Reverse Copy Trading

What of if i get the worst EAs and reverse them, would they produce me the best result considering commission , spread, swap and speed/frequency

besides this is a question, so i'd like everyone would participate 

This is a nice idea we all had at some point, but I haven't seen it work so far, because all other costs, spread and commissions are eating any potential profits.

It depends .

Usually as this is the first idea someone has when starting to code they are missing some key aspects :

We look at the P+L of a "test" or a "trading period" to determine an "EA" is bad . But what if a war broke out that tanked the market and dragged the ea down ?

What if it was a risk event (GDP / CPI / NFP etc) that lead to it losing .

If this is the case and the ea was decent but then lost we see the negative P+L at the end .

If we reverse that we'll get a below good ea and the risk event would make it barely profitable.

But we are not considering the "black swan" events . (In the beginning we don't even know they exist)

So we then look at the "barely profitable" and we keep twisting and turning the sl + tp to no avail .

Then we release that optimized code in the real market and it fails because it was the "black swan" that made it profitable.

Also if that ea is trading multiple assets , you'd have to be "condition" specific and asset specific.

It's an idea only people new to trading can have.

There was a topic about that years ago. It can't work, the main criteria to explain it is the spread.

I will try to find this old topic...

Here it is, with several links inside the topic to all possible arguments and discussions.

We don't need a new topic about it, all has already been said.

if some EA is loosing money continuously , how to inverse that EA such that the loss convert into profit - I am the richest person in the world if I reverse a losing EA to profitable one
if some EA is loosing money continuously , how to inverse that EA such that the loss convert into profit - I am the richest person in the world if I reverse a losing EA to profitable one
  • www.mql5.com
I have an ea that continuously loose money what should i do to inverse it effect. You can't reverse a losing ea, that doesn't work. If reversing losing ea to profitable one works, this means i must be the richest person in the world

Alain Verleyen #:

It's an idea only people new to trading can have.

There was a topic about that years ago. It can't work, the main criteria to explain it is the spread.

I will try to find this old topic...

Here is is, with several links inside the topic to all possible arguments and discussions.

We don't need a new topic about it, all has already been said.

yah , what if we trade on HFT(Higher time frame) and not really a scalping EA

hebiga6828 #:
yah , what if we trade on HFT(Higher time frame) and not really a scalping EA

Don't use the acronym HFT for higher timeframe trading, because it is mainly used for high frequency trading.

It could work for higher timeframe trading, but again it hasn't been proved by anyone we know.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Don't use the acronym HFT for higher timeframe trading, because it is mainly used for high frequency trading.

It could work for higher timeframe trading, but again it hasn't been proved by anyone we know.

No it could not work. The timeframe doesn't matter. Trading is simply not "symmetrical" if I can say it simply.
Reason: