What are your "must have" libraries for MQL?

What third party libraries do you use the most? 

nicholishen:
kely

8348533:
kely
What is kely? 

nicholishen:

I have procured no 3rd party DLLs. I do use a few calls from Windows native kernel32.dll.

There is a unittest framework I borrowed from https://github.com/micclly/mt4-unittest that I adapted for my own uses on MT5.

I've borrowed some pieces from: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1081

This LRMA indicator contains two robust libraries. At present, I only use them for this indicator.

In general, I use few libraries external to the MQL5 offering.

Anthony Garot:

I have procured no 3rd party DLLs. I do use a few calls from Windows native kernel32.dll.

There is a unittest framework I borrowed from https://github.com/micclly/mt4-unittest that I adapted for my own uses on MT5.

I've borrowed some pieces from: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1081

This LRMA indicator contains two robust libraries. At present, I only use them for this indicator.

In general, I use few libraries external to the MQL5 offering.

Thanks for sharing! You might also like the CDouble lib, and this is from my personal stash, which imports economic events. The main branch is for the forexfactory calendar and the ***** branch is for their secret unpublished api ;) 

If you're scalping like me, a 3rd party data source like 1forge is required because usually a broker's data coming through MT4/MT5 is 1) too slow, and 2) incomplete.  I just wish MQL supported socket connections without a DLL.

codefx:

If you're scalping like me, a 3rd party data source like 1forge is required because usually a broker's data coming through MT4/MT5 is 1) too slow, and 2) incomplete.  I just wish MQL supported socket connections without a DLL.

What's the typical latency between 1forge quotes and a quality ECN-broker's quotes?

nicholishen:

What's the typical latency between 1forge quotes and a quality ECN-broker's quotes?

I think that really depends on the broker, where the broker is located, and where you are located.  From my experience, it's anywhere from 500ms to 2s.  If you aren't scalping then it's nothing to worry about.  You'll also notice that a lot of price changes just don't get to metatrader, which is what really bugs me.  The best solution would be a direct FIX connection to a liquidity provider but that's pricey and hard to implement.

Also, keep in mind that if you outpace the wrong broker they will just not do business with you anymore because they likely aren't backing your trades - their just betting that you'll eventually margin call.

codefx:

I think that really depends on the broker, where the broker is located, and where you are located.  From my experience, it's anywhere from 500ms to 2s.  If you aren't scalping then it's nothing to worry about.  You'll also notice that a lot of price changes just don't get to metatrader, which is what really bugs me.  The best solution would be a direct FIX connection to a liquidity provider but that's pricey and hard to implement.

Also, keep in mind that if you outpace the wrong broker they will just not do business with you anymore because they likely aren't backing your trades - their just betting that you'll eventually margin call.

Regarding the yellow part.

I have noticed this differs from broker to broker. Some have few, some have more ticks within the same time span.

Most likely it has to do with their liquidity providers and number of them. I don't think it is an MT4/5 specific issue.

codefx:

Are you using WebRequest() or something else?

codefx:

I think that really depends on the broker, where the broker is located, and where you are located.  From my experience, it's anywhere from 500ms to 2s.  If you aren't scalping then it's nothing to worry about.  

Did you check that with MT5 or only MT4 ?

There was a lot of discussion about such latency in Russian forum (about MT5 and Open broker). I thought it was solved or at least improved seriously, but never checked by myself.

You'll also notice that a lot of price changes just don't get to metatrader, which is what really bugs me. 

With MT5 you can have all ticks with CopyTicks(). 

The best solution would be a direct FIX connection to a liquidity provider but that's pricey and hard to implement.

For sure, It's possible to get that already. But that's not the same budget. 

Reason: