MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1379

Anyone know if it is possible to assign "fixed minimum and fixed maximum" in the EA for indicators that use those? ex: iMACD... The reason, is I would like to compare certain indicators and there scale is of different values. Or is there any other way of doing this? ex: if (rsi>macd) buy; (cant do...
I have a buy stop. It is not the current price, but a future price. The lotsize is good. The stop loss is good. And the takeprofit is good. I know the order is good because there is no error 130 or anything. It just gives me invalid parameter. What is the invalid parameter???? Can the dealer just...
Hi, I've made a custom indicator similar to bolinger bands. My EA is supposed to open and close orders when the price crosses the bands, but for about the first 200 bars, it opens and closes orders about 50 pips above the bands. I believe the problem is because the custom indicator needs to read...
[Deleted]
Hi there, So I made a custom indicator, and the proper value of this custom indicator is contingent upon its value in previous bars... So for example let's say this custom indicator's algorithm is as followed, 1st day of calculation: Value = The Closing price of security = 2 2nd day: 1st day's Value...
[Deleted]
I'm using MT4 with ODLSecurites. Once I open a position it appears in my trade tab. However the options to "Modify Order" or even "Close Position"! are grayed out from the right click menu. This is kind of insane, I wan't to close a bad position, and I'm just stuck here. Please help. Thanks. I'm...
Hi, I want to write my own EA. First I send a SellLimit and a BuyLimit. Then I want to see, which Orders of them are reached. How can I see which order is still open?? When I look at OrdersTotal() is get my OPEN and PENDING Orders. Lot's of thanks, sunshineh
when i test an ea it is very slow,even if move the speed button to 32,especiely there is a dll. how to accelerate it ?
New article Working with doubles in MQL4 is published: In this note we will consider a typical programming errors, that occurs while working with double numbers in MQL4 programs. Author: MetaQuotes
[Deleted]
So sorry to bother you. I have never used an EA before. I am trying to run a stop loss EA that I found on forex-tsd after being directed there from one of the posts on this site. I "compiled" the program successfully and there appear to be no errors. I dragged it onto my chart and the EA name and...
Dear colleagues, If you want to be well informed about the new events and get an easy access to the recent codebase and articles about MQL, you can browse the Russian version using the Google Translate. English translation of Russian MQL4 site Engish translation of Russian MQL4 Articles English...
  alert only once  (6)
I have this alert set to tell me about other timeframes. However, because of the Time[0] setting, when I am on a 5min chart, it is alerting me about the Daily chart every 5mins instead of just once. How can I add a period time to the setting so it alerts me only once for daily, only once every 4hrs
So, the conditions of the problem: Курс инструмента задается следующим образом. В начальный момент цена равна 1.0000 В каждый новый тик кидается монетка, если орел p = p*1.0001, если решка p = p/1.0001 Спред равен 2 пипсам. Трейдер обладает суммой в 100000 долларов. Максимальное плечо 1:100
New article Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5 is published: In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure,drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners andexperienced developers, maybe some...
[Deleted]
if(order2 == true || order3 == true) { if(AccountProfit() >= 0) { for(i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS); int type = OrderType(); bool result = false; switch(type) {...
[Deleted]
Curious to see if anyone lives in the New York City area / Hudson Valley. Looking to start a small group of MQL traders who would like to meet about once a month for group discussions and to share what we've learned. Reply to this post with your general location. Thanks!
WHERE CAN I FIND A LESSON RELATED DLL COMPILING ?
Hello, sorry to bother you again. I want to calculate a MA of RSI in my Expert Advisor, I try to make an array and then calculate it using iMAonArray, but it's not working. Please look at my code double rsi[]; for(int i=0 ; i<=60 ; i++) { rsi[i]=iRSI(Symbol(),0,13,PRICE_CLOSE,i);...
Hi, i wanted to make EA for the following. if the RSI value equals to 52 then i wanted open the buy order. please send some one the code. RAJ
  GlobalVariables  (3)
Are GlobalVariables shared between ALL MT4's running on the same computer??? Will a GlobalVariable set by an MT4 from IBFX be available to an MT4 from FxPro??
Hi guys, Was wondering as I have a Multi Time Frame indicator checking for a certain bar pattern (mainly inside bar) on the H1, H4, D1, W1 It works on the basis of if Previous bar high < Previous bar high + 2 && Previous Bar low > Previous bar low + 2 So it is using previous bar to prevent it from
Hi, Does MT4 work with a satellite internet connection? Any feed backs would be appreciated. Tx.
[Deleted]
  MQL4 is so ugly  (8)
and MQL5 doesn't look much better. sorry to say that - i'm usually not a complainer. it's probably never gonna happen but i'll make a proposal anyways: just embed python / make a python API / bindings instead of continuing this MQL crap. python's license allows it. continuing MQL is just a waste of...
[Deleted]
i have mess up.. im a newbie.. if you all have a idea or opinion plz help me.. can you help me settel this.. plssssss......
[Deleted]
  Always price error  (10)
Hello, I send an order and I have always the error 129 or 4107 (error price) then my price is 30 pips under the close...?? thanks for your comments Chris
[Deleted]
I have the FXT file but I need to convert it to an M1 HST file...I understand the HST will not retain the underlying tick-by-tick sequence contain in the FXT file, this is not a concern for me at the moment, but how do I "import" the FXT file into MT4 and have it convert to an M1 HST file? A google...
good night Help me please to finish an indicator code, because after all programmed, when the information appears in the graphic appears the values thus 0.12345678, and I want it to be 0.1234 or 0.12, what encoding should I put? and where you want? It would be possible to prepare the encoding for...
My EA has many such entries which enable very tight stoploss, You are welcome to try my EA for free at www.4xGoEasy.com nice entry35
[Deleted]
Hopefully I can get someone's input on what I'm doing wrong here. I've created a very simple indicator that looks at the number of inflections of a Moving Average (ie 200bar MA) over a certain period of time (ie. 1000 bars). So every time the 200MA changes direction, the indicator adds 1. And...
The balance is not correct. It should be positive with zero trades open. What is the problem? MT5 balance error
How to repair this function in order to save report into the HTML file after the back testing?