About profound advice like "follow the price!" - page 3

Skyriver:
Are you sure he'll jump a third time?

Where will he go with that philosophy?!

All those who tell him not to jump, you'll break his head are gurus, don't listen to them :))

paukas:

A man jumps from the third floor, breaks his arm.

He jumped again and broke his leg.

Now he will jump a third time, you can't predict, the last two times are just history.

That's for sure. Maybe he'll break his neck, maybe he'll break something else! There's no telling what to bet on. :)))

DhP:

fear of loss.

If the fear has been brutally suppressed on the "third floor", one must move on... to the fifth... to the ninth... ... ...

paukas:
Why do we need charts? You can see a good trend without binoculars.

As far as I understand, the only way to make money is to exploit the patterns found. In other words, to extract a non-random component from the quotes history and hope that it will be valid for some time.

All sorts of martins and optimising indicator packs are a path to ruin.

The bad thing is that there is no single general approach. All I've seen is Fourier series decomposition with high harmonics (i.e. noise) cut off. This also includes wizards (exploiting inertia). Various observations of the levels and price behaviour at the session boundaries.

Are there common methods to find patterns?

paukas:

A man jumps from the third floor, breaks his arm.

He jumps again and breaks his leg.

Now will jump a third time, one cannot predict, the past two times are just history.

Using this analogy, are you saying that the law of continuation of a trend that has begun acts as inexorably as the force of gravity (Newton's law)?

I don't think that analogy is very successful, although it's not without humour. You might well replace Zadornov on occasion:)))

khorosh:

Using this analogy, are you saying that the law of continuation of a trend that has begun acts as inexorably as the force of gravity (Newton's law)?

I think this analogy is not very successful, although it is not without humor. You could replace Zadornov on occasion:)))

Well, if it's unfortunate, then jump. Free-will.

All laws operate purely statistically.

Porter:
If fear has been brutally suppressed on the "third floor", one must move on... to the fifth... to the ninth... ... ...

I'm sorry, I don't follow you.

Please explain and I will try to answer.

"Don't try to anticipate the market, follow the price!"

So, my view:

trend building is about trying to predict the market, following the price is about following the trend. so the phrase makes no sense.

DhP:

Sorry, I did not understand your point.

Please explain and I will try to answer.

He says we should average up to the 16th floor. To get some space to fly in.

paukas:

Well, as long as it's unsuccessful, jump. The free will.

All laws are purely statistical.

What is the statistical component of the law of gravitation? Is it that a person who falls from a 10-storey building is sometimes still alive?)
Reason: