MQL4 using MQL5 Standard Library PANEL AND DIALOGS. Showing Object Description in Pop_Up, while Mouse Hover

Hello

I have question, which method from Panel and Classes Library is responsible for displaying Pop_up with item description ?

I can see it is predefinied somewhere, cause after implement CLabel object in my AppDialog I can see this pop-up, but have no idea, how to edit its content.

Of course I have found it here: https://docs.mql4.com/constants/chartconstants/charts_samples#chart_show_object_descr

But I believe there is faster way, and I would like to use way provided by MQL5 Standard Libary

Any idea ?

Examples of Working with the Chart - Chart Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
Examples of Working with the Chart - Chart Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

I mean this window under mouse cursor, on attached file (sorry for the photo quality, it does not work when screen recorder is running at the same time )

Unfortunately I cannot see that in OnChartEvent events :    https://docs.mql4.com/basis/function/events

Which function  is responsible for it ?

I mean enabling/disabling and editing window content ....

Event Handling Functions - Functions - Language Basics - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
Files:

Mistyfikator:I have question, which method from Panel and Classes Library is responsible for displaying Pop_up with item description? I can see it is predefinied somewhere, cause after implement CLabel object in my AppDialog I can see this pop-up, but have no idea, how to edit its content. Of course I have found it here: https://docs.mql4.com/constants/chartconstants/charts_samples#chart_show_object_descr. But I believe there is faster way, and I would like to use way provided by MQL5 Standard Libary. Any idea ?

Do you mean the Tooltip? Please show a screenshot of what you mean by "pop-up".

Mistyfikator #:I mean this window under mouse cursor, on attached file (sorry for the photo quality, it does not work when screen recorder is running at the same time ). Unfortunately I cannot see that in OnChartEvent events. Which function  is responsible for it ? I mean enabling/disabling and editing window content ....

Yes, from the image, that is the Tooltip that graphical objects have. It has nothing to do with chart events.

Your topic title refers to MQL5 Standard Library, but keep referencing to the MQL4 documentation. Which is it — MQL5 or MQL4?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Do you mean the Tooltip? Please show a screenshot of what you mean by "pop-up".

Hi Fernando!

Thanks a lot for Your answer !

Unfortunately I can't do screenshoot, cause this window dissapears when my screenshooter is ON

I have attached the photo above and below 

I mean window below mouse cursor :

Files:

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, from the image, that is the Tooltip that graphical objects have. It has nothing to do with chart events.

Your topic title refers to MQL5 Standard Library, but keep referencing to the MQL4 documentation. Which is it — MQL5 or MQL4?

I am using Panel And Dialogs from MQL5 Standard Library, but it works in MetaTrader4, 

I am developing MQL4

I am sorry for confusion,

Mistyfikator #: I am using Panel And Dialogs from MQL5 Standard Library, but it works in Metatrader4

Then, please correct your topic title to say MQL4 and not MQL5. They are different libraries, even if similar.

The Panel and Dialogs are just classes that use basic Chart Graphical Objects to implement them. The Panel and Dialogs classes themselves don't have methods for directly accessing the Tooltip. So you will have to extend the classes with your own implementations or just access the graphical object themselves directly and set the tooltip with ObjectSetString and OBJPROP_TOOLTIP.

ENUM_OBJECT_PROPERTY_STRING

Identifier

Description

Property Type

OBJPROP_TOOLTIP

The text of a tooltip. If the property is not set, then the tooltip generated automatically by the terminal is shown. A tooltip can be disabled by setting the "\n" (line feed) value to it

string

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then, please correct your topic title to say MQL4 and not MQL5. They are different libraries, even if similar.

The Panel and Dialogs are just classes that use basic Chart Graphical Objects to implement them. The Panel and Dialogs classes themselves don't have methods for directly accessing the Tooltip. So you will have to extend the classes with your own implementations or just access the graphical object themselves directly and set the tooltip with ObjectSetString and OBJPROP_TOOLTIP.

ENUM_OBJECT_PROPERTY_STRING

Identifier

Description

Property Type

OBJPROP_TOOLTIP

The text of a tooltip. If the property is not set, then the tooltip generated automatically by the terminal is shown. A tooltip can be disabled by setting the "\n" (line feed) value to it

string

Okay, topic title has been updated ;)

Thanks a lot!

Thanks to You my work is moving forward, it is really one of last problems with GUI that I couldn't find solution.

Have a great day Fernando 

Mistyfikator #: Okay, topic title has been updated ;). Thanks a lot! Thanks to You my work is moving forward, it is really one of last problems with GUI that I couldn't find solution. Have a great day Fernando 
You are welcome!
Reason: