To reboot or not to reboot - that is the question.

Do you, and if so how often do you reboot your production-level systems?

So far, I've rebooted my systems every night. However I reduced this to a weekly reboot 2 weeks ago and had no problems so far. I'd be interested in your experiences - thank you.

Whenever the system starts to get slow or I hear a lot of disk activity.

my macbook reboots when new updates get's installed and a reboot is forced.

My new PC is currently up for two weeks. On a clean windows i don't see a point for reboots.

If it cannot run a week without rebooting then you have a problem.

My VM will be shut down on Friday (sometimes I even only suspend and resume on Monday), simply because I don't need it to waste CPU and RAM during the weekend. There is no other reason for me to reboot the VM (XP professional on VMWare, rock solid). The host system where this VM is running on is rebooted only once or twice a year, usually because of a concrete reason, the last time I rebooted it was a month ago because of hardware problems with the network adapter.

Weekly, to update operating system.

7bit:

(...) There is no other reason for me to reboot(...)

Well, a few years back there was this meme circulating, that MT needs a nightly reboot because of memory issues. I guess this goes back to this really popular "VPS Setup Guide" by this korean guy. I've absorbed it without ever questioning it, until a few weeks ago. Then I found out that I don't really need the nightly reboot. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Reason: