Discussing the article: "Master MQL5 from beginner to pro (Part I): Getting started with programming"

Check out the new article: Master MQL5 from beginner to pro (Part I): Getting started with programming.

This article is an introduction to a series of articles about programming. It is assumed here that the reader has never dealt with programming before. So, this series starts from the very basics. Programming knowledge level: Absolute Beginner.

Finally, we got to practice! For now, we will do all the work in MetaEditor. It can be launched either using a shortcut (from the desktop or the Start menu), or directly from the MetaTrader terminal using one of the methods shown in the figure below (Figure 1).

Three ways to open MetaEditor.

Figure 1. Three ways to open MetaEditor: 1 - toolbar button, 2 - menu, 3 - hotkey (F4)

Author: Oleh Fedorov

Frankly speaking, there is nothing to discuss yet, let's see what will happen in other parts of the series. If the author suddenly "goes straight to OOP", then that's it - you can stop reading further. For those who start from scratch, you should first understand simple procedural programming. This is my wish to the author as a beginner who has learnt only the basics of MQL5 programming language.

Regards, Vladimir.

I could only read the introduction... I can't read any more of this drabble... Sorry.

Alexey Viktorov #:
I could only read the introduction... I can't read this drabble any further... Sorry.

I agree, of course everything written is important, but from the point of view of a trader who does not know how to program - nothing. Maybe the next publications will be more cheerful and substantive....

MrBrooklin #:

... If the author suddenly "goes straight to OOP", then that's it - you can safely finish further reading.

I don't agree with you, you should apply OOP right away.

Sergey Pavlov #:

But I disagree with you, you should apply OOP right away.

Let's start teaching a beginner the basics of radio electronics right from the microprocessor? Is that okay? ))

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin #:

Let's start teaching a beginner the basics of radio electronics with a microprocessor, shall we?

That's exactly where you should start with microprocessors, everything you need is already there: the arduino does exactly that))))

Sergey Pavlov #:

That's exactly where you should start with microprocessors, they already have everything you need: arduino does just that)))

So a beginner in radio electronics doesn't need element base anymore? Then I have no more questions! Damn, and I also think - why our young minds in Skoltech are still fiddling with 5G and do not get to grips with it, when the whole world is already 6G "storming"!

Regards, Vladimir.

Don't fight. All kinds of information are needed, all kinds of information are important.

Artyom Trishkin #:
Don't fight. All kinds of information are needed, all kinds of information are important.

Artem, there is no quarrel at all. Just not knowing the element base in radio electronics, to go straight to microprocessor, well, what else is there to talk about? ))

Regards, Vladimir.

MrBrooklin #:

Artem, there's no quarrel at all. Just not knowing the element base in radio electronics, to go straight to the microprocessor, well, what else is there to talk about? ))

Regards, Vladimir.

at least learn not to litter with your signature,

roughly speaking, nobody needs it here.

+

You should be forcibly banned for such an informative signature.

for a stupid info line.

How does the author himself not realise this?

Reason: