MT5 debugging suddenly does not work anymore, e.g. no breakpoints, pause etc.

Hello together,

I am developing an EA in MT5 and debugging worked all the time. Now suddenly after doing some changes (half a day without debugging) it does not work anymore: I can start (and stop) debugging from within MetaEditor and in the log I see it connects, but breakpoints are not working and pressing pause does not work too. I see the EA is working (it is trading). With other EA's debugging works, it seems to be due to recent code changes. Changing code an recompilation wors (changes are executed by EA, but debugging does not work). I also switched to different trading terminal, restarted Windows etc.  Unfortunately I have not used version management (git, svn etc) so I can not easily switch back. I fear I have to exclude code part by part to figure out what might be the reason, but before of that I want to ask: Has anyone experienced similar behavior or an idea what might be the reason?

Thank you!

ow1977mt5:

Hello together,

I am developing an EA in MT5 and debugging worked all the time. Now suddenly after doing some changes (half a day without debugging) it does not work anymore: I can start (and stop) debugging from within MetaEditor and in the log I see it connects, but breakpoints are not working and pressing pause does not work too. I see the EA is working (it is trading). With other EA's debugging works, it seems to be due to recent code changes. Changing code an recompilation wors (changes are executed by EA, but debugging does not work). I also switched to different trading terminal, restarted Windows etc.  Unfortunately I have not used version management (git, svn etc) so I can not easily switch back. I fear I have to exclude code part by part to figure out what might be the reason, but before of that I want to ask: Has anyone experienced similar behavior or an idea what might be the reason?

Thank you!

previous versions prev. versionsto download, thanks to Andrey Khatimlianskii https://www.mql5.com/de/users/komposter:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YSUVehcElTpLxCLPMsdlDfFu4Y61yrcc

Hello Carl, thank you for your answer and the link. Even though I think it is a bug in MT5 it doesn't appear after upgrading to new version of Metatrader but (maybe) due to code changes in EA ore libraries used by that EA. I do not se any log entry which explains that behaviour. So I think I will setup a new project and add step by step functionality to figure out which code or import leads to this behaviour...

Hello togehter, I figured out the reaon: I have used a inner class inside method. It compiled and worked, but debugging was not possible. Moving that class out of method fixed the problem.

ow1977mt5 #:
Hello togehter, I figured out the reaon: I have used a inner class inside method. It compiled and worked, but debugging was not possible. Moving that class out of method fixed the problem.
Thank you for clarifying!
Reason: