Adding moving average lines to chart

I am new with drawing objects. I have an EA that uses three moving averages for trades...

I have some issues with the strategy tester always drawing two moving average lines on the charts when I open them after a test...they are not the right ma lines...

so...

I want to add the code to my EA to make it draw the MA lines I'm using as well as place the trades...

I don't really know what I'm doing with this, when I put this code in the EA it stops placing trades in the tester....

int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

string ShortemaS;

string ShortemaL;

string Ctrendema;

//---- check for possible errors

if (counted_bars<0) return(-1);

//---- last counted bar will be recounted

if (counted_bars>0) counted_bars--;

int pos=Bars-counted_bars;

while(pos>=0)

{

ExtMapBuffer1[pos]= iMA(NULL, 0, ShortemaS, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

ExtMapBuffer2[pos]= iMA(NULL, 0, ShortemaL, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

ExtMapBuffer3[pos]= iMA(NULL, 0, Ctrendema, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

pos--;

}

//---- indicator line

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 2, Green);

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer1);

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 2, Yellow);

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer2);

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 2, Red);

SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer3);

return(0);

It doesn't draw the lines either so I know I've not got it hooked up right.

please advise.

I haven't tried it but in my mind EAs are not designed to draw stuff on the chart, indicators are. So I draw non built-in MAs with an indicator.

You have declared but not initialized your string variables: they're empty strings (""). So the iCustom() won't know which .ex4 file to open.

I see no reason why the "indicator line" section sould be in start{} rather than in init{}.

Reason: