Why people selling PROFITABLE backtest EA?

Today, I have had a chance to sit down properly and browse around TSD after changing my daughter's nappies, having some interest in the commercial section. I almost browse every single thread on it, read a lot and downloaded a lot of demo EA available here.

After a few hours, I've successfully decompiled a few of the EA. Some with very simple method, that modified the MACD_Sample.mq4 by changing the indicator to parabolic sar, some directly rename the 10point3, and I actually see Phoenix as well with different TP/SL and different TF trading.

Dont you guys feels weird when somebody cant provide you a login to their live account to see how their system performing? I have no doubt about looking for fast money by selling their EA, in the meantime they're trading their live account. People tend to have some business mind will know how great the power of leverage, by selling the EA can actually boost up their account equity in very short time, after that you'll have enough capital to trade with lower risk.

I've been developing EA for few months, they're basically doing not bad. I'm slowly collecting my profits and also getting more confidence on fully automated. Although I'm talking about fully automated, but I'm still querious sometimes, is my EA doing fine with this position? Last week few of my EA took GBPUSD long, another few took EURUSD long. I was sooooo doubted since EURUSD and GBPUSD is heading the bottle neck of 2.000 and 1.3500, I'm very scared it will hit big loss. Basically besides taking care of family, I'm starring into my pocket PC and monitoring my trades.

Dont you guys just feel weird when somebody selling EA based on backtest? Even when somebody is showing you forward testing result on demo, does that mean it can also perform well on live trading? If I made tremendous result on backtest, does it mean it worth 99bucks?

Regards

David

That's why I hate EA sellers.

As I always say 99% of EA sellers are scam and I still have to find the other 1%

I don't run any EA in my live main accounts because I was unable of program or find any EA reliable enough to be used in live big accounts.

Profitable ? yes they are a lot but I still didn't find any who don't give the profit back in short time.

Of course you can run some martingale or grid on a mini account but it is gambling, if something goes wrong you will loss your account in short time, I had to refund one of my test mini accounts 3 times in one year.

I only do manual trades on my main accounts and I doubt that any EA will outperform a trained brain

Anyway I don't give up and I am still programing and testing. but I fully agree about the sellers.

Hey David

The worst of an EA seller is when they send to you an ex4 demo version with this code

if (IsTesting()) {return;}

And when you complain about not backtesting results they say that his EA use special functions who don't work in the backtester.

project1972:
Hey David

The worst of an EA seller is when they send to you an ex4 demo version with this code

if (IsTesting()) {return;}
And when you complain about not backtesting results they say that his EA use special functions who don't work in the backtester.

I belive this code is needed. But not covering the entire EA start() function. I use it to cover the Comment() section and to avoid unwanted latency during backtesting.

Regards

David

Dont't trust EA. You will not make good profit by using it. Selling system make more money than make pips. He..he...he...Don't give your money to machine. Trade manually .

Nic

Reason: