activate/auto comment in trades

Hi guys,
I'm running an expert and found that several trades were opened when they were not supposed to.
Altough it may be a bug in my expert code, what cofuses me is that those trades contains the words "activate/auto" in the "Comment" field...
what does it means, and how those trades appeared there? It is weird, as they are grouped having all the same opening price..
thank you
Pepo.

If this is in back testing, then it is probably a bug in MT4. I have noticed this on occasion when backtesting with buy/sell stops and limits.

It is attenuated / absent in V178... I have not seen it for a few days!

regards,

No, I saw the first such comment in only 1 of 6 demo trades placed by the same expert.
I was wading through code to see where it was when I saw this post.

Now I'm concerned comment fields are being played with without prior knowledge or warning from MQ

Martin

Martin,

Comment fields ARE changed by the servers and different brokers may do different things to the comment field. The result is that I no longer use the comment field.. which is a pity.

Maybe MT team can comment on whether we can use the comment field or if it is better not to use it.

regards,

hugues

I just don't really like new stuff being stuck in without some warning. Happy to see new features but I think COMMUNICATION about changes to a trading platform is really essential.

Martin

I was also using the comments fields for my own purpose,
but I'm actually more worried by the trades being opened when they shouldn't.
Those trades have all that "activate/auto" comment in common, and suggestively they were opened at the very same price. that makes me think that MT4 might have some bug there.
I'm still using build 177, because in 178 the choice for opening new accounts with 200:1 leverage
has been removed. :-(

thanks,
Pepo

so? any words from MT4 support guys?

MetaEditor - Navigator - Trading functions - OrderSend - mouse doubleclick. in the Toolbox read
===
comment - Order comment text. Last part of the comment may be changed by server.
===
what the words do You wait? your pending order was activated by server - is it surprise for You? server leaves its comments

MetaEditor - Navigator - Trading functions - OrderSend - mouse doubleclick. in the Toolbox read
===
comment - Order comment text. Last part of the comment may be changed by server.
===
what the words do You wait? your pending order was activated by server - is it surprise for You? server leaves its comments

I Add comments to all my orders. And I've seen the server adding comments after my own comments many times. That is ok.

The weird thing is that those orders had "activate/auto" comment, but did not have my own comment at all.
So I think the server either erased my comment, or opened that order without my command..

regards,
Pepo.

we'll check it

we'll check it

good. thank you.
Reason: