The signal subscription dissappeared from MT4, although it is still active on the MQL5 website

Hello, everyone!

I subscribed earlier today to a signal in MT4. Because of some glitch, I had to restart the computer. I closed all instances of Metatrader, restarted the computer and opened them back. Soon after that I realized that everything related to the signal I subscribed to just disappeared from the MT4 instance I had linked it to (no more Signals tab in the bottom panel, no more Signals tab in the Options dialog). Moreover, when the provider closed the running trades and opened another one, nothing happened on my account, the old trades remained there. I closed them manually and started looking for a solution.

Restarting MT4 did not work. I came across the "move subscription" option on the MQL 5 website and I decided to try linking to another account. It does not seem to work either. Still no Signals tab anywhere in the new instance of MT4. So far there is no new activity on the provider's side, but judging from the fact the subscription does not appear anywhere in MT4, I think that probably it will not work on this second instance, either.

Does anybody know what can I do?

The signal subscription from/to demo account (or cents accounts) is prohibited for now.
For example, I do not have Signal tab on my Metatrader because I connect Metatrader to demo trading account.

----------------------------

Anyway, you can check the subscription procedure once again (just in case you missed something for example):

How to Subscribe to MT4 Signal - the instruction
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade) - How to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal on MT4 platform
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade) - How to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal on MT4 platform
  • Eleni Anna Branou
  • www.mql5.com
In the   deviation/slippage   field, select an option and click   ok   in the   options   window to close it. Go to the   search area   of your mt4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click   enter

Sergey Golubev #:

The signal subscription from/to demo account (or cents accounts) is prohibited for now.
For example, I do not have Signal tab on my Metatrader because I connect Metatrader to demo trading account.

----------------------------

Anyway, you can check the subscription procedure once again (just in case you missed something for example):

How to Subscribe to MT4 Signal - the instruction
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)

Thank you, I did not know that. And at first it worked, only after restarting the computer (and MT4, of course) it stopped working. I copied to demo account before (but it has been a while since then), I find it logical to copy to demo at first, so that you watch and understand better the provider's style in real time, before putting real money at stake.

Reason: