MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1166

Hi, Has anyone tried running an excel macro from an EA? How can I code that? Anyone have samples? =) Thanks!!
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm very confused about why my stop-loss is not being honored in certain cases. I've attached a screen shot that shows the problem (I've seen it at least once before this occurrence). The second trade in my list was a sale. I set the stop loss at 1.39583. It's clear that at the time the...
so... i untick the snychronise with data centre option i empty the data in history centre, import my M1 data, then use the period converter to update the other Periodicities. however, it still updates prices, even though i unticked the data centre sync box, although i am quite sure it does not
  expired indicator  (43   1 2 3 4 5)
Hello, Can someone make this indicator to work ? TIA
2011.04.29 20:40edit| delete Hello! Please, somebody can help me to define "High(iHighest)"more specificly? The following I can find in this Forum: double highestPriceAfterBuy = High[iHighest(NULL,0, MODE_HIGH, iBarShift(NULL, 0, OrderOpenTime()), 0)]; I need the High(iHighest) after closing Order...
How can I change my login name?
Can EA inputs be changed while the EA is live or does changing the inputs stop the EA trading?
Hi, Has any one experienced a problem with switching to different broker? I have got a demo with FXpro, where I wrote EA... and works... but does not want to work on my live acc. with VantageFX. I have downloaded other demos (XTB, Gomarkets) and the script does not work there either. I have...
[Deleted]
Where is the mistake, cause it didn't started.
[Deleted]
Hello guys, Im trying to build my first EA. I got some Visual Basic courses at highschool (years ago), but that hasn't helped me much. I'm very motivated to learn though. I've been spending a lot of hours on the underneath code (yes, you can laugh) but things aren't working as they should. So it's...
The drop-down menu in the tester terminal describes the control points model as "a very crude method based on the nearest less timeframe". What exactly does that entail? How does it work? Comparing results via the 'every tik' model and control points, I see very little discrepancy
[Deleted]
I'm still learning mql4 (one month experience :P) and i want my EA to write the current Day, TIme and Order, each time that the order changes. The first part was easy, but when my ea put some data in the csv file, it makes only one line and on each writting, this line is rewrited. Example: Today is...
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA that draws the objects on the chart, but after a while I find this slows down metatrader, I ma trying to add some code to delete the graphics at specified times, here is my current code: double BB(string up_dn, int barback){int tf = 0;int theBandsPeriod; if(Period() ==...
[Deleted]
Greetings everyone, I'm currently facing a dillema. A customer wanted to get a source code file (mq4) for an EA he asked me to do. I agreed to do the EA for no fee, as I was only interested in honing my skills and getting some fresh ideas, none of which has changed in my mind, however I had no...
Is there any metaeditor 4 and metatrader 4 online class? Where can I start from to learn them? Compare metaeditor 4 and 5 which is more powerful, friendly and easy to use or learn?
New article MQL5 Wizard: New Version is published at mql5.com: The article contains descriptions of the new features available in the updated MQL5 Wizard. The modified architecture of signals allow creating trading robots based on the combination of various market patterns. The example contained in...
Is it correct that there is a problem with the search function? I get the message "An error occurred. Please try again later." But I get this message already now for 2 days. Is there any helpdesk to whom I can address this problem?
Do you have any online class about metaeditor 5 and metatrader 5? Where can I start from to learn them? Compare metaeditor 4 and 5 which is more powerful, friendly and easy to use or learn?
Does the Take profit of a BUY close on the Bid or the Ask and ther reverse Does the Take profit of a SELL close on which? Sometimes I just can't think properly - this one of those moments.
[Deleted]
int CalculateCurrentOrders(string symbol) { int buys=0,sells=0; //---- for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break; if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MAGICMA) { if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) buys++;...
  zero devide  (3)
Hi, Im running into a problem i can't figure out. I try to make the Williams' percentage range indicator but the below part of the code gives a zero devide error all the time but when the /1 part is left out, the code works fine and the given values are according to the code. Alle the used arrays...
Hi Guys/Gals, I'm newbie around, but I'm trying to build EA by myself. I learnt C++ about 10 years ago and try to remember. Is there anyone knew where I can find a complete EA sample even the simple one? Or anyone can made EA that using Bolinger band indicator only? Rules is simple just buy when...
  System WIP Help  (3)
I have been using my trading strategy for a while now and would really like to make it better \ hoping someone here could help me i just need a way to filter my signals and maybe have a good way to know to exit my trades in the image you can see the arrows i enter on the open of the NEXT candle the...
[Deleted]
sl_buy=Ask-SL*Point; TPvalue= Ask+TP*Point; OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slippage,sl_buy,TPvalue,"CS", MagicNumber,0,Blue); sl_sell=Bid+SL*Point; TPvalue= Bid-TP*Point; OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,slippage,sl_sell,TPvalue,"CS",...
Hi guys, I want to let the 2 EAs run on one account but if there is one buy and one sell position of the London_Open EA open the NY_Open EA can´t open a buy and a sell position. Each EA should open one buy and one sell position at givin time. Who can help? Regards,
[Deleted]
Well I've helped enough noobs now that I think I'm entitled post my own noob topic. Please let it be clear that I am not asking anyone to write code for me. This is a topic for ideas. I have written an EA that achieves a profit factor as high as 5 if I let my sloploss slide a bit, or 3 with what...
Suppose I have the following code: //... global scope int var;int init(){//...   var = 3;//...}int start(){//...   Print("var = ",var);//...} the output each time start() runs is "var = 3" why?? If I did not declare var as static the memory partition where 'var' is stored should be wiped clean each...
I do not believe the "Relative Time Frame" indicators below are anything new. However, I have not seen the idea anywhere before. I would like to share it and expand it with anyone who is interested. The premise is simple: Traders need to know what's happening on the higher timeframes. Standard MTF...
Hello Sir/Madam, Is it possible to get MT4 Software for Nokia N900 Mobile Phone?. Because I found that the MT4 SW is available only for Windows Mobile. If it is possible to provide MT4 for Nokia N900 Mobile, I am ready to buy with Key. And this will also more helpful for Nokia users. Thanks for your...
Hi, when I started to download historical Data MT4 informed me that I'm going to download data from Metaquotes, while my account is with Active Trades. ok, but from my broker I know the time-off of his data, but what is the time offset of the quotes from Metaquotes? Thanks in adcance, gooly