MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1257

USDCAD, AUDUSD - this way  (74   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
The Canadian, unlike "super-majors" like Eurobucks or Cable, is not in a clear correction. If you look at the H4, it looks like a diagonal 3-3-3-3-3 up, in which the Canadian is close to (or has already started) the fifth wave. Here's the drawing: The horizontal lines are my sells. They are not to
[Deleted]
  To write to file  (4)
I need help to write second etc. lines of values. Just what to be added to the code? Thanks a lot.   int TotalBars;    int Handle;    string Val;    if(TotalBars<Bars)      Handle= FileOpen("E.txt",FILE_READ | FILE_WRITE,';');      if(Handle>0)      {        FileWrite(Handle,"  High","   Low"...
[Deleted]
Thank you to all who can offer advice. I am considering buying an HP Tablet which operates the Microsoft XP Tablet version of Windows. Note - TABLET ver., NOT pc. Does anyone know if MT4 Mobile will run on this Operating System? Thank you again.
When you set TP and SL, say for a buy order, should it be Bid +/- TP/SL, Ask +/-, or Bid-SL Ask+TP? I know this seems very basic and to some of you it may seem obvious, but i'm not really a trader.
Ok, so after developing what i think might be a somewhat useful EA and getting acceptable backtest results, I'm ready for forward testing with a demo account. There is only one problem, the EA is not trading at all, even when conditions are met where it should trade. I'm using vista home premium x64...
Hello! This code works ok. Order has no TP and no SL it closes when adxplus and adxminus cross. extern bool Close_at_ADX_change=true;if(adx>ADX_more_than && adxplus<adxminus && Close_at_ADX_change ){                    ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,0,0, "EA",MagicNumber,0,Red);} But...
[Deleted]
Hi, logging output to a file using simple FileWrite. I works well in real mode. However it does not work in backtesting mode :-( Has anyone any idea. Any help would be appreciated. My code: fh = FileOpen("mydata.csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE); if (fh<0) { Alert("File opening failed:...
Please give me code for how to calculate total open orders
[Deleted]
please can some one help me put an alert on this indicator.it helps place stop loss and it has performed with my strategy.
[Deleted]
Hi guys, Before saying everything, please note that I'm not an experienced EA program designer however I've got some other experiences. I've written an EA recently which does not seem to work properly. The problem is that it does not change variables however I wrote the change statements in the code...
[Deleted]
From what I gathered so far, most of you are expert advisor designers seeking to build the most efficient EA so that you can sell the EA to the general public. In reality, however, that does not make much sense because, if your EA were to work so well, you would not care about trying to make a
[Deleted]
Let's take an exemple. I want to buy 1 lot of EURUSD. I have a balance of 5000 EUR on my account. I need 300 EUR of Margin to open the lot. The spread is 5 pips (50 EUR). I open the position and I check my equity and my balance just after. How many EUR will be in my Equity account? 5000? or 4950
[Deleted]
hi i wrote this code but it return -1 ... please help me ... fran=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLLIMIT,LOTSIZE,Bid-10*Point,Slippage,Bid+20*Point,Bid-20*Point,"My Sell Position",60*60*24*2,0,Red);          Comment("Position AT : ",fran);
  Slipage Indicator  (10)
Hello, I'm looking for slipage indicator. Thanks. FXmann77
[Deleted]
I just had a quick question: when running multiple instances of MetaTrader, will the functions within an EA only work on that instance? For example, if I have two positions open (with two different pairs) and I have an EA that will close them when the Accountprofit() reaches "x", will that only...
I am willing to trade a really good EA (under construction) has in past tests shown as much as 98% winning trades, in exchange for some help in optimizing indicators. I have a large collection of indicators that I have created to serve this EA, but I fear that my skills in indicators is weak. The...
[Deleted]
I am trying to color fully the area between two lines in a similar fashion as the Ichimoku cloud,for example, and to do this without hiding the candles. The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator, found in the "non-programed" Indicators folder, does this if one select the largest width but I have not found...
Hello MQL4 scene, i would like to ask someone who has some freetime to create my idea in EA. Well, its really simple. Martiangle system, which means as you know double the position size if the trader is loser. Starting lotsize: 0,01 TP: 10pip without spread \ SL: 10pip without spread If the trade...
[Deleted]
Driving me crazy. I can't remove objects from chart. When on the Menu Tab across the top, I click on Charts, Objects, Object List. When I click on Objects List, the Menu Bar across the top grays out like it recogonizes the command, but it will not give me the pop up box with the objects listed. Not...
Some brokers don't like that you send a buy or sell order with SL and TP in the same line of code. It has to be done in two steps. How can i do that?
Hi, i have an ea that closes 50% of the trade at a certain tp level and lets the remaining 50% run until it hits the stop or hits the second tp level and closes the trade. The problem is i have added code to the ea so it now opens trades at a % of account balance. So for example, the ea may open a...
[Deleted]
hi is some one familiar with scalp strategy based on grid coordinate ?with 5 pips tp and 30pips sl ? i saw it on the championship 2008 by prizmal . prizmal improve the automate from other system wich won the year before . i dont think that anybody will sell the algoritm. i just want to...
[Deleted]
  Cube Root.  (6)
Hi. The issue is as much simple as interesting. How to calculate the cube root of an inputed number. We have MathPow(..., ...) only, and we can choose to get into the second parameter field a double value such as: double ATHIRD = 1 / THREE. Where THREE is a double value too (= 3.0). Any evidences...
Could anyone please assist or knows whether there is a way to extract the value of of an indicator (doesn't matter which indicator), for each hour candle? Example: Hour candle - 2010/09/06 High: 1.2918 Low: 1.2789 Close: 1.2798 EMA (3): 1.2833 - THESE ARE THE VALUES I WANT TO EXTRACT ROC (10): 0...
[Deleted]
hello Somebody can help me for codes StartTime and CloseTime? Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am coding an EA (MQL4) and with my strategy I want to use the tightest SL that the broker allows. For a BUY order : double stopLevel = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;double sl = Bid - stopLevel; For a SELL order : double sl = Ask + stopLevel; I have tested the EA on my live...
Hi there, I am new to Forex & paper trading since 6 days using Demo accnt. I guess i can ask some MT4 related Qs here. So my problem is like this. Normally i never book profits once. i always book some % of it at each predifined level. This is my habit of trading in stocks. So i was thinking same...
[Deleted]
Hi all,attached is an EA that will open X trades immediately when switch on, and after it TP or SL, it will keep on open new trades Can anyone add some code for me, that i need "High price and Low Price", which if price above "High Price" or below "Low Price", it wont open trades. In other words,...
How hard is it to code so the EA on buy and sell draws a line like this. if(trendB<trendA && trendB.old>=trendA.old){      if(sellFilter1==true){            signal=-1; if(trendB>trendA && trendB.old<=trendA.old){      if(buyFilter1==true){        signal=1;
Hi all.I think i am writing this in wright section.After some time i find this fractal indicator that gives sound alerts.I am tring to make indi that will send email but cant make it work.Can someone help? First one is with sound alert second one is what i made so far for emails.When i add sendmail