Create a trading system in x ticks?

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to create an automated trading system based on x-ticks chart?

and happy new year!

Yodavin:

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to create an automated trading system based on x-ticks chart?

and happy new year!

What is "x" here?

Navdeep Singh #:

What is "x" here?

x is a number. For example a 100-tick chart is composed of bars representing 100 ticks each.

It seems that it is possible to build such a chart, according to some readings I made.
But I don’t know if i can create an automated trading system with it.

Yodavin #:
x is a number. For example a 100-tick chart is composed of bars representing 100 ticks each.

It seems that it is possible to build such a chart, according to some readings I made.

very possible, and there is many tickbased indicators already on codebase.

Yodavin #:

If your goal is to build an expert then just build the expert based on your ticks algorithm. No need to build a ticks chart unless you want to manually/visually test your strategy first.

Navdeep Singh #:
If your goal is to build an expert then just build the expert based on your ticks algorithm. No need to build a ticks chart unless you want to manually/visually test your strategy first.

Thanks a lot for your answers, that conviced me to download metatrader, for now I was using only ProRealTime but it is not possible to trade automatically on ticks.

Reason: