EA won't trade backtest?

I came across this interesting EA in the archives but cannot get it to trade on backtest.

Any assistance? Or is it not able to be traded on backtest?

I didn't bother posting in the original thread since it is too old.

Thanks

Files:

peepingtom:

I came across this interesting EA in the archives but cannot get it to trade on backtest.

Any assistance? Or is it not able to be traded on backtest?

I didn't bother posting in the original thread since it is too old.

Thanks

I suspect that you are having problems with the Load and Save of the NN, as it does not tell you if the file operation was succesfull. Check to see if the files are present in the Tester file folder, or display e message if the file operation was not successfull.

KomodoDragon

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

peepingtom:
  1. total = OrdersTotal();
    if(total!=0)return(0);

This makes the EA incompatible with any other including itself on other charts
    int count=0;
        for(pos = OrdersTotal()-1; pos >= 0 ; pos--) if (
            OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS)                 // Only my orders w/
        &&  OrderMagicNumber()  == magic.number             // my magic number
        &&  OrderSymbol()       == Symbol() ){              // and my pair.
            count++;
        }
    if (count=0) return(0);

2. OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, 3, Ask - STOP_LOSS * Point, Ask + LIMIT * Point, NULL, 16384, 0, Green);
    if(iHigh(NULL, 0, begin)>=Price+SL*Point)

EA must adjust for 5 digit brokers, TP, SL, AND slippage. On ECN brokers you must orderSend and THEN set stops.
    //++++ These are adjusted for 5 digit brokers.
    int     pips2points;    // slippage  3 pips    3=points    30=points
    double  pips2dbl;       // Stoploss 15 pips    0.0015      0.00150
    int     Digits.pips;    // DoubleToStr(dbl/pips2dbl, Digits.pips)
    int     init(){
        if (Digits == 5 || Digits == 3){    // Adjust for five (5) digit brokers.
                    pips2dbl    = Point*10; pips2points = 10;   Digits.pips = 1;
        } else {    pips2dbl    = Point;    pips2points =  1;   Digits.pips = 0; }
        // OrderSend(... Slippage.Pips * pips2points, Bid - StopLossPips * pips2dbl

Always check return codes so you know WHY it doesn't work
    if (OrderSend(...) < 0) Alert("OrderSend failed: ",GetLastError());

@gjrexach: When I run a backtest the graph and order history is blank but I don't get any error messages.

@WGRoeder: That may be the problem-- I have a 5-digit ECN broker

peepingtom:

@gjrexach: When I run a backtest the graph and order history is blank but I don't get any error messages.

@WGRoeder: That may be the problem-- I have a 5-digit ECN broker

Did you make the changes that i recommended? You dont know whether you have an OrderSend problem until you execute OrderSend, and if you did execute an OrderSend that was rejected, (yours & WH/WGRoeders assumption), you would know by looking at the Log file, even without ..Roeders code changes. Start debugging at the beginning and not in the middle of the code.

The reason your EA is not trading is exactly what I suspected.

PNN1 ClassifyVector returns -1 if some error exists with the NN.

ERGO, No trade will be sent because you are testing for 0 and 1.

int class1 = PNN1ClassifyVector(dataR);

if (class1 == 0)

{

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, 3, Ask - STOP_LOSS * Point, Ask + LIMIT * Point, NULL, 16384, 0, Green);

}

if (class1 == 1)

{

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lots, Bid, 3, Bid + STOP_LOSS * Point, Bid - LIMIT * Point, NULL, 16384, 0, Red);

}

Hello all, I tried to backtest an ea in FBS MT4 it works. But not in XM MT4. Anyone can help me please?
Reason: