Golden Ratio - page 4

Yuriy Asaulenko:
In the sense of the golden ratio, you can't. The golden ratio is just a cultural tradition (in art) that has nothing to do with the market (or anything else). In Japan, China etc. there is no golden ratio in culture.
I don't care what it's called... It's just a strange combination that does not change in any way and for some reason it is 62 and 38 and not 40 and 45...

Itum:

That's the thing, it's not even close to that ... everything works on a different principle...

Imagine that you trade from the bottom... and if you analyse the N number of your trades it turns out that:

- after opening a trade, the price moved an average of 38 pips (10,55,30,15,70 etc. but an average of 38)

- after the trade is opened TP is always 62 pips.

- Why TP 62 pips? If we analyze movements that took place after the trade was opened... then it turns out that the largest profit can be obtained at TP 62 pts. based on (profit and loss) from those movements.

What do you mean the price moved an average of 38 pips, where did it go? why is the TP always set at 62 pips if you're trading from scratch? We have already established that this is some kind of price movement on average, which can also occur at random, i.e. it is not a pattern for the vast majority of individual cases.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
the question is: what do you mean the price moved on the average 38 pips, where it went? why do you always set TP 62 pips if you trade from scratch? We have already established that this is some kind of price movement on average, which in general can also occur at random, i.e. it is not a pattern for the vast majority of individual cases

Are you trolling me again?

Thesis 1.

Let's take you for example... you open a trade... so after opening the price moved towards profit (based on analysis of the last 100 trades ... an average of 38 pips.

(10, 55,30,15,70 etc... but an average of 38)

Is that clear?

Thesis 2.

Why is the tp always set at 62 points?

- It is formed automatically and why it always leaves 62 points I do not understand it myself. But if you analyze the last 100 trades we see that if we set TP of 62 points we will get the largest profit ... than if we set TP of 40 pips.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

For starters - what parameters are related to the profit and TP in the Expert Advisor?

ss is always floating. There is no one clear definition... Everything depends on the market and the situation.

TP - is formed on the basis of movement in the direction of profit, which took place after the trade was opened.

Itum:

Are you trolling me again?

Thesis 1.

Let's take you for example... you open a trade... so after opening the price moved towards profit (based on analysis of the last 100 trades ... an average of 38 pips.

(10, 55,30,15,70 etc... but an average of 38)

Is that clear?

Thesis 2.

Why is the tp always set at 62 points?

- It is formed automatically and why it always leaves 62 points I do not understand it myself. But if you analyze the last 100 trades we see that if we set TP of 62 points we will get the largest profit ... than if we set a TP of 40 pts.

i can't draw any conclusions from this information, it's not tied to anything, its not clear whats the strategy or whatever

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
I cannot draw any conclusions from this information, it is not linked to anything, it is unclear what strategy and all that.

The strategy does NOT include any proportion etc. Here we would like to understand how this information can be used. 62 и 38

I'm not trying to figure out why such a proportion comes out, but the fact remains. I've discovered it myself purely by accident...

Itum:

ss is always floating. There is no one clear definition... Everything depends on the market and the situation.

TP - is formed on the basis of movements towards profit, which were after the trade was opened.

See the code in the Expert Advisor, how the SL and TP are calculated.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

See code in EA, how sls are calculated etc.
I see that this is my EA... Regarding SL... There is no clear binding to numbers, if there is a signal to close, then we close the deal no matter what the size of the loss is - 40 p. or 100 p. But the sequence of such trades gives this result!

Itum:
I see it's my advisor... Regarding SL... There is no clear relation to the figures, if there is a signal to close, then we close the deal no matter what the size of the loss is 40 p. or 100 p.. But the sequence of such trades gives this result!

So with what window does the sequence give such a result? It cannot always be this result - on every trade...

-Aleks-:

It cannot always be such a result - on every trade...

As practice shows it can ... I don't understand how it can be ....

For example there are cases when a deal is closed when one bar is bigger than another ... But the thing is I don't know when it happens and what size SL will be, it's always floating. But the funny thing is that it does NOT affect the overall picture. It would be understandable if there was a link to a number, but it is not ... it all depends on the situation.

Reason: