please help me with this? I placed my first trade in MT4. In the terminal, under the trade tab, I do NOT see my trade. I only see my final balance. Because I can't see my trade, I can't modify my trade. Obviously, this is a pretty serious problem! Can anyone please help me resolve...
Hello guys I am trying to create an EA using "Damiani volatmeter",  but Im unsure at this point how to check its status. I assume i would use iCustom, but im not sure how to do that with an indicator like this one thanks
Can someone help me modify this indicator so it displays the price and the fib level? I tried to do it but with no luck .Thank you!!!
Whenever I load my indicator on the chart, it looks exactly how I want it to. However, if I leave it running, it doesn't update. Any help would be greatly appreciative. int start()  {   int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();   int bSetup;   double tfm=50*Point;//----   int limit;...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm fairly new to FX and MT4 platform, anyone here know how you can see how much your order value is in every trade? like when you place and order long or short and you pickup size 3 for example,how you can see how much $ value you are using from your account in that trade. also is there a...
[Deleted]
I've got 64 total variables that I would like to order from highest to lowest by their numeric value. Is there a way to accomplish this?
  Help me please  (1)
Hi everyone! (privet vsem, znaiu russki yazik, no k sozhaleniu net russkoi klaviatury, no traslitirovanie yasnoe)))) My name is Luca, i'm italian. With a friend of mine, i developed a good way of trading, and we would want to automize it. My friend is a programmer, knows the language of metatrader,...
[Deleted]
Hello, I try to draw the Differenze between Ask and MA in Pips as text with ObjectCreate, but it doesn't work. where is mistake. Thank you Source Code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Custom indicator initialization function...
[Deleted]
How do you put a 'password' protect on a Indicator?
Hello Everyone, I am in the beginning stages of writing an EA that uses FIb retracements. I am asking if anyone as done anything similiar. I have searched the forums but can't seem to find any posts that talk about how they determined the High and low swing between trends. I have written a bit of...
[Deleted]
Hello All: I'm attempting to code my stops so that if profit (in pips) is between 30 & 60, the stop should be based on a PSAR with a step of .03. If profit (again, in pips) is between 60 & 90, the stop should be at the PSAR with a step of .02. Finally, if Profit is between 90 and 120, the stop...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I really need you help on detecting all pending orders with a specific "magic number" and delete them if a specific condition is found. I have tried several ways but I was unable to do it. I am new to mql. The idea is, if a condition is found (for instance a value for a variable is >= X),...
[Deleted]
  frozen platform  (1)
When right clicking at the chart for editing indicators or deleting objects, the platform freezes. The only way to get out and reload is to go into CTRL-ALT-Del. it freezes each time when I try to rightclick. Help,pls thanks
Hello, I want to present you my 123_EA. It search for 123 pattern and use the MACD Indikator for conformation a trade direction. It works fine, here are some some pictures how it work: Like one can see in the pictures it is usefull for small and fast trades like scalping. The breakouts are often...
Something really strange is going on here and I just don't get it. ...double TrailingStop;...if (OrderStopLoss() < TrailingStop) { Log("StopLoss="+OrderStopLoss()+" TrailingStop="+TrailingStop); doStuff();} My log shows: ...StopLoss=1.11190000 TrailingStop=1.11190000... --> wtf? Same datatype. Same...
  What IBFX earn?  (2)
HI all, How is IBFX earn from us? via a spread? How to know if the symbol() spread is a fixed spread or a variable spread? I use GBPUSD with a 4 pip spread.
[Deleted]
Have Alpari UK gbp funded live a/c - 'just' ~550 sterling balance I think seriously about transfer into USD funded state so trade in usd's etc. Following your kind advices... I would make (or not) the 'phone call to Broker Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
  [how] average EA  (1)
i'm trying to make averaging EA that can BUY at Q price with TP1 and SL1 and set BUY LIMIT X pips below Q with TP2 and SL2 in the same time when meet certain buy criteria, and of course SELL and SELL LIMIT for sell entry.  When it opens BUY and BUY LIMIT... then when price hit TP1 the BUY LIMIT is...
[Deleted]
HELLO  can someone please tell me how do i do forward test and backtest on my ea? how accurecy is forward test and backtest? im kinda new in this so please help and thank you you can reply back at fxwillpower1688@gmail.com 
can some help me with this error extern int TakeProfit=750; extern int TrailingStop=100; extern int StopLoss = 100; // check open possitions and place sl, tp int start() { int cnt, totalOrders; totalOrders = OrdersTotal(); if (totalOrders>0) // open orders identified { for
[Deleted]
Hi, I am little confused with the notion of CLOSE price ofcurrent candle. What is the CLOSE price of current candle? Since the candleis not yet formed, should we call it something else instead of CLOSE price?
Hi, and thanks for taking time to help me out. I'm struggling with a program run that looks like the following: void start() { //---- LongEntry1(); LongEntry2(); LongEntry3(); LongEntry4(); CheckForTrendReverse(); //---- } //End of start() All of the functions listed above are of the 'Void'-type....