MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1516

[Deleted]
  automatic stop placement  (15   1 2)
I would like to have a fixed stop order opened whenever I take a position. For example, if I buy at "x", a stop order would automatically be generated at "x-y". "x" is the entry price. "y" is the number of pips I am prepared to risk on each trade. If I sell at "x", a stop order would automatically...
[Deleted]
I am writing a script that creates an object on a chart window.  I would like the object to be "selected" when it's created so that it can easily be moved and changed as needed.  I have set the options on the program so that all created objects are "selected"; nonetheless, all the created objects...
Hello All, Does anybody know if we are allowed to include PayPal buttons in our profile? I'm offering freelance services and I'd like to facilitate payments to anybody interested. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
[Deleted]
Dear Sirs, I want ask how I can make my EA with mql4 format to exe file? Thanks. Reza
[Deleted]
Can anyone provide some feedback on a good U.S. based broker for trading forex? I do employ an EA so I will need the broker to offer automation. Please let me know if you are trading real money when making a recommendation. Thank you all very much for your help.......... Dan
//------------ colortest --------------------int colortest()   {   string res="any string";//   return(res);   }//------------------------------------------- The code above gives compile error: '(' - incompatible types Now whats wrong with this puppy ??
[Deleted]
Figure: I have the time to quantify the price formula and the yen needed MT4 programming. I have to stay in phase with the manual measurement is cumbersome stage of the calculation. If you can achieve this complex calculation, I will contribute my capacity Of formula together with you to make MT4...
I need a little code to run not on every Tick but each time the chart is updated, e.g every 1M. Ideas?
[Deleted]
  error 4063  (1)
Hi there, I am having a problem with my EA, everything works fine but when it tries to close an order I get an error 4063, with a message saying " ticket for OrderClose function must be an integer" can any one point me in the right direction of some documentation on this problem please.....
i write an nn ea. when retrain the neural network , i need the tester pause waiting for the trainning of neural network, do we have an api to pause the tester ? thank you
[Deleted]
I wish to have someone turn the el-kanah strategy to EA. also some one to creat an EA for the midnight Straddling System. If this can be achieved it would be a good system to use during the night hours. I can be contacted on emial: akinmoraks@ymail.com for detailed information on this trading system...
Hi, writing to files has definitely some room for improvement :( very unconvenient that the Array() only writes bin-files not to csv. So to do further research in excel I have to glue everything to one string to write this liine at once to the csv. But now I would like to exchange all (us-)...
Trying out some stuff, but due to weekend close I'm running it in the tester. In the start function: hl=iLow(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,0); ObjectCreate("trl", OBJ_HLINE, 0, 0, hl, 0, 0); It draws one (the first) hline, but no more. Have checked the price (hl) and it follows the price. It should work but it...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to send an http request to a server in an EA? For example to take care of finance news...
please enlighten me. This failes with: "wrong file name"? if ( result <= 0 ) handle=FileOpen("C:\Users\cas\Documents\Trading\eigEntw\forex\neg.csv",FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE,';');      else               handle=FileOpen("C:\Users\cas\Documents\Trading\eigEntw\forex\pos.csv",FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE,';');...
Can someone direct me on how to import the indicator heiken_ashi_ma_20 into my expert? Help me point out which condition qualifies for long and short in the code???? { maOpen=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_OPEN,pos); maClose=iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaMetod,MODE_CLOSE,pos); maLow=iMA(NULL,0...
[Deleted]
Does anyone here know and can help me how should i write the correctDDE syntax if I would like to have 1 hour and 4 hours Open, High andLow? I tried modified the standard syntax used for Daily High low i.e.=DDE("MT4";"LOW";"EURUSD") to =DDE("MT4";"LOW";"H4";"EURUSD") but notworking. Appreciate...
I have develop a platform which makes you can sell your ea without give your ex4 file to the customer. if you have a good ea, or your are the best dealer .please don't west this chance. visit here also i have developed a nn ea. which use severial bars to forecast the next bar. the day before...
[Deleted]
I have code an indicator that works properly. However, when I place part of the calculation into an EA I get different values. I have isolated the problem to my SignalBuffer variable. I get different values in the EA than in the indicator. The indicator value is the correct value. The relevant code...
Hi, Just started with MQL4, and I want to change some of the properties of the chart window. At this stage I want to change the price graph linestyle to line, and its color from the default Lime to something of my choise. These changes should (or must) change the entire line, not just from the...
We're currently looking to expand our business and searching for experienced programmers to help us with the workload. The tasks will mostly involve MetaTrader programming, however, programming skills in C or VB for Dll's is appreciated. It's necessary that you can understand english well, but it...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I'm writing .csv's to .hst's and attempting to open them as offline charts. The script works fine and I'm seeing the files in the "Open Offline Chart" dialog displayed with the correct number of records and the correct start and end dates formatted as yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm. It's daily data. The...
[Deleted]
I am new to using this system. Are there any suggestions about the error code 130 when calling the OrderSend function? Thanks Jim
[Deleted]
I have an EA that I own that I had programmed so I can easily test numerous parameters by selecting from a menu. This allows me to do extensive backtesting with thousands of combinations to find the best overall setup for my EA. But, recently the strategy tester will do a number of tests then stop...
[Deleted]
PHY, on the MACD sample, i done a test and it showed 400 trades. I modified the sample and found that after a test there was around 90 trades, however, after returning the mac sample back to its origonal state, (undoing all that was done) i found it only produced around 100 trades after a test, the
[Deleted]
  only places buy trades  (11   1 2)
Can anyone please help me, My ea will only take buy trades and I am not sure why. I will attach my ea, please can anyone have a look at the code and let me know what I have done wrong. thanx in advance
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Leonid Velichkovski (LeoV) has been published. Leonid Velichkovski (LeoV) is a non-ordinary person. Before starting to trade Leonid was closely connected with music. He participated in popular projects like groups Tehnologia...
[Deleted]
sI have been experimenting with various self-constructed EAs, but I cannot seem to get them to open at the beginning of a new bar (whatever time frame I use), after a trade has closed. Could someone point me in the right direction to where I could obtain the necessary code, so that a new trade opens...
[Deleted]
  Help Coding  (5)
Hi forum! I started learning MQL4 now but it's not easy at the beginning. I am not a programmer, the syntax seems to be pretty complex for me. Therefore I want to know if somebody could give me a very short code just for my orientation. The indicator should only place horizantelly in a window and...
[Deleted]
Hello My question seems very simple, but I'm in doubt about the answer. If we have number of pips of profit or loss at the end of trade and also we have open and closing prices and also we have volume of trade in base currency using OrderLots()*MarketInfo(OrderSymbol()...