how to identify price reversal points - page 6

Roman.:

Would you like to share the code of this indicator?

It is not ready yet. In general, the pivot points are well detected. I want to filter out the false points - when the price hardly fluctuates at all (highlighted in blue) and when there is a clear trend and the rate of price increase slows down (highlighted in red - there is no point in considering insignificant fluctuations in this case).

DDFedor:

By and large, one can discuss anything, as long as one subconsciously knows that one is discussing another subject. The lack of imaginative thinking and the ability to transfer projections from one object of discussion to another object greatly impoverishes the seeker.

The ability to turn a simple problem into a complex one also impoverishes the seeker.

andreybs:

It's not ready yet. In general, the reversal points are well captured. I want to filter out the obviously false points - when the price hardly fluctuates at all (highlighted in blue) and when there is a clear trend and the rate of price increase slows down (highlighted in red - there is no point in taking minor fluctuations into account at all in this case).

On the subject of using the rate of price change - textbook material ... :-)))

P.S. The new is the well forgotten old... Only with a new spin (read - with new filters)... :-)))

Roman.:

On the subject of using the rate of price change - textbook material ... :-)))

P.S. The new is the well forgotten old... Only with a new spin (read - with new filters)... :-)))

Alas, it doesn't work. MAs give big lags. They will ruin the whole indicator. Then we need an adaptive method. I have already tried fractal sliding and Kaufman. The chart is too uneven - it is not suitable as a filter.

andreybs:

People! What are you talking about!? Are we discussing women here? It says it all clearly - a price reversal indicator for finding entry points. That's more than enough. You either know the solution or you don't. All other aphorisms are simply irrelevant. Moreover, I have already found one of the solutions, and posted it on the 3rd page of this thread.

If you are interested in Pivot Points, I am surprised that you are still not familiar with their calculation (Pivot Points).

You're not going to find PP on M1 or M5, are you?

andreybs: I want to filter out the known false points

There is a mistake in this wish, because you will filter out false points on history, but on future data this filtering is more likely to produce errors than correct points. This is a common fitting theme.

DhP:

If you are interested in Pivot Points, I am surprised that you are still not familiar with their calculation (Pivot Points).

You're not going to find PP on M1 or M5, are you?

What makes you think I'm not familiar with this method? It's just that I use a channel-type TS and the above method does not work for me.

By the way, real pivot points are readable on any TF. Another question is how much profit a price reversal on M1,M5 will bring. This is simply inefficient.

As for what some narcissists (not you) are saying in this thread about how the task of finding pivot points is meaningless or has no solution... Apparently they do not know that there is a whole class of TS, built on the principles of the theory of Dow, when depending on the three types of trends, the entry point is a reversal of price within the boundaries of a channel, formed by the main and the secondary (lateral) price movement. It is for this type of TS we need to be able to find local price reversal points. Pivots use a completely different principle and are not suitable for this purpose.

I still don't understand why only entry points are discussed here. Aren't exit points important or what? Or is it just about flip systems?

LeoV:

There is an error in this wishful thinking, because you will filter out false points on history, but on future data this filtering is more likely to produce errors than correct points. This is a common fitting theme.

Wait for it, wait for it... The same can be said about trend reversal points. We can't predict them with 100% probability either. We can protect ourselves with more or less effective indicators. What is the difference between searching for the trend reversal points and searching for the local price reversal points? Because there is no difference.

Mathemat:
I still don't understand why only entry points are discussed here. Aren't exit points important or what? Or is it just about flip systems?

We are still discussing... More precisely, they are trying to explain to me that price reversal points are a false path when looking for entry points. We haven't gotten to the exit points yet... )))
Reason: