New to MT4 need help with simple stuff

HI,

I am new to MT4. Today is my first day on this platform. I have found indicators i want to use but so far have not been able to get them on the platform. I have downloaded them into the correct folder. I have opened them and compiled them to make sure there are no errors. I get a note that says no errors so I restart the program and so far they dont show up anywhere in the platform. I have tried this with multiple indicators to see if one had a problem but so far its every one I try.

by the way, my editor seems to get stuck on compiling. it never says done

Thank you in advance.

Copy the indicators into experts/indicators and restart MT4

wfws:
they open up in MetaEditor (detrended price oscillatorfor example) Then i dont know what to do next.
Compile them, then they will show in the navigator window (no restart required) and you can drag them on to charts.

Hi, Yes Ive downloaded them. Made sure they are in the right file. I can see them and see that they are in the right format. I then restart and can not find them in the platform. I have tried directly downloading to the indicators file as well as compiling them through metaeditor.

thanks for the answers so far though, I have been able to find enough videos and tutorials to find out what you guys suggested. For some reason they just dont end up in the platform

wfws:

HI,

I am new to MT4. Today is my first day on this platform. I have found indicators i want to use but so far have not been able to get them on the platform. I have downloaded them into the correct folder. I have opened them and compiled them to make sure there are no errors. I get a note that says no errors so I restart the program and so far they dont show up anywhere in the platform. I have tried this with multiple indicators to see if one had a problem but so far its every one I try.

Thank you in advance.

Hi wfws,

if your OS Vista/7 don't install MT on C:\Program Files ...

:D

onewithzachy:

Hi wfws,

if your OS Vista/7 don't install MT on C:\Program Files ...

:D

Hello

My OS is windows 7. Would you please tell me the correct way to do it then?

Thanks

Install in C:\MT4Installs\

RaptorUK:
Install in C:\MT4Installs\

What happened when you tried this ?

RaptorUK:

What happened when you tried this ?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/140606

The OP didn't actually say they had tried it an what the outcome was . . . nor have they actually described what the symptoms of the problem are, on one hand . .

" I have opened them and compiled them to make sure there are no errors. I get a note that says no errors " and yet . . .

" by the way, my editor seems to get stuck on compiling. it never says done " these 2 statements seem to contradict each other.

Reason: