Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 76

So far I've been putting lots 1:1 on all grains ("without thinking too hard")...

But for meat HE:LE a couple of times = 2:1 or 1.5:1

and what are the ZB and ZN ratios? they have about the same cost, but ZN runs about 1.5-2 times less, so ZB-ZN 10:15? right?

rid писал(а) >>
Yes, I've so far been putting 1:1 lots on all the grains ("without thinking too hard") ...

>> thank you

rid писал(а) >>

So far I've been putting lots 1:1 on all grains ("without thinking too hard")...

But for meat HE:LE a couple of times = 2:1 or 1.5:1

successfully?

Yes, I have 10:15

//------------------------

Yes - it closed quite well. By the way - there seems to be a good entry now.

RID, where better to execute orders in B or IBC? I want to open a small account. In IBC just half of the instruments do not work at the same time, when in B they are opened perfectly.

I replied to you in person.

rid писал(а) >>

Looks like we got our hopes up for nothing. As with the EW... tools, so with the XL funds... !

For B. has made an exorbitant commission on these instruments! Comparable to the scope of the day's traffic.

It is not a great pleasure to obtain the initial loss of 20 points when opening a tandem.

Besides, the spreads of instruments are 2-4 points!

In this case the maximum daily movement is 25-35 points!

And we will have to wait for profits for weeks and months...

So...

I'm sorry, but it's not the last disappointment. Whether in A., B., or elsewhere, automated spread trading in LATE markets is not as straightforward as you might think. The main problem is not the size of the commission, although this is also important, but the strategies. If it were that simple... If I saw a negative delta - I would buy/sell the bases in the direction of spread narrowing, and I would be happy...

In practice, this thing works, but for the time being, and then there are duds... You can't do without them... Foundation bombs... If you cover the dips with elks, you'll trade at a loss. If you don't cover them, you sit tight - expiration time will come and you'll be in trouble.

Didn't mean to dampen your enthusiasm. You, and a few other guys in this thread, have made a lot of progress and done good things. But we need to finalize the subject and the approach to trade should be the same as with conventional tools, not shapkozakizatorny.

This trade can be profitable. I've been trading spreads (or tandems as you call them) using EAs for over three years.

Well not on a demo of course....

rid, I don't have your script "Market_Buy1_Sell2" working, I think I uploaded the corrected version, let the EA trade, but dragging on the chart opens a window, I put the required tools - I press OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and nothing happens.

Please help!

That's weird! It works for me. Both on the demo and on the real one. Just today I opened with it three times.

It happens, though, - that rarely-often on the demo it suddenly goes silent. But I think it's the server that's glitching.

I don't know what it says in the log - maybe there is some kind of error.

Maybe you're opening stocks or exchange-traded funds? - The lots there are set in units or tens, so don't forget that. And if you set a fractional lot on stocks - nothing will open and the log will return an error!

Reason: