Request for an admin to delete a thread

Hi, I can't seem to delete or edit this thread I created:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/449680

There is private code here which I decided I don't want to be in public, I would appreciate if I could either edit the posts to remove the pasted code, or if the thread could be removed.

I'm trying to convert a particular QQE indicator written in pine language (TradingView) to MQ5 for MT5 and facing issues - How to convert a QQE indicator into MT5?
I'm trying to convert a particular QQE indicator written in pine language (TradingView) to MQ5 for MT5 and facing issues - How to convert a QQE indicator into MT5?
  • www.mql5.com
Unfortunately i'm facing a lot of trouble in trying to convert the logic from a basic qqe indicator (written in pine) to an mt5 indicator. Here is the pine script with the required logic: here is my effort to convert this to a working mt5 indicator (

phade:

Hi, I can't seem to delete or edit this thread I created:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/449680

There is private code here which I decided I don't want to be in public, I would appreciate if I could either edit the posts to remove the pasted code, or if the thread could be removed.

Why?

Did you wanted to harvest my contribution to your personal benefits? Would you pay me for my contribution of time?

I did this for all visitors of the forum.

Anyways, QQE is a publicly available code, and you got the pine script also from someone who publicly contributed, didn't you?

If the source of the pine script is closed, then you breached their personal rights.

I don't think a moderator will delete it.

Edit:

I don't know how you managed to delete my reply to your post. I just checked and I have it in my history of messages, but it's missing in the thread.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Why?

Did you wanted to harvest my contribution to your personal benefits? Would you pay me for my contribution of time?

I did this for all visitors of the forum.

Anyways, QQE is a publicly available code, and you got the pine script also from someone who publicly contributed, didn't you?

If the source of the pine script is closed, then you breached their personal rights.

I don't think a moderator will delete it.

Edit:

I don't know how you managed to delete my reply to your post. I just checked and I have it in my history of messages, but it's missing in the thread.

Because the pine script isn't anything to do with MQL5, neither is it closed, it is code put for free in the public eye. So what made you assume I breached someone's rights? And my code which was posted (first attempts in MQL5) will only confuse users, it is a mess.

This is the reason. I know the qqe is publicly available (and working), even more reason why the thread is pointless. But it can be left, I don't mind that much.

Also, I didn't delete your post, a moderator might have deleted your post by accident.

Would you pay me for my contribution of time?

I don't understand this comment. Isn't the whole point that we help each other with little suggestions for free?

Your attitude has now told me more about you.

This is not the way of a developer.

Edit:

Hi Dominik,

when a thread or comment is deleted the OP receives a notification. A user (even if they are the thread creator) cannot delete your posts, only a moderator or administrator can.

Could you please send me privately the comment you say has been improperly deleted so I can check what happened?

Thanks!

You can't ask for help, get contribution, then ask to remove the code. A forum is not for your personal interest, it's a share with the community.

It will not be deleted.

Alain Verleyen #:

You can't ask for help, get contribution, then ask to remove the code. A forum is not for your personal interest, it's a share with the community.

It will not be deleted.

Alright.
Just to say something though, I had no idea an algorithm like the one I wanted to make had already been made in MQL5 (I found this after the fact). 
Dominik above seems to question if I should pay for his time (hilarious!), but his suggestions did not address the underlying issue at hand.

I thought my thread was clutter in hindsight. But I respect your decision as admin.

And by private code, I meant MY code ....

phade #:
Alright.
Just to say something though, I had no idea an algorithm like the one I wanted to make had already been made in MQL5 (I found this after the fact). 
Dominik above seems to question if I should pay for his time (hilarious!), but his suggestions did not address the underlying issue at hand.

I thought my thread was clutter in hindsight. But I respect your decision as admin.

And by private code, I meant MY code ....

There is some confusion on this. No, I dont ask for payment the way you layed it out. - The point was as follows:

You ask for help, I contribute to support your endeavor. I do this un der the premise, the efforts on both sides will be shared for someone else to find, so they can learn how to code an Indicator properly. - Thats why there is a learning process, documented in posts on your thread. And I personally think it is a quite well documented process, untill you deleted the end-result, which is a loss to the information value of the thread, but still holds up enough to understand the culprots you had to solve to transition a pine script to mql5.

And, no, I do not try to blame you for breaching someone elses rights o the code, as I presumed you respect the license of that code when you posted it here. - I was questioning what could be the reason for you to want the code being private. - No big deal, but...

If you ask for help, you receive help (for free) and you want the result for yourself, I consider this parasite-behaviour, or harvesting someones resources.

And I do not want to support such behaviour. - THats why I asked, would you pay for my effort, if you want it for yourself? - Got it?

There is some confusion on this. No, I dont ask for payment the way you layed it out. - The point was as follows:

You ask for help, I contribute to support your endeavor. I do this un der the premise, the efforts on both sides will be shared for someone else to find, so they can learn how to code an Indicator properly. - Thats why there is a learning process, documented in posts on your thread. And I personally think it is a quite well documented process, untill you deleted the end-result, which is a loss to the information value of the thread, but still holds up enough to understand the culprots you had to solve to transition a pine script to mql5.

But my point is that there is NO learning process if this indicator simply will never work the way I started programming it. It is not productive viewing material.

The suggestions you made however are productive, yes, but it is not something that other users can't find on many places in the forum.

You were convenient to shine some light on minor things without me having to go look all over the place.

Dominik Christian Egert #:

If you ask for help, you receive help (for free) and you want the result for yourself, I consider this parasite-behaviour, or harvesting someones resources.

And I do not want to support such behaviour. - THats why I asked, would you pay for my effort, if you want it for yourself? - Got it?

Now... WHAT?

Parasite behavior? What do you think a forum is about? I want the result for myself yes. Because I was asking for help...for me. Problem?

Harvesting someone's resources? What do you think all open source programmers have done for years. It's called community based learning.

I've already helped others here in the few days I've been here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/450028

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/450340

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/450342

But of course..somehow I'm a parasite.

It is behavior like this that makes me leave a community post haste and never look back. I will need you to explain your thinking a little more, as it doesn't seem correct.

How can I make this SuperTrend indicator, with this ATR EMA indicator
How can I make this SuperTrend indicator, with this ATR EMA indicator
  • www.mql5.com
Technical Indicators: How can I make this SuperTrend indicator, with this ATR EMA indicator

phade #:

But my point is that there is NO learning process if this indicator simply will never work the way I started programming it. It is not productive viewing material.

The suggestions you made however are productive, yes, but it is not something that other users can't find on many places in the forum.

You were convenient to shine some light on minor things without me having to go look all over the place.

Now... WHAT?

Parasite behavior? What do you think a forum is about? I want the result for myself yes. Because I was asking for help...for me. Problem?

Harvesting someone's resources? What do you think all open source programmers have done for years. It's called community based learning.

Sweety, make up your mind, will ya!

Your first post:

Now your last sentence:

Sit down and think about it, please.

Reason: