EA Activation - showing as demo in MT4 and as purchased in MQL5

I bought an EA, which shows as a purchase in MQL5, but as a demo only (and asks me to buy again) in MT4.   No activation option appears anywhere.  

This is my first purchase of an EA, so not sure how to proceed.  

Any ideas on how to fix this would be very much appreciated.   

It is necessary for now to fill Community tab of Metatrader with your forum login and forum oasswoird in order to see and use the purchases.

Sergey Golubev #:
It is necessary for now to fill Community tab of Metatrader with your forum login and forum oasswoird in order to see and use the purchases.

Many thanks for the reply.   

Yes, I've done this, and the EA appears in my list, but only as the demo version - it asks me to buy it (again) before I can use it.

In my MQL5 list, it appears as a confirmed purchase.  

In summary, MQL5 = confirmed purchase (showing 5/5 activations available), MT4 = demo version only, requiring purchase to use.  

Mike Williams #:

Many thanks for the reply.   

Yes, I've done this, and the EA appears in my list, but only as the demo version - it asks me to buy it (again) before I can use it.

In my MQL5 list, it appears as a confirmed purchase.  

In summary, MQL5 = confirmed purchase (showing 5/5 activations available), MT4 = demo version only, requiring purchase to use.  

Make sure that you've purchased this EA with the same MQL5 account that you are trying to install it (mikew111).

Also make sure that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community with that login (mikew111).

Mike Williams #:
MQL5 = confirmed purchase (showing 5/5 activations available), MT4 = demo version only, requiring purchase to use. 

You can check your purchases here in your profile: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/mikew111/market

Besides, if you filled Community tab of Metatrader with your forum login and forum password (your forum login is mikew111; do not use email for login) so you will be able to see your purchases in MT4 (in case of this product is for MT4).

There are some exceptions which are related to external VPS, old Windows versions, anti-virus/firewall and some more, and those exceptions are basicly about error 403 (which the users see in Metatrader journal).

But in normal condition: you should see your purchase in Purchased tab of Metatrader.

For example - this procedure helps me a lot (especially when I installed Metatrader on new computer):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The purchased tab is only showing the last two purchases

Alexey Petrov, 2021.01.19 11:17

Even if a Market product is removed from the showcase, those who already purchased it, can install it anytime from their MetaTrader terminal (Market \ Purchased section).

In case you don't see the product on the list of your purchases in the terminal, try the following:

1. Close all your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install product again

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Make sure that you've purchased this EA with the same MQL5 account that you are trying to install it (mikew111).

Also make sure that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Community with that login (mikew111).

Thank you!   This fixed things.  

Many thanks to all for the helpful comments - problem is now fixed!
Reason: