MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 865

time of event  (3)
hello, I would like to find out the time of the execution of an event i.e if it is an arrow drawn by the indicator or the time an order executed. how can this be done? thank you in advance
hey guys I'm looking for an EA or someone that can program me an EA I have something very simple in mind and would have programmed it myself but just can't wrap my head around the language. please assist with this I might be willing to pay for this: Email me on jitzu1@live.com if anyone might be...
From searching the forum, it seems that: a) the start() function of an EA runs in a new thread created by an incoming tick. If its still running when a new tick arrives, the new tick gets 'missed' by the EA b) custom indicators run in the main GUI/interface thread, unless called from an EA....
I am trying to delete several buylimits orders when the Stochastics are in the overbought area but the code seems not to work. Where is the problem?//------------------------------------------------------------------+void CheckForDeleteBL()  {   double DValue;   int Total,cmd;   bool result;...
[Deleted]
Starting to get a bit more in depth with MQL4 and need some help. Lets say (for example) the price hits 1.5000 3 times in one day. I would like to buy it on the third time. Is there any way MT4 can record how many times an event has happened? I guess my problem is that i want to open an order after
  Why is so much code like this?  (32   1 2 3 4)
I see this a lot when people post their code. if (a==b){ Dothis; Dothis; etc; } Now, this is not a problem when reading short pieces of other people's code. But when their is a lot of code, it can make it almost impossible to follow. I would think that many would have difficulties finding errors in
Hi I've recently opted for a rebate in my trading. I get a rebate of $0.90 per lot traded for my ECN account. I want to incorporate the rebate in my code for back testing purposes. The rebate is deposited in my Trading account on the 10th of each month so when I do my back testing I'm going to add...
Hi, I need to know the price of the penultimate order active. The code below is the code to know the price or the last order active, but I need to know the price of the previous order. How can I know it? double retorno_precio_apertura_ult(int NMagb,int NMags){int num3=0;int ot3=0;double...
  1-Click Trading  (6)
Is it possible to set up the platform to automatically add a 10 pip stop and a 10 pip limit order when you enter the market with the 1-click option? Shawn
I have written a small EA that must close some manual transactions when the NLMA indicator changes. But it does not want to close the transactions when it should and I cannot find out why! Is it perhaps my empty deinit? Can you possibly help me solve what is wrong that I am totally blind for? I...
Is there someway to try force broker feed to refresh. What actions can be taken? Delete data restart and run a script? ########################################## Wondering what best action to take is. 1 min data stopped charting for one pair, but ticks are current. 5 min and 15 min still charting
Hello all, I am considering linking a trading system currently written in C# to trade an account from the MT4 platform. The system is essentially finished as a standalone executable file set. In order to accomplish this quickly and with a minimum amount of redesign, I am considering writing a DLL...
[Deleted]
Hi, i want to use iCustom() for an offline symbol. Is there a way to use iCustom(), without opening the offline chart?
Hi I have 2 question: 1-how can I write code in order to go shift bar(like iBarShift) to for example 100 working day ago(count 100 market is on day)?? 2-I want to design a EA rely on my strategy,Can I insert a code that tell to mt4 if that day was Bank Holiday Not Open any order???(this link maybe...
[Deleted]
I’ve been testing for my EA & custom Indicator tocommunicate, below is my latest “Tester EA” interfacing with my Indicator: int start() { double Timer, Resist_Pr; Timer = 60*Period() - TimeSeconds(Time[0]); //---GeneralTimer depending on period selected from the "chart timeframe"... Print("Timer...
[Deleted]
Fellow developers, Can one of you help me, my problem is: Using MQL4---After compiling my indicator, the mq4 fileor the ex4 file is not in the “Indicators”folder. But I can still access my Indicator when I use “MetaEditor” <i.e.when I try to access its source code>, the icon beside the mq4 file...
[Deleted]
Hello. I have are two programs which work on real. On the average on real 200% - 300% profits in a month. But completions for more profitable works are necessary. Your ideas for full stabilization of work are necessary. Profit in 27 times for a floor of year in alpari. On work and access to real...
Hi I have downloaded tick data using Birt's EAreview php scripts and converted the csv to fxt and hst files. I have checked the csv and know i have data for 1/5/13 - 1/8/13. So i plug these dates into my test in Use date fields. Sometimes the tester will run the backtest, but other times it won't...
Hi Can anybody please tell me how to solve tis problem : I want to draw a line (Buffer[]) on a chart and then switch the drawing off and resume the drawing of the line at a later candle. Can this be done ?
  Help with logic in my code?  (17   1 2)
I have nearly finished my EA (with a huge thanks to some really helpful people on here!). None the less, I am sure there will be plenty of more stuff along the way - just evolution, which is expected. Anyway, this is my hurdle: I use this code:   ... Similar "if" statements above, relative to iMA's...
Hi, I trade with the strategy "10 points on eurusd" and yesterday (28.08.13) I have set two pending orders for stop buy and stop sell on High/Low prices +/- 2 points of the day before, like usual. And I was very angry about an opened buy order on 1.3402 (High was 1.3400 on 27th) in the teeth of the...
Hi, I´m newbie at MQL4 and I am trying to detect an new bar open event, using daily timeframe, and I have tried my code and other several snipets that I have found on the forum like: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10370 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/134278 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/114228 https...
[Deleted]
Hello, I read the manual and found the rules regarding the variables getting deleted unless they are not used for long or does not change value. I got a little confused regarding the variables declared outside of the start() function. I take one of the lowest price point for some period...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a disconnected MetaTrader 4 to backtest. I want to backtest with microlots, 0.01 lot. I get an error 131 when I try to open a 0.01 lot order : ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME 131 Invalid trade volume. How to allow microlot 0.01 in my Strategy Tester ? Thank you.
[Deleted]
Hi! I was just wondering if there is a way to assign a button to the buy market order and another to the sell market order? I just think that it may help me spare an additional 0.5 second in comparison with the One Click Trading solution, which is superb but can it be any faster? The problem happens...
So I put a lot of charts with an indicator that takes a while to compute everything (2~3 minutes for all charts). Since I closed MetaTrader that time, when I open it the program's window doesn't show up, even though terminal.exe is running. I even changed lastprofile.ini to other standard profiles...
Hi. I created programm that analyze multiple currency pairs and store results in Excel file. The output format is like this: GBP;CHF;USD;EUR;JPY and from left to right strongest to weakest Symbol. Now I want to somehow analyze that data and get information how often that one combination have been(...
Hi, I have done quite a bit of searching for information about this, have found lots about init() and when it is and isn't called etc. but not specifically relating to the strategy tester. I have an EA that works fine on live account and demo but will not work in the tester. All I got was a "zero...
hello, im new to mql language and also almost new to programming. i was found some source of line cross alert. and i was add keyboard event to source to close my order. so it should have to working when current candle crossed(Close[0]),it should have to be close order but this time it just closed...