MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 495

when I see the backtest results, there is a Result panel (see, e.g., https://quivofx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/result.png) that listed all transactions for the backtest. Is there a way to quickly scroll to the relevant portion of the graph? For example, say buy on 2017.05.03 10.30 EURUSD 5 Min,...
Hi, I have a small problem with the correct placement of a text object. I would like to assign a number above the High of Green Heiken but the result is not optimal. In some assets it's okay and in others no but I do not understand where I'm wrong. ObjectCreate     ("N",OBJ_TEXT,0,Time[8],iCustom(0...
(Just started learning couple days ago,apologies for the sloppy coding) Just wrote an EA which long when  (FastMA2<=SlowMA2&&FastMA1>SlowMA1) and short when (FastMA2>=SlowMA2&&FastMA1<SlowMA1). Only one position at a time. I tried using OrderModify to close the trade just to get used to the...
Hi, I'm stuck with a problem for days and i have no clue what i made wrong. Please help me if you can. so under the start() I have the following code: void CalculateCurrencySlopeStrengthMA( int tf, int shift) { int i; // Get Slope for all symbols and totalize for all currencies for ( i = 0 ;
  Plot Histogram  (3)
Dear Coders, I am trying to create a new indicator which plots a histogram based on the following calculation w.r.t the Pivot points, both current and past.     Pivot = ((PreviousHigh + PreviousLow + PreviousClose)/3);    BC = (PreviousHigh + PreviousLow ) / 2;    TC = (Pivot - BC) + Pivot;     if...
Well this is my situation: I speak about two include files: Errors.mqh and CmyClass.mqh both in ..\MQL4\Include\ which I want to compile individually to detect 'grammatical' errors! I created a class CmyClass.mqh which contains the class method: bool CmyClass::sndOrd(..) the mt4 call OrderSend(..) -...
When I load my FXCM- BT platform none of the toolbars or status bar are displayed. I've tried saving new profile and Templates as well. No cigar. My other platforms all work fine and display everything as set. Ideas? Suggestions? Brilliant solutions? TIA Keith
Hi all! I'm using Tickstory data for back-testing and for some reason I get COMPLETELY different results on build 950 vs newer other versions (build 970 or build 1045) Any idea why? TX
I output the value, Spread should be = ASK - BID MT4 Build 1065
Hello, First of all, i apologize my English skills. anyway, my question is same with title "how to restrict trading times in a day?" i used things such like 'TimeDay(TIme[0]) != TimeDay(Time[1]' and 'OrdersHistoryTotal'. BUT those aren't work very well. if any ideas about restrict trading times,...
  Array and indicators  (11   1 2)
Hi guys, I have an indicator, which works with an array (not candle's data, but on-the-fly generated). This array is empty at the first starting. When the indicator runs, this array gets new values. My problem: when I change an input parameter and refresh the indicator on the chart, my array will be
Hi, I'm trying to figure out if what I've written is correct or not, could I have some help? The variable int O has [13] Array, so is it correct to skip it in the Y loop? Is it correct to insert Array O [Y] into Array Time []? Is also correct to assign to K = O [Y] ;? I apologize for these trivial...
Hi all I am trying to write a script that will give me the OHLC valuesfor the last 3 bars at a certain time  ofthe  day that runs all the time How would write the if condition for the time to trigger in the day  and only when the market it open and print it to the screen. I have seen this and at a...
tonight my windows 10 has been updated: when I reopened it this morning, I noticed that my expert advisor had gone from the tables. when I tried to reattach it, it does... nothing! no error, simply it doesn't attach. I tried all the test experts, dragging them or left-click then selecting "attach to...
I am trying to use a boolean statement within my signal paramenters -  in global variables I have 'USE MA' = True, I need to insert nested if statement, but it keeps running with errors..  In other words I want to add another condition if (and only if) boolean statement on global level is true,...
Hello Ea request Simple Based Expert There are no additional features. I do not want the mix. I want a robot with a strategy in the picture. Thank you. Strategy Picture :
[Deleted]
Hello guys i am trying to make a trade bot both with auto and manual trading but for some reason every time i use OOP or even with the new controls i seem to fail so i am asking any body who can help me please for the love of god lol... I want to place 25 buttons on a panel that when clicked change
Hi i'm trying to create an EA from Sakura Trading indicator. https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/13455 i "call" the indi using iCustom but the arrows of the indi are shown only when i stop the BT. As soon as i stop it, all the past icons appear. i need to access the icon data during the BT. is...
Hello. I use script to force the EA to run once on every bar start. ..... if( Now == Time[0]) { return;  } .... However, in my EA, let's say, Trade happens if CLOSE>OPEN of the bar (i dont matter ticks)... however, the EA is executed only on OPENs of bars... what is the solution? how can i get the...
[Deleted]
Hello. Is there any way to move default indent location either by code or change setting? (I am aware there is button to shift chart to right) I use shift chart to right leave some space but current space is too much even I drag triangle to most right side. I have searched reference but could not
Hi, i'm having a problem, and i cant get this indicator value, on journal, the value isn't compatible with  buffer 0, could anyone help me, i don't have any idea why the value is different, thanks. int alert;void OnTick()  {double fxfish= iCustom (NULL,0,"FX Fish",10,0,false,false,0,0);if...
Hi guys and gals ;) I'm having big trouble with MT4 connection issues. I run multiple MT4's on a dedicated server with low latency to my brokers 1-2 milliseconds. However, quite often (1-2 times a day) MT4 keeps dropping the connection. Now, most of the time it will reconnect back within a second...
Is it possible to group setions pf code together and minimise as a heading for easier reading..?
Hi everyone, With my EA I have a strange problem with iTime. I have to check the last bar with iTime using this code: iTime ( "SYMBOL" , Period (), 1 ); I'm trying to get the information from multiple crosses, but I get weird data. If you try to run this debug code you can check out what is wrong
  Login Problem  (3)
For some reason MT4 will not accept my login details which I used successfully right up until Friday? It keeps saying "invalid account". Can someone please help??!!
hi. with FileWrite, it only writes into application storage direcory (in  C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\tester\files\ ) However, when doing  int file_handle=FileOpen("C:/file.txt",FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE); it doesnt create a file there. why ?...
I frequently meet such situation. On chart, there is available 24 hours datafully, but from EA (i inserted "Print"), it seems it is only executed only on specific times, and WHY? what happens?
Hellow I'm trying to limit the number of times per day. For example, once or twice a day, three times. So I wrote the code below. Every candle goes into it. What's wrong with it? if you know how to limit the number of entries per day, let me know please.   (using OrdersTotal() function)...
How to retrieve the price of a horizontal line named according to the schema: prefix + number + "SL". But the number and price will change and I do not know what values. Example: The first line is called "#3 SL", the next "#9 SL", the third is "# 15 SL". How to take the price of each of these lines?...
[Deleted]
Can some one tell me how to make a button change the symbols on a chart please using OPP or the new mt4 controls i beg of you