MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 721

Hi, I am new to using MQL4 and wondered if anyone can help me with a function that I may have missed. I need to store a string of data with a integer (counter) and thus call this in the future. eg: I need to store the string "1234" in a existing data set , and if 1234 already exists then the...
i have created a multiple time frame indicator for the MACD Indicator , but i have a problem i can not seem to work through. first let me say i have done all the searching and reading necessary to figure this out, for me this is my last resort. i have been self learning MQL for years and some of the
I've recently been backtesting a system on the downloaded data from Metaquotes and a question arose that has been troubling me. Since the inception of the EURO was roughly speaking around 1995 and the subsequent pairing of EUR/USD in the early 2000's (please excuse any slight inaccuracies here),...
I was trying to post the report up but it said my text was too long so I posted the pic instead. I've been waiting for the moderators to approve my expert but I'm still waiting
  EA inputs limit  (4)
Hi.  Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of inputs a Metatrader 4 EA can have?   thanks,   Milford T 
Hi everyone, I'm not a coder but I've tried a few free online EA builder to get my strategy tested. I'm getting a few warning such as the topic subject "Return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked". I have no idea what this is but I would be great if you genius coder here could help me out....
[Deleted]
  Code to FIX  (13   1 2)
Hi there folks. This indicator does NOT repaint the past, and besides the false signals, it gives excelent signals to enter and exit trades. The big problem is that sometimes the arrows stop to appear, and the indicator needs reset . When the indicator is reset manually changing chart timeframe...
[Deleted]
Hi.. I have download one indicator and attached to the main window. Could some body help me how could i get the values from the indicator using iCustom ?. The indicator as below: Thank you
Hi error 130 invalid stops The order goes through. Is that normal or should the order just fail ? I have trades showing in account history that still seem to be running as indicated on the chart However, the trades tab shows no trades so I can't close them manually either Please advise Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello,  not sure if I'm posting on right place...  I have a problem with one of my favorite custom indicators.   This multiple MA indicator is drawing a vertical line at the current bar!  All this started to happen after the infamous ver 600 MT4 update that messed up a lot of thing for many people...
Hi coders, I saw this part of an ASCII-Code-Table and I wanted to use the arrows in a Comment(). But the compiling doesn't work. I know that the codes are no strings but I have no idea how to use them in Comment(). If this doesn't work, is there any other possibility to use simple arrows in...
Hi I think I've misunderstood how partial closing works. I was hoping to use it to reduce losses on losing positions. Say I have a buy position open with a TP and SL set, I've bought 100 lots. The position starts to go bad and approaches my stop loss. Before it hits the stop loss, my EA uses the...
Hi, what can you do against repainting of indicators? When you do a visual mode backtest of an empty EA and you drop the indicator on the chart, you really see how it performs (repainting or not),  opposed to simply putting it on a live chart (too slow to evaluate repainting). So if you have seen...
Hello Group, I am looking for some assistance with the following two indicators: Fisher Yur4ick and Fisher Yur4ick corrected. I was going to use the Fisher Yur4ick in an EA, but found a posting on another forum that the indicator repaints. I don't doubt that the indicator repaints; many do, and they
  Platform Error  (2)
Hello   since totay i get 2 Errors on my platform   2014.08.25 16:55:22.441 Memory handler: cannot allocate 333485580 bytes of memory 2014.08.25 16:59:04.774 HistoryBase: not enough memory 'EURUSD1' [5557841 bars]     System Intel i5 Quad Core, Win 8.1 x64 Memory DDR3 16GB HD Solid State 256MB - 50%...
Hi , guys , I am new for this ,and i want to write a script about how to set a var price and wait for it fitness carry out instant-buy or instant-sell and it does not work totoally ! help me !
when i change code outside of metaeditor, while it is still open in metaeditor, in MT4 metaeditor that window is marked with an asterisk, while in MT5 metaeditor i get a alert that code is changed outside, and i can choose to keep the version in editor or to revert to version saved on disk....
[Deleted]
Greetings, my first post.. I seek the answer to a question, and I am struggling to find it..  an indicator is giving different signals between the Live and Investor terminals, but it was perfectly matched for months before. A strange occurrence, but I wonder if anyone has experienced similar ??...
[Deleted]
  Chart properties  (2)
Good Afternoon, I don't like the default metaquotes properties on charts, especially the colours. I change this by using F8 on my keyboard to a scheme of my choice. It appears there isn't any way of saving my settings. Am I missing or not seeing another dialogue box that allows the settings to be...
[Deleted]
  Script example  (17   1 2)
Hi I know that a script is different from an EA or an indicator, etc. But couldsomeone please post an example of a script? Thanks Steve
[Deleted]
Is it possible to reference a panel window by short name? Normally for a custom indicator window I would use the following: #property copyright "none"#property link "none"#property version "1.00"#property strict#property indicator_separate_windowint OnInit(){IndicatorShortName("Indicator...
[Deleted]
Dear all,   I need a simple program,   1. Sell/buy at time, (need to set the lot size and SL). 2. Close the order at other time.   Please help on this, just a very simple one.   Thank you. 
How can I draw price channels in mt4? I want to use price channels. Is there any indicator there? I couldn't find. Can someone help me?
Hi! I want to backtest some Binary Option strategies (60s and 120s) and perhaps develop my own. The idea is to create an EA containing the strategy (exit after 1 or 2 bars) and then look out for the percentage of winning trades (I'm looking for 80%+). I'm not worried about lack of MT4 support for...
Hi, I have muliples weird things while I try to create 2 simples Rectangles object: Both are created fine when I attach EA to the chart but: 1 ) When EA tries to create again and again the first one rectangle (Support) so I got error 4200 (Object already exist): with the print function. 2 ) CTRL+B I...
I want to get the result of the iBands() indicator function on the bar which I like, for example the third bar from the recent bars on the chart that my EA is attached. How can I get that? How can I accomplish that? the following: just returns the latest number of the iBands for the latest price on...
Hi! I got a problem and i don't know how to resolve it. When i click on the ComboBox, opens the list, but shows another element too (another combobox), what is below it. If anyone else got same please tell me
hi all I run MT4 with some custom indicators in my PC. And now, I want my friends can monitor this live chart from their PC (without using my custom indicator) . Is there anyway to do that ? Help me, please ? thanks a lot .
void init(){.....  IndicatorShortName("AH5");.....} if(OrdersTotal()>0) { OrderSelect(0,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); ObjectCreate( ChartWindowFind(0,"AH5"),"LINE1",OBJ_HLINE,0,Time[0],OrderOpenPrice());ObjectSet   ("LINE1", OBJPROP_PRICE1,OrderOpenPrice() );ObjectSet   ("LINE1",OBJPROP_COLOR...
I have a problem: my broker has more than one server and therefore in the lower right corner of metatrader4 where you can click and choose a server from available servers I have more than one option to choose, and because my vps is in UK I need to select a server which has the lowest latency to my...