Account History and Open orders - page 2

hanania:
no sir... i buy alot of 1....... with a price low........ and after the price getting higher i sell the same lot ...and it means for me... this trade is finished ..i bought..and i sold..... you buy thinges and you sold it,,,the trade is finished and complete...many of the same sell and buy are still named: open trades.... these are of the same paars ...that is what i mean with complete trade...sell and then buy..... or buy first and then sell the same amount of lot....... what is the problem then...is it normal???
You are ripe for MT5.

WHRoeder:
What is means to you is irrelevant. That is NOT what it means to MT. It means you are hedging and have 2 open orders. Close the trade, don't open a new opposite one. ubzen said it once, twice, GumRai said it and I've said it.

thankes... i am new and i thought ; to finish a trade ..it means to open anew one with the oposite operation..... i mean i buy usd with a cheap price and when i want to sell it with a heigher price...i open sell order to sell it.... that is what the logic says,but i think i have to do somthing else...sorry :)

angevoyageur:
You are ripe for MT5.

:) i am just new ....

Jimdandy:

1. In MetaTrader you OPEN a buy position and you CLOSE a buy Position.
2. You OPEN a sell position and you CLOSE a sell Position.
3. You DO NOT OPEN a Sell to CLOSE a buy.
4. You CLOSE a buy to CLOSE a buy.
5. In MetaTrader you can be in BOTH directions at the same time on a broker's
server that allows hedging.

if you have OPENED 5 BUYS and OPENED 5 SELLS you are fully hedged (if they are of equal lot size).
You may or may not have margin in use it depends on the ..

value you get returned from your broker's server. However, you are still paying
swap each day to your broker. You need to CLOSE those orders by selecting them
and hitting this close button that I am subtly directing your attention to below.

If you are unfamiliar with how to close out your positions in metatrader I suggest that you stop trading immediately if real money
is involved. Perhaps you are just demo trading and trying to learn the way the platform works. If that is the case, then make all the trades
you want and learn your way around. The platform has a lot of features to offer. PipPip....Jimdandy

thank you that is the point..... it was my mistake...i thought.. i buy .. then i sell .... waw big mistake..to enter the market when i think so...thankes for yor explaination ..

angevoyageur:
You are ripe for MT5.

it is a matter of being used to .... i thinl like a merchant i buy things... and later i sell the same thing but meta 4 understand that as 2 different and seperate operations... i think it may be better if any opration counted the whole what you have and sell peace of it or when you sell and want to buy apiece of it..... sorry cause i am new...didnt understand the way it works....i think mt5 will do the same :)

hanania:

it is a matter of being used to .... i thinl like a merchant i buy things... and later i sell the same thing but meta 4 understand that as 2 different and seperate operations... i think it may be better if any opration counted the whole what you have and sell peace of it or when you sell and want to buy apiece of it..... sorry cause i am new...didnt understand the way it works....i think mt5 will do the same :)
MT5 works as you, like a merchant. Buy then sell and the trade is closed. This is way I said you are ready for MT5.

angevoyageur:
MT5 works as you, like a merchant. Buy then sell and the trade is closed. This is way I said you are ready for MT5.

that's cool...thankes i will try it

Reason: