Market Mimicry

I have observed a considerable amount of Market mimicry over the past couple of months, mirroring the market crash of 2017/18.  It is my opinion that we are not over the worst of this crisis yet and are yet to see further downturn over the coming months.  The severity of the current market impact is being downplayed and the rush to kick start the economy is not going to be favorable for its recovery at this time.  What are everybody else's thoughts concerning this at the moment?

Alexander McKay:
  I have observed a considerable amount of Market mimicry over the past couple of months, mirroring the market crash of 2017/18.  It is my opinion that we are not over the worst of this crisis yet and are yet to see further downturn over the coming months.  The severity of the current market impact is being downplayed and the rush to kick start the economy is not going to be favorable for its recovery at this time.  What are everybody else's thoughts concerning this at the moment?

We are definately at the beggining unfortunately . The "powers that be" are trying to maintain "belief" in the monetary system as intact as possible ,and to some extent it makes sense .
(example of a different approach that highlights the previous statement)> If Govs decided to halt all fiscal rules until the "thing" -which is also just starting- is gone then everyone would wake up to the fact money has the value we assign to it ,and is not different than points earned on FarmVille (game) when it comes to value ,distribution ,supply etc.

Its also my opinion - an opinion - that we will see a surge in retail traders like after 2009 , which may lead to 2 things :

• The powers that be realize it could be a viable outlet for those unemployed and stuck at home .
  • The powers that be realize money is sucked into the fx retail broker sector so ,more restrictions on retail trading .

I dont think i have ever seen -me or anyone- such a widespread "spilling of milk" from the "leaders of milk" across the board globally though .

One might say this is unprecedented in the way it started , the way it will end and its aftermath.

Lorentzos Roussos:

We are definately at the beggining unfortunately . The "powers that be" are trying to maintain "belief" in the monetary system as intact as possible ,and to some extent it makes sense .
(example of a different approach that highlights the previous statement)> If Govs decided to halt all fiscal rules until the "thing" -which is also just starting- is gone then everyone would wake up to the fact money has the value we assign to it ,and is not different than points earned on FarmVille (game) when it comes to value ,distribution ,supply etc.

Its also my opinion - an opinion - that we will see a surge in retail traders like after 2009 , which may lead to 2 things :

• The powers that be realize it could be a viable outlet for those unemployed and stuck at home .
  • The powers that be realize money is sucked into the fx retail broker sector so ,more restrictions on retail trading .

I dont think i have ever seen -me or anyone- such a widespread "spilling of milk" from the "leaders of milk" across the board globally though .

One might say this is unprecedented in the way it started , the way it will end and its aftermath.

The powers that be falsify the recovery leading investors into a false sense of security then, the proverbial milk is mopped up leaving those that are already struggling through a global pandemic with further hardships, totally out of pocket and  possibly bankrupt.  I can already see this surge in retail traders happening, many people are currently looking for new sources of income and blindly investing what savings they have regardless of their knowledge and experience.  This is further lining the pockets of the brokerages and govs, the fat cat gets fatter while we mere minions are left to perish!   

As I find myself out of work with no imminent possibility of return, it is an avenue I have been giving a lot of consideration.  I have been running several demo accounts, trading manually as well as robotic trading.  I was having great success for a short while trading manually making over £12,000 in a two week period, then disaster struck, losing over £45,000 due to a few optimistic trades!  Robotic trading and Copy trading hasn't given any significant returns of yet either, results being  similar to my manual trading with the exception of overall profits and losses being smaller. 

Money holds no real value to me personally, i have no desire to be filthy rich, merely to make ends meet in a society that dictates its necessity.  A task which is becoming increasingly more and more difficult for all but the Top Cats that strive to maintain a heavily corrupted system that only benefits them!

Alexander McKay:

The powers that be falsify the recovery leading investors into a false sense of security then, the proverbial milk is mopped up leaving those that are already struggling through a global pandemic with further hardships, totally out of pocket and  possibly bankrupt.  I can already see this surge in retail traders happening, many people are currently looking for new sources of income and blindly investing what savings they have regardless of their knowledge and experience.  This is further lining the pockets of the brokerages and govs, the fat cat gets fatter while we mere minions are left to perish!   

As I find myself out of work with no imminent possibility of return, it is an avenue I have been giving a lot of consideration.  I have been running several demo accounts, trading manually as well as robotic trading.  I was having great success for a short while trading manually making over £12,000 in a two week period, then disaster struck, losing over £45,000 due to a few optimistic trades!  Robotic trading and Copy trading hasn't given any significant returns of yet either, results being  similar to my manual trading with the exception of overall profits and losses being smaller. 

Money holds no real value to me personally, i have no desire to be filthy rich, merely to make ends meet in a society that dictates its necessity.  A task which is becoming increasingly more and more difficult for all but the Top Cats that strive to maintain a heavily corrupted system that only benefits them!

Just like points in a game . A friend told me -when this started- "when we play monopoly and we spill beer on the monopoly notes , we stop the game ,clean up the board dry up the bills and then continue where we left off.There is no case that whomevers monopoly bills get beer are off the game and he loses them.".I found that very simple yet insightful.

There have to be solution suggestions though , just throwing the blame does nothing.I give the milk masters that.Its not easy.If we stop believing in money what are the alternatives.

I mean ,in the end ,its just a system that benefits us all : For instance if i am a graphic designer and i want to eat chicken tonight , i dont need to find a farmer who needs a logo designed in order to exchange that with a chicken.

Here is a documentary i found very interesting 

Start at 21:17 ,before that its kinda advertisy.

Lorentzos Roussos:

Just like points in a game . A friend told me -when this started- "when we play monopoly and we spill beer on the monopoly notes , we stop the game ,clean up the board dry up the bills and then continue where we left off.There is no case that whomevers monopoly bills get beer are off the game and he loses them.".I found that very simple yet insightful.

There have to be solution suggestions though , just throwing the blame does nothing.I give the milk masters that.Its not easy.If we stop believing in money what are the alternatives.

I mean ,in the end ,its just a system that benefits us all : For instance if i am a graphic designer and i want to eat chicken tonight , i dont need to find a farmer who needs a logo designed in order to exchange that with a chicken.

Here is a documentary i found very interesting 

Start at 21:17 ,before that its kinda advertisy.

I believe a single, worldwide monetary system would be far more beneficial for all, taking developing countries out of poverty, putting everybody on a far more level playing field.  If the whole world worked together it would be a far better place and we could achieve a whole lot more. Being divided and segregated into classes of wealth and race, etc. is detrimental to the cause, unity is the way forward but it is the fat cat that prevents this through sheer greed!  The necessity to be bigger and better than everyone else, to have everything only leads to hatred, jealousy, WAR and destruction.  Our current system kicks a man to the ground and leaves him there to struggle back on to his feet, worst still, sits on top of him laughing as he tries to do so.  Consider your game of Monopoly, there is only ever one winner, but there, it is by chance, a roll of the dice dictates your future.  I am not throwing blame or disbelieving in money, alternatives have been suggested since the end of the second world war and the Euro in my opinion is currently proving its strength throughout this pandemic.  It is only the biggest fattest economical countries that will do anything they can to avoid unity, greed is greed - there is no such thing as good greed or bad greed.  A chicken should come at the same price regardless of where or when I want it, my money should be worth the same regardless of where or when I want to spend it.  I value my time but my time is undervalued and taxed by the powers that be purely for their benefit, a corrupt system unwilling to change for the greater good regardless of the alternatives.

I could go on but this thread wasn't intended as a political debate or rant.  Thank you Lorentzos, i appreciate your comments and the documentary was of interest, it highlights my biggest liability which I was aware of and definitely need to sort.

Alexander McKay:

I believe a single, worldwide monetary system would be far more beneficial for all, taking developing countries out of poverty, putting everybody on a far more level playing field.  If the whole world worked together it would be a far better place and we could achieve a whole lot more. Being divided and segregated into classes of wealth and race, etc. is detrimental to the cause, unity is the way forward but it is the fat cat that prevents this through sheer greed!  The necessity to be bigger and better than everyone else, to have everything only leads to hatred, jealousy, WAR and destruction.  Our current system kicks a man to the ground and leaves him there to struggle back on to his feet, worst still, sits on top of him laughing as he tries to do so.  Consider your game of Monopoly, there is only ever one winner, but there, it is by chance, a roll of the dice dictates your future.  I am not throwing blame or disbelieving in money, alternatives have been suggested since the end of the second world war and the Euro in my opinion is currently proving its strength throughout this pandemic.  It is only the biggest fattest economical countries that will do anything they can to avoid unity, greed is greed - there is no such thing as good greed or bad greed.  A chicken should come at the same price regardless of where or when I want it, my money should be worth the same regardless of where or when I want to spend it.  I value my time but my time is undervalued and taxed by the powers that be purely for their benefit, a corrupt system unwilling to change for the greater good regardless of the alternatives.

I could go on but this thread wasn't intended as a political debate or rant.  Thank you Lorentzos, i appreciate your comments and the documentary was of interest, it highlights my biggest liability which I was aware of and definitely need to sort.

You are welcome . 

I think debating is the basis for idea generation.Thats why we are heading down the drain ,we stopped debating.If the moderation and website has an issue with political discussions though we will stop.

Let me throw some very controversial thoughs your way :) 

You and me are not fat cats and have never been.We know what the "bottom" looks-feels like but we dont know what being a fat cat is like.The fat cat probably knows what the bottom looks and feels like expecially if said fat cat is the fat cat that built their wealth from the ground up.

So we cant really "get in his shoes" when extrapolating assumptions ,but ,he/she can "get in our shoes".So ...who is more objective ? :D The fat cat has seen -and operated- more of the "spectrum" 

Have you noticed that "fat kittens" are almost always incompetent ? If thats true,then isn't the ultimate edge to success starting from the bottom ?

Somehow the system balances itself out. Not because it is a viable system , but because of human nature acting in that system.

Even in trading ,ask any trader when were they more prone to make big mistake : when not winning much or after a winning streak ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

You are welcome . 

I think debating is the basis for idea generation.Thats why we are heading down the drain ,we stopped debating.If the moderation and website has an issue with political discussions though we will stop.

Let me throw some very controversial thoughs your way :) 

You and me are not fat cats and have never been.We know what the "bottom" looks-feels like but we dont know what being a fat cat is like.The fat cat probably knows what the bottom looks and feels like expecially if said fat cat is the fat cat that built their wealth from the ground up.

So we cant really "get in his shoes" when extrapolating assumptions ,but ,he/she can "get in our shoes".So ...who is more objective ? :D The fat cat has seen -and operated- more of the "spectrum" 

Have you noticed that "fat kittens" are almost always incompetent ? If thats true,then isn't the ultimate edge to success starting from the bottom ?

Somehow the system balances itself out. Not because it is a viable system , but because of human nature acting in that system.

Even in trading ,ask any trader when were they more prone to make big mistake : when not winning much or after a winning streak ?

I usually avoid political debate myself but I am enjoying our conversation.  I have read through the site rules and we don't appear to be in violation of any terms of use, if any issues should arise this thread can be deleted.

I have an education beyond secondary school, in my younger days I was deemed over qualified for many positions I applied for, positions for which I was suited deemed me inexperienced.  This made it very difficult to get a foot on the ladder, the one chance I did get I blew due to a difficult relationship and one simple little mistake.  I truly hit rock bottom after that, turned to alcohol and drugs, held a deep resentment to society and the system.  I had been falsely accused and falsely imprisoned, a victim of police brutality and  an unfair/unjust judicial system. 

It was a long, arduous journey to get my life back to where it is now.  Every step thwarted with a fresh spanner in the works, even now, I had a fairly decent job and income until the pandemic hit.  Now I am unemployed, can't renew the tickets I require to get back to work, get no help whatsoever from the gov, they open pubs and restaurants but not the testing center that would enable me to get on with things.  This is one messed up system, should we really protect it and justify it?  The balance is biased in my opinion.

To assume is to make an ASS out of U and ME, I draw from life experiences and I have been in more shoes than many care to imagine.  Human nature can be vile and disgusting, each for their own agenda, not caring who gets trampled on as long as you get to the top.  Nothing against Bill Gates but, look at Microsoft, how did his company get to where it is now, by holding a monopoly and forcing out competition. Its not the only company to be prosecuted for such tactics but a prime example.

Alexander McKay:

I usually avoid political debate myself but I am enjoying our conversation.  I have read through the site rules and we don't appear to be in violation of any terms of use, if any issues should arise this thread can be deleted.

I have an education beyond secondary school, in my younger days I was deemed over qualified for many positions I applied for, positions for which I was suited deemed me inexperienced.  This made it very difficult to get a foot on the ladder, the one chance I did get I blew due to a difficult relationship and one simple little mistake.  I truly hit rock bottom after that, turned to alcohol and drugs, held a deep resentment to society and the system.  I had been falsely accused and falsely imprisoned, a victim of police brutality and  an unfair/unjust judicial system. 

It was a long, arduous journey to get my life back to where it is now.  Every step thwarted with a fresh spanner in the works, even now, I had a fairly decent job and income until the pandemic hit.  Now I am unemployed, can't renew the tickets I require to get back to work, get no help whatsoever from the gov, they open pubs and restaurants but not the testing center that would enable me to get on with things.  This is one messed up system, should we really protect it and justify it?  The balance is biased in my opinion.

To assume is to make an ASS out of U and ME, I draw from life experiences and I have been in more shoes than many care to imagine.  Human nature can be vile and disgusting, each for their own agenda, not caring who gets trampled on as long as you get to the top.  Nothing against Bill Gates but, look at Microsoft, how did his company get to where it is now, by holding a monopoly and forcing out competition. Its not the only company to be prosecuted for such tactics but a prime example.

Does this make me a prime candidate for success????

Thanks . Yes if they dont like something they will just erase it we re good :)

Does this make me a prime candidate for success????

To answer in a vague and annoying way -like a millionaire trader who says the trend was his friend ,he bought low and sold high- "This makes you what you are ".

Are you or i going to succeed ? We dont know that now ,but ,do we want to succeed ? 

Lorentzos Roussos:

Thanks . Yes if they dont like something they will just erase it we re good :)

To answer in a vague and annoying way -like a millionaire trader who says the trend was his friend ,he bought low and sold high- "This makes you what you are ".

Are you or i going to succeed ? We dont know that now ,but ,do we want to succeed ? 

It is human nature to object to change through fear of the unknown, preferring to stick to what we know regardless of how messed up or wrong it is, to rationalise it and protect it.  Change should not be feared, it should be embraced, nothing ventured - nothing gained.  A trading strategy needs constant adapting to suit the market conditions, because it worked in the past is no guarantee that it will work in the future.  As individuals we have to grow, learn and adapt but our society, our system does not.  BLM: is a movement for change, but it is just one tiny little piece of the jigsaw, things go way deeper than that and I feel their efforts will be futile unless the world opens its eyes to the bigger picture and tackles all of the issues within our communities, our society and the system.

Everybody wants to succeed, nobody dreams of failure, are we going to?  If we don't try,.... definitely not.  

Alexander McKay:

It is human nature to object to change through fear of the unknown, preferring to stick to what we know regardless of how messed up or wrong it is, to rationalise it and protect it.  Change should not be feared, it should be embraced, nothing ventured - nothing gained.  A trading strategy needs constant adapting to suit the market conditions, because it worked in the past is no guarantee that it will work in the future.  As individuals we have to grow, learn and adapt but our society, our system does not.  BLM: is a movement for change, but it is just one tiny little piece of the jigsaw, things go way deeper than that and I feel their efforts will be futile unless the world opens its eyes to the bigger picture and tackles all of the issues within our communities, our society and the system.

Everybody wants to succeed, nobody dreams of failure, are we going to?  If we don't try,.... definitely not.  

I agree , everybody wants to succeed , all the time ,even after they succeed . :)

Reason: