MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1288

HI, I composed a simple EA to send e-mail alert on MA crossover. However, instead of one e-mail, it sends out many e-mail. HEre is the snapshot. I put the EA in H1 chart Here is the source code . Hope you all can help find out what is the root cause...
[Deleted]
  float indicator  (1)
Hi could anyone give me information about this indicator or a resource guide about it? thanks in advance mrpimsler
hi,, please i wanna add this line to my expert if time=23,then close all opening positions
[Deleted]
Hello All, Does anybody know what does the "mode" parameter in iCustom mean? iCustom ( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift) Thank you
I have basic skills in programming. Basically when I trade manually by visual interpretation I will scan multiple bars (varying time intervals) on the same time frame (e.g. 15min) for patterns in price (e.g. High/Low). However the number of bars scanned are never fixed. So my question is what is...
[Deleted]
please i have been having problem with the platform am using it keeps on crashing and i do not know what could be the caused of it. I do not know if anybody too is experiencing such problem .it crashes when i load my EA on it and it was not like that before. Please kindly assist me. thanks.
[Deleted]
Dear all, I need your help on developing a code for controling the number of existing positions openned. NOT ALL just the negative ones. I have a sample code that limits the number of open trades/positions but this one considers all positions and not just the negative positions. The code is: "bool
Below is my favorite order-send with time-stamp code. This code works well in back-tests and demo-testing which doesn't have allot of broker re-quoting. Would this code survive re-quoting situations? I'm concern because when I OrderSend, I place a Time-Stamp on the variable assuming that the order...
  Coding question  (1)
Hi is it possible to load an idicator from an expert advicer or an expert Adviceer from a custom indicater thank peter A
It must be late and I can't find it. It's in an indicator, that when loaded on a chart, it works fine. But when I call it from an EA I get Zero Divide. note: I have called this from 9 other EA's. Each call gives me the same result in the Journal for Strategy Tester. Here's the code call in the EA:...
B"H Hello, What are the limitations on the volume of an opened order? (i.e. the "volume" argument of the "OrderSend" function) Thanks, Yan
[Deleted]
  Function that returns 2 results?  (34   1 2 3 4)
I need to return 2 results from one function . I can seperate them and creat one function for each result I need, but it's a lot more code and makes other things more complicated. Is this possible with MT4
[Deleted]
Hi all in this forum. I've been trading for some years now and have a few ideas for an EA I want to investigate. Is there anyone in this forum living in Sydney that is maybe a computer programmer, or knows how to write code for MT4? Cheers Paul
As many do, I have multiple demo accounts on the go at once. Lately I've been having problems with them crashing, so have been removing & reinstalling them etc. I have a 'Multi-Account' MT4 client which gives one a single, centralized view of the current state of all of the multiple accounts; but...
[Deleted]
I find in the documentation I can execute a script from inside a custom indicator. However, I am unable to find examples showing how this is done. If anyone can provide insight into how to do this it would be very much appreciated. Some code snippets would help. Thanks in advance.
Hola soy nuevo en esto. y pues desde luego me apasiona lo que es la elaboracion de sistemas automáticos, pues me seria de gran ayuda si me ayudaran a desarrollar un sistema con Redes Neuronales. o si fueran tan amables de enviarme papers, documentos. o textos dónde pueda ayudarme me seria de gran
[Deleted]
This should be an easy question, hopefully. Is there any code available that I can use to have my EA load an indicator in the current chart window(0)? I'm not looking to get any data from the indicator, just would like the EA to force it to display in the current window.
[Deleted]
Hi all with variable spread of FxPro, I can see very large spread like 56pips on sunday 23H and very tight like 8pips on Monday 11H. what do you think about using spread as a activity index that indicate pairs is in good activity and can be trade easily (and of course, with less $ for the spread)...
[Deleted]
For certain reasons (such as programmatically combining two compiled indicators), I'd like to wrap an indicator in a new indicator and use the iCustom call to get the values to paint on the screen. For example, I have an indicator called CCI2 which basically has an iCustom call to CCI but paints on
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write an EA that limits trades to once a day. However, I cannot find a function for time that will work when backtesting ( the system checks the current time, not the timeframe thats being backtested). Has anyone developed a function for this, or am I missing something obvious?
Hi all, I am writing a simple EA to email alert me when there is moving average crossover. eg SendMail(Symbol() + " 20>50","Date and Time : "+TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS)+" \n"+"Currency      : "+Symbol()    +""); I would like to know how do I add code, so that I know the...
Hi everyone, I am relative new to MQL4 so I need a little help programming a new Indicator. I already programmed it in NinjaTrader but I could not do it in MT4. So I hope someone can help me. Description: I call the Indikator Insidebarindikator, this is a translation from german so it might not be...
Also I'm trying to do is use Meta Trader to load an MACD. but all I get is the histogram (which I don't want) and one line. What I'd really like is to receive the regular two lines so I can view when there's a crossover. This is probably too simple, but I can't make it happen on MetaTrader. Can...
  BUG report  (1)
the following code can compile ok, through it miss one param. void test(){    int bufid=0;    string shortname;    int type=1;    int tradeType=1;    SetIdxStyle(true, bufid, shortname, /*miss param suffix*/ type,tradeType);}void SetIdxStyle(bool used, int& bufid, string& shortname, string suffix,...
As many do, I have multiple demo accounts on the go at once. Lately I've been having problems with them crashing, so have been removing & reinstalling them etc. I have a 'Multi-Account' MT4 client which gives one a single, centralized view of the current state of all of the multiple accounts; but...
I didn't think the virtualstore was going to be such a problem with windows7 and MT4. However I'm finding out pretty slowly that changes I'm making in the virtualstore folder isn't propagating to the \programfiles\ folder. Should I go back to winxp? or do I have to delete the files in...
hi please i wanna add sound alert to this expert when it (opens or close ) positions thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| This MQL is generated by Expert Advisor Builder | //| http://sufx.core.t3-ism...
Somebody knows about an indicator based in Fibonacci that give audible alerts ? Thank you in advance to whom respond me. Best regards from Argentina, Betowm
[Deleted]
Does anyone know where i can get history data for the AUD/CAD for dates earlier than july, 2007. I have a therory about my ea is that it only works when the economy is just going to the dogs, which is about as far back I can get data. If I can ckeck 2004 to 2007, then it will let me know if the EA...