General - page 1697

Salutations and Greeting. Ladies and Gentlemen, announcing the commencement of the 8th. Real Trader Contest. Real Trader 8th Contest Registration The Contest will be held between 10-21th December 2007http://www.realtrade.lv/eng/common.php?link=8 Prizes 1st place: 1000$ 2nd place: 500$ 3rd place:...
[Deleted]
Hi all Today the market was so weird... I am reffering to the USD in particular. We got 3 high impact news(red) and the USD was supposed to be moving over 80 pips... but ... we saw no big moves at all. Those who were waiting for the NFP to book some pips might be so sad today. They have to pack up
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with William Boatright has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/316/). William Boatright (wackena) is in the Forex market since last year. Before this he had been trading in the stock exchange for about 10...
hello i am new comer, and i'm chinese! in china, many peopel who trade forex choose mm platform, but i hear that the ecn platform is better than mm, is it true? i want to know what's the difference between these two, and the MB-Trading is also the ecn platform, isn't it? how about it?
[Deleted]
Can I get someone to create an Indicator / EA built on this strategy please?? It seems to be extremely simple, yet extremely profitable... Trend Hugger System
Can it??anyone can explain it I hold My Sell on 2.1000
I was thinking SURELY this is out there already, but I couldn't find it! If previous day's (adjustable GMT?) open/close is higher/lower than todays open/close, buy/sell. Adjustable TP,SL and TS. Anybody seen that?
  MT4 Trading Tool  (29   1 2 3)
Hi everyone Would someone know where a trader could go and download the MT4 trading tool that lets you closed out more than one position at one time, or all open positions. I have heard other traders speak of it and at one time knew a few traders who were using it but at the time I didn't feel...
[Deleted]
I cannot se a port number in the settings (only a server name), probably because i''m trading demo (it's with alpari). The connection specifications should be located somewhere in the C:/program files/alpari cataloge Anyone know where?
I would like to know if it's possible to test your system on simulated offline data, and also be able to change time-frames just as in live demo trading.
Hi! I am quite newbee into all this. Have been practising FOREX on Demos.Have come to know and understand the indicators and while fiddling around with them, i noticed something.I dont know if it is old stuff. It can be handy in eliminating having many indicators saying the same thing. What i
  carrytrade  (3)
I heard something about "carry traders". What exactly does "carry traders/carry trade" mean? Thank you..
  NN literature  (11   1 2)
Hi, The (A)NN side of EA's attract me a lot. Are there some books/good websites/etc. available from which i can learn how to program/create an NN EA? Thanks
did anyone experience a miss of data on MT4 (i am with FXDD) today around 2-3 GMT?
I wish to download history from my broker. This is so I have history for backtesting. I have previously done this by opening each chart and clicking on each timeframe until all the history is filled. This takes from 30 min to one hour depending on the time of day and the number of pairs to download...
Hello, Hope that someone can clarify this for me: I am using four stoch in one chart and the price field is set to "0", however I have noticed that if I set it to "1" it affects the stoch somewhat. In my trading MultiTimeFrames Stoch I look for the close of candles for confirmation before entering a...
  broker  (14   1 2)
what broker that uses metatrader? Thanks!
Hi, I am wondering if somebody know the following indicator or could code this. (price range indicator) * To calculate automatically the price range between A and B... like Fibonacci retracemnet on MT4 It would be very appreciaitve if you could kindly let me know it. Thank you. H.
Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong! The indicator works correctly both for the lines displayed and their values. I do not seem to be able to transfer the values correctly to the EA. In the EA the EA calculation of the pivot value matches the displayed indicator pivot value (say 2...
[Deleted]
  Daily Signals ...  (11   1 2)
Hello , i'm going to put everyday signals here which i will use it in my own live account these signals are for GBPJPY , EURJPY and some time GBPCHF -for the 1st 2 pairs i prefer to use 6% and 4% margin and extra 4% for the last pair - signals are to be Pending Orders - the balance will start from...
For those interested some interviews with top traders: Interviews with Top Traders
Does anyone know how to set up an e-mail alert for an indicator? I am using a simple SMA crossover alert, but what I really need is for the alert to be e-mailed to me. I set up the e-mail option on MT4, but it seems it will only send an alert when a specified bid or ask level is reached. Does the...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Reporting the 9th Week of the Championship (26 November-2 December) has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/314/). 9 weeks have passed since the beginning of the contest. The unconditional leaders seem to have...
In this monthly chart you can see that the GBP reached the all time high a few weeks ago and then regressed back down a little. It looks like it is time for reversal. Notice the Fibonacci retracements. The 38.2 level is at around 1.96 which is also the resistance line at 2004-05. Notice that the RSI...
[Deleted]
  Live trades for NN EA idea  (139   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Hi everyone, Seeing the performance of "better" in the MQ4 trading competition made me think of a new idea, for the moment I will provide a link to the terminal so you can see results and update progress here. Login: 1744654 Password: v4nthrg Broker: IBFX If this system works out I may elaborate...
I have looked and can not find. Is there an indicator that tracks the price rance away from a moving average ? or Is there an indicator that alerts when price gets say 200 pips away from a moving average Example. In a 24 hour period it shows the high and low for the day and its distance from say the
Is there a better way of writing long lines of text besides writing multiple text labels or using photoshop? Also, would tic volume have a good correlation to regular volume in sentiment analysis? Would high tic volume suggest that a bar was " moving fast and alot"
Well, a friend of mine was once asked me but i could not answer her right away though i already have an answer for myself, i just want to ask some of your insights about this.. Is there a so-called "trial and error" thing in Forex Trading or Forex itself consists of trial and error? Your insights
May I ask all traders... What is the most sufficient and almost accurate technique you guys ever use in FOREX... How to prevent and knowing the false trend.. And how to know if the graph going down or up just by manually (do not depends on indicators).. Expert do so you know... But I'm not an expert...