Indicator Usefullness Ranking

prasxz:
I'm prefer SMA and stoch plus zigzag stoch is good indicator for oversold and overbought level

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

ZigZag almost doesn't have prediction value, but it's fine to draw a wave/correction wave/elliot wave using zigzag, filter stoch with impulse system was a good idea

"IT'S NOT THE TOOL, IT'S HOW YOU USE IT!"

The debate over indicators is entertaining.

Traders forget that price is the INPUT to indicators and NOT the output.

Price does not care what the indicators say it should do.

Indicators show what the price did.

That's why I like to use HORIZONTAL LINES and trade when the prices touches/crosses the line.

It really doesn't matter where you place the line because either price penetrates or bounces. Whether it's open price, close price, support/resistance, fibs or Murray Math, it's still a horizontal line that doesn't move. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!

I like to use "gauges" rather than indicators because I want to know what is happening NOW, because one trades in the moment, not the past. My gauges tell me real time statistics so I know if price is pushing the limit. Also, it is quicker to interpret my gauges than it is indicators on charts. One look and I know what price is doing on 8 time frames. Beats looking at 8 charts with all of those SQUIGGLY LINES.

Yes, gauges can be considered indicators - there are similarities. But it is the differences that make all the difference.

The other thing about indicators is how many occupy space on the chart.

Some traders have so many indicators that you can't see the price!

It is better to learn and master how to use ONE INDICATOR. "BEWARE THE MAN WITH ONE GUN... HE PRACTICES WITH IT!"

I know that may sound funny coming from the guy who has coded hundreds of indicators. But just because I code them, it doesn't mean I use them.

My trading screen is simple. It has a few horizontal lines and a couple of my DIGITAL COMPASSES/GAUGES.. That's all I need. But others like different indicators so I code them because I can. It's how I learn new techniques - I can't code what I don't understand.

TheRumpledOne:

"IT'S NOT THE TOOL, IT'S HOW YOU USE IT!"

The debate over indicators is entertaining.

Traders forget that price is the INPUT to indicators and NOT the output.

Price does not care what the indicators say it should do.

Indicators show what the price did.

That's why I like to use HORIZONTAL LINES and trade when the prices touches/crosses the line.

It really doesn't matter where you place the line because either price penetrates or bounces. Whether it's open price, close price, support/resistance, fibs or Murray Math, it's still a horizontal line that doesn't move. IT IS THAT SIMPLE!

I like to use "gauges" rather than indicators because I want to know what is happening NOW, because one trades in the moment, not the past. My gauges tell me real time statistics so I know if price is pushing the limit. Also, it is quicker to interpret my gauges than it is indicators on charts. One look and I know what price is doing on 8 time frames. Beats looking at 8 charts with all of those SQUIGGLY LINES.

Yes, gauges can be considered indicators - there are similarities. But it is the differences that make all the difference.

The other thing about indicators is how many occupy space on the chart.

Some traders have so many indicators that you can't see the price!

It is better to learn and master how to use ONE INDICATOR. "BEWARE THE MAN WITH ONE GUN... HE PRACTICES WITH IT!"

I know that may sound funny coming from the guy who has coded hundreds of indicators. But just because I code them, it doesn't mean I use them.

My trading screen is simple. It has a few horizontal lines and a couple of my DIGITAL COMPASSES/GAUGES.. That's all I need. But others like different indicators so I code them because I can. It's how I learn new techniques - I can't code what I don't understand.

I just don't think you can say it much better than that!

ellict:
ZigZag almost doesn't have prediction

almost?

Brunite:
I just don't think you can say it much better than that!

Thanks, Brunite. Compliments are hard to come by on this forum.

I appreciate you taking the time to post. Thanks again.

how many people, schools and methods - so many approaches and opinions

whatever works 4 whom - indicatorless trading, 4expl - also proven method

that's the beauty of the forums (good forums) - to have diversity (variety)and see subject from different points of view

Where is the original list?

I would like to read that list in its original form, exactly as written by the author. If I knew what the author's publishing site was, I also might be able to find other interesting stuff there.

Reason: