Edge effect on the way to the GRAAL - page 12

Diamant:

And then there are the nonsensical phrases. Meaningless in their supposed meaningfulness.

What were you trying to say?

Again, for those in a tank. There is a science of measuring economic data. It's called econometrics or mat statistics. Get in, study, and it doesn't occur to you to write in your posts "Meaningless in its imagined meaningfulness".

faa1947:
Once again, for those in a tank. There is a science of measuring economic data. It's called econometrics or mat statistics. You get in, study, and it doesn't occur to you to write "Meaningless in its supposed meaningfulness" in your posts.

:D

faa1947:
Once again, for those in a tank. There is a science of measuring economic data. It's called econometrics or mat statistics. You get in, you study, and it doesn't occur to you to write in posts "Meaningless in its imaginary meaningfulness"

I suggest you just open a thread with a real - slightly working model for the market...

because so far there is nothing real apart from rhetoric and blind faith...

Vizard:

I suggest simply opening a thread with a real, working model for the market...

because so far there is nothing real but rhetoric and blind faith...

I will do it for sure. I will give my models and test the ones I suggest.

faa1947:
I will do it for sure. I'll give my models and test the ones suggested.

Good... I'd love to read...

It will be interesting to watch.

I came across two ideas to combat this problem - to add zeros at the edges of the signal under study, and in one dissertation to mirror some of the last data. I've tried the first method so far - the results are better than without it. I also read about MODWT method - Maximal overlay of discrete wavelet transform. Can someone explain what it is?

faa1947:
There is the science of measuring economic data. And there is shamanism with shamanism.
Shamanism is the oldest of religions. Observe tolerance and the constitution of the Russian Federation plz.

Desperado:

Question: has anyone tried other methods of approximating functions or finding extrema?

Or is it a lost cause?

Or is it still possible to come up with something?

Backwards successfully, you don't even have to think about it. Where the first derivative Open(t) goes to 0, there is an extremum. The lag is only 1 bar. The main problem: a local extremum or a global one (pullback or reversal)?

paukas:
Shamanism is the oldest of religions. Observe tolerance and the constitution of the Russian Federation plz.

Don't care about tolerance, totally irrelevant in a technical and scientific discussion.

I do get annoyed when ignorance is prided and knowledge is substituted with aggressiveness. Only proven and provable facts and ideas are of interest, at least on forums not dedicated to shamans and magic.

Reason: