Chart templates restore too much settings

I thought chart templates were suppose to be useful in remembering layout, color, indicator, expert settings, etc. for use on any currency. However, when applying a template to another currency, it applies the saved Point and Digits settings too.

So, why are these settings being saved in a template:
symbol=GBPUSD
period=60
digits=4
?

None of these are applicable to a different chart. What is really troublesome is that 'digits' is being restored. This is obvious when using Digits or Point within a script applied to a currency with what is suppose to be different Point size or Digits.

Its easy to reproduce. Open a new chart that does not have JPY. Save a template. Open a JPY pair as a new chart (don't change the last chart pair), apply the saved template to it. Then run the following custom indicator (after compiling it):

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                      Report Point and Digits.mq4 |
//|                                Copyright © 2005, David W. Thomas |
//|                                           mailto:davidwt@usa.net |
#property copyright "Copyright © 2005, David W. Thomas"
#property link      "mailto:davidwt@usa.net"

#property indicator_chart_window

//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int start()
{
   Comment(Symbol()," Point=",Point," Digits=",Digits);

return(0);
}

You'll also notice the O/H/L/C in the upper left of the chart contain two extra decimal places.

The main reason for this topic is to report the restoring of digits from templates as being a bug. Especially, since the built-in variable, Point, is set to the wrong value (ans so is the built-in variable, Digits).

try your test comment program on EURUSD then USDJPY chart and compare

I tried it on my broker's MT4 (build 180) and then I just tried it on MQ MT4 (build 181). My broker's MT4 is showing the issue, MQ's is not. I wonder if its the version difference and fixed or if the brokers are not handling the currency info correctly.

I tried it on my broker's MT4 (build 180) and then I just tried it on MQ MT4 (build 181). My broker's MT4 is showing the issue, MQ's is not. I wonder if its the version difference and fixed or if the brokers are not handling the currency info correctly.

I just restarted my broker's MT4 and it upgraded with this fixed. I consider this issue closed. Thank you. (nothing like rapid fixes :) .)
Reason: