Custom indicator code protection

Hello, I have created some custom indicators and want to try selling a few. I created them on MT4 version 4.00 build 1065. Is the compiled ex4 code secure enough for my code? I read on most forums that for build 600+ this should be quite secure but wanted to ask fellow developers/ traders directly. If the ex4 file is not fully secure, what other options exist? Thanks!

Sell through market: https://www.mql5.com/en/market

A Market of trading robots, technical indicators, and other trading applications - MetaTrader Market
A Market of trading robots, technical indicators, and other trading applications - MetaTrader Market
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader Market - a Market of trading robots, indicators, trading books and magazines

Marco vd Heijden:

Sell through market: https://www.mql5.com/en/market

Good idea, but the rules say the buyer can install on up to 5 machines.  Are any other options available if I want to do this independently?

Realistically, how secure is ex4 for builds 600+?

kullback:

Good idea, but the rules say the buyer can install on up to 5 machines.  Are any other options available if I want to do this independently?

Selling through Market is the best solution, even .ex4 may be safe now, what about the future? If you sell compiled .ex4 directly, buyer can install it unlimited times on different machines.

kullback:

In the market you can choose how many activations (machines) you allow in each of your products. The usual is 5 activations, but you can choose 10 or 15 or 30 activations when you publish your product. You choose.

The market is the safest place to sell your products because when you publish them there is a special encrypted compilation of greater security.

Regards.

Thanks everyone for your replies! Much appreciated

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

In the market you can choose how many activations (machines) you allow in each of your products. The usual is 5 activations, but you can choose 10 or 15 or 30 activations when you publish your product. You choose.

The market is the safest place to sell your products because when you publish them there is a special encrypted compilation of greater security.

Regards.

Thank you for your reply. As a seller in the market, are you required to submit your MQL4 source code when posting a product?

Only the ex4 file

Mohammad Hossein Sadeghi:

Selling through Market is the best solution, even .ex4 may be safe now, what about the future? If you sell compiled .ex4 directly, buyer can install it unlimited times on different machines.

Yes he can
Reason: