Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 5

Well, if it's just a chat... I'll give you my opinion too.

In my opinion, it is better to separate MetaEditor and the tester from the terminal. Why the hell do I need my own unit and tester for every terminal? Who needs it, may install at least one herd of testers on one terminal...

Alexey Viktorov:

Well, if it's just a chat... I'll give you my opinion, too.

In my opinion, it would be better to separate the MetaEditor and the tester from the terminal. Why do I need a separate unit and tester for each terminal? Who needs it, may install at least one herd of testers on one terminal...

Well, they don't take much space.

But it would be desirable to be able to consolidate the quotes history in one general folder (by standard means, without tambourine playing).

And I think it would be easier for servers ))))

And all sorts of paradoxes and collisions arising from this, I think, is also quite solvable.

xxz:

Well, the place they do not take much.

But it would be desirable to be able to consolidate the history of quotes in one common folder (by standard means without tinkering).

And I think it would be easier for the servers))))

All sorts of paradoxes and collisions are also quite solvable.

A good idea. As a developer, there are several МТ5 MQ-Demo terminals. Each of them has several gigs of the same thing in the history folder.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
A common sense thought. As a developer, there are several MT5 MQ-Demo terminals alone. And each one has several gigs of the same thing in the history folder.

Request Subject: Single folder for history bases for all copies of the terminal.
Closed, Started: 2016.07.19 10:15, #1519612

So, as you can see, the proposal is not new, but there is no movement. The problem is not a few gigabytes, the problem is hundreds of gigabytes or even terabytes.

Why can't the developers make a simple function of test opening and transactions in the strategy tester? So, for example, when testing an indicator, we could open trades and see what happens and set take profits.

Andrey Dik:

Request Subject: Single folder for historical databases for all copies of the terminal.

So, as you can see, the proposal is not new, but there is no movement. The problem is not a few gigabytes, the problem is hundreds of gigabytes or even terabytes.

Do they even make any arguments ?

Why isn't it being implemented?

xxz:

The main advantage of their platform is the terminal, the tester,MetaEditor and their language.

If someone else found a similar one + some other goodie, the empire might as well go under.

If they had read carefully what people write, they would have implemented hedging in the terminal 10 years ago!!!

Who needs netting? Two stakes players on the stock market? I think the bulk of them are Forex traders.

You are wrong about 2016 - 2009 = 7, mt5 platform was released in 2009 and hedge was introduced in 2016, I wrote about it in 2009, we probably would remember mt4 in the same way as mt3.

xxz:

Do they have any arguments?

Why aren't they?

They say it is difficult to overcome the problems of accessing data from multiple terminals. Since the application has been closed, it means that they are not going to do anything in this direction.
It is logical to make a local data server as a separate program, which must be accessed by terminals, agents. In any case, the only workable solution now is to create a common folder with the data and refer to it from the terminals. Problems - possible deletion of all data when one of the terminals is deleted, you need to be careful.

For home PCs the problem isn't very relevant due to the huge modern waiting lists, but really relevant for VPS workstation deployments, the link folder is the only thing that saves.

Andrey Dik:

They say it is difficult to overcome problems with access to data from several terminals. Since the application has been closed, it means that they will not do anything in this direction.
It is logical to make the local data server as a separate program, which must be accessed by terminals, agents. In any case, the only workable solution now is to create a common folder with the data and refer to it from the terminals. Problems - possible deletion of all data when one of the terminals is deleted, you need to be careful.

Yes I came across this topic recently with symbolic links to the shared folder.

But this, so to speak, requires a tambourine dance))))

Yes, they should create a local server "Pahan" who would be in charge of history and would distribute terminals on demand)))).

After all, more than confident most have at least one terminal installed

If you have not launched the terminal for a long time then the history is leaky (MT4), MT5 may not be leaky but still why download one and the same thing and then store it in different places?

Andrey Dik:

Request Subject: Single folder for historical databases for all copies of the terminal.

this topic was brought up once before
Reason: