Apophenia

What can be found on the time-charts of currency pairs? Heads, shoulders, waves, Fibonacci Numbers, Golden Ratios, triangles, flags, breakdowns, rebounds, strong weak levels, trying to imagine a market chart as a soundtrack, expecting to hear ... Trends... And many more...
Few people are familiar with the phenomenon of Apophenia.
The word describes our brain's ability to give meaning to things that initially make no sense,structure or relationships in random or meaningless data.

What do you think about this? Does this phenomenon occur as a factor influencing a trader's trading behaviour?
Isn't it the problem of deposit loss for an absolute majority of traders?

Your posts often sound like apotheosis

Vladimir Baskakov:
Your posts often sound like apotheosis.
Give examples, otherwise we are not talking about anything.

Martin CHEguevara:
There's a lot to be found on the timeline of currency pairs. Heads, shoulders, waves, Fibonacci numbers, golden sections, triangles, flags, breaks, bounces, strong weak levels, they try to imagine a market chart as a soundtrack, expecting to hear ... Trends... And many more...
This word describes our brain's ability to give meaning to things that initially make no sense, structure or relationships in random or meaningless data.

What do you think about this? Does this phenomenon occur as a factor influencing a trader's trading behavior?
Isn't it the problem of deposit loss for absolute majority of traders?

I agree with you. This phenomenon is common. The same phenomenon also exists in religious topics.

Apophenia - does that sound like a disease? Or doesn't it).

Aleksey Mavrin:
Apophenia - does that sound like a disease? Or doesn't it).
It's more of a phenomenon that can drive a person to a painful state. Like in the film 'Number 23' starring Jim Carrey.

and I'm fussy about it.

Martin CHEguevara:
What can be seen on the timeframe of currency pairs? Heads, shoulders, waves, Fibonacci numbers, Golden Ratios, triangles, flags, breakdowns, rebounds, strong weak levels, trying to imagine a market chart as a soundtrack, expecting to hear ... Trends... And a lot more ...
The word describes our brain's ability to give meaning to things that initially make no sense,structure or relationships in random or meaningless data.

What do you think about this? Does this phenomenon occur as a factor influencing a trader's trading behaviour?
Isn't it the problem of deposit loss for the absolute majority of traders?
I was building a chart using the Fibonacci algorithm. And so yes, all the pullbacks and trends on it work according to Fibonacci). But no wonder, because it was based on the Fibonacci algorithm)). But strangely enough any Fibonacci numbers have absolutely nothing to do with the price chart. And also...) there's a clear elliot wave structure, which has nothing to do with the market either. And there were heads and shoulders on that same chart.
But yes, this effect of "patterns" can be observed everywhere. Where did superstitions, omens, religions, astrologers, healers and fortune-tellers come from? From not understanding the nature of things and making connections between events where there are none. And many people's trading systems do indeed look more like superstition and religion than like an elaborate mechanism for making money.
But that's a good thing!

Maxim Romanov:
I was making a chart using Fibonacci algorithm. And so yes, on it all pullbacks and trends by Fibonacci work). But not surprising, because it was based on the Fibonacci algorithm)). But strangely enough any Fibonacci numbers have absolutely nothing to do with the price chart. And also...) there's a clear elliot wave structure, which has nothing to do with the market either. And there were heads and shoulders on that same chart.
But yes, this "pattern effect" can be seen everywhere. Where do superstitions, omens, religions, astrologers, healers and fortune tellers come from? From not understanding the nature of things and making connections between events where there are none. And many people's trading systems really do look more like superstition and religion than an elaborate money-making mechanism.
But that's a good thing!

Brilliant!!! It makes me want to scream when people build models (which they may or may not know) and make predictions on them...

Just look at how this model correlates with price actually or not........ Who cares))))

Evgeniy Kvasov:

Genius!!! It makes me want to scream when people build models (which they may or may not know) and make predictions on them...

Look at how this model correlates with price actually or not........ Who cares))))

You can trade without charts, based on quotes window, the correlation is normal

Vladimir Baskakov:
You can trade without a chart at all, by the window of quotes, the correlation is normal

Skill not mine))

Reason: