MT4 176 : Wrong 'Invalid S/L or T/P

Hello,

For some funny reason, I am getting this message for GBP/CHF and GBP/JPY only : the other 10 pairs are working fine with identical parameters.

I am running my gridmaker expert.

2005.07.13 11:17:28 '83602': order buy stop 0.10 GBPJPY opening at 196.7400 sl: 0.0000 tp: 196.8000 failed [Invalid S/L or T/P]

2005.07.13 11:31:04 '83602': order buy stop 0.10 GBPCHF opening at 2.2596 sl: 0.0000 tp: 2.2602 failed [Invalid S/L or T/P]

Currently, GBP/JPY is at 196.45 and GBP/CHF at 2.2565 so this should not be a problem.

please check stop-levels from MarketInfo

Slawa,

this worked yesterday for these pairs and works for all other currencies...if i cannot have a 6 tick TP because of arbitrary rules, then i cannot trade using this system!

i am not trying to put in stop levels, just tp.

this is running from an expert... not manually..

i repeat this because i am not sure it was clear from my post!

well, i dont know what happened but 'suddenly' the thing started working again. As i changed nothing on my side, not even restarting MT4, i can only guess that the server got tweaked!

thanks,

and what? yesterday stop-level value was 5. today stop-level is 8. please check stop-levels with MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL). BTW take profit is stop also, as stop loss and regulated with same stop-level value.

Slawa,

Thanks for info.. I dont know who asks u to play with these 'minimum stop' and tp levels.. and i have no idea why u change them.

Imho this is simply crazy and un-necessary interference with the traders ability to trade. If I want to take 2 pips profit that is my problem!

If the trader can change these levels then that is fine! If it is the broker only who can change them then that is not fine!

best regards,

hugues

ps Slawa, I do appreciate what u guys are doing. I am 'direct' in my statements because I think that is what u prefer...

trader cannot change stop-levels. trader can get stop-level value and use this value for calculation possible stop loss and take profit values to prevent "[Invalid S/L or T/P]".

trader not happy if broker does silly things like put s/l or t/p bigger than 1...

lol
Reason: