New Subscriptions tab on trading terminal.

Can somebody please explain to me the functions of the new 'subscriptions' tab on the terminal? 

Every time I open it, a white blank screen pops up on the chart and does nothing. 

Nelson Wanyama:

Can somebody please explain to me the functions of the new 'subscriptions' tab on the terminal? 

Every time I open it, a white blank screen pops up on the chart and does nothing. 

It's a new service to subscribe to paid data feed. It's not yet official.

You should not use a beta version unless you really want to be a beta tester.

Alain Verleyen:

It's a new service to subscribe to paid data feed. It's not yet official.

You should not use a beta version unless you really want to be a beta tester.

I don't know how to select versions. All I know is that my terminal keeps updating every now and then without any sort of warning.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 Latest release version

Alain Verleyen, 2020.01.30 22:18

Official releases always have a public announcement : last one if Build 2280.

I am trying to keep update the old thread which was used by Metaquotes to announce new release (now there is one new thread each time).

It's the broker who decided which release to push to their clients.

The betas are entirely Metaquotes responsibility (brokers can't push them). There are 2 servers one relatively private (it is public but not largely known) for the initial betas after the last release, and one everyone knows which is Metaquotes-Demo. This server is used by Metaquotes when they approach the release dates to conduct larger beta tests, as they know a lot of active developers use it for their tests.

If you don't want to be a beta-tester, never used these 2 servers.

A problem is the last release when published is very rarely bug free, this lack of stability (beyond the betas) is sometimes very annoying. However, I recommend to NOT BLOCK updates, it's against MT5 licence. Not sure it's a big deal per se, but imagine you have a serious issue with your trading and no appeal due to this disrespect of the licence.

Reason: