Artificial Intelligence 2020 - is there progress? - page 17

Maksim Neimerik:

I'm really interested in this, so I just sketched out a script for a random set of nth number of strings with nth number of characters... The result hints that this is a very, very implausible assumption:) What do you think about it?

It's not random, it's a pseudo-random sequence, I think that's the point,

so find a monkey and a typewriter and stream it, we'll watch the experiment online.

Alexsandr San:

Thank you .... it's nice to talk to normal people

Well, it's the false sense of being insulted that gets in the way of communication. And it's worth identifying where that feeling comes from, too. It can prevent a lot of potential conflicts in the future.

Igor Makanu:

You have a pseudo-random sequence rather than a random sequence, I think that's the point,

so find a monkey and a typewriter and stream it, will watch the experiment online

))) ok, in about 100500 billion years I think it will work...

Maksim Neimerik:

I'll distract you a little from the controversy:) In previous comments somewhere in this thread there was a talk about "Boltzmann's brain"... I read a bit and came across this suggestion:"According to the infinite monkey theorem, an abstract monkey that hits the typewriter keys indefinitely will end up typing a given text at some point / © Wikipedia/New York Zoological Society".

I'm really interested in this, so I just sketched out a script for randomly typing nth number of lines with nth number of characters... The result hints that this is a very, very implausible assumption:) What do you think about it?

there's an answer in there somewhere, that it will dial after the end of mankind, i.e. the probability is less than the number that can be dialed in the whole history of mankind. like 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 123 and something else.

Vitaliy Maznev:

Well, it's the false sense of being insulted that prevents communication. And it's worth identifying where that feeling comes from, too. This could prevent a lot of potential conflicts in the future.

No, I'm not conflictive - I always call for peace

Breathe in, breathe out, and listen quietly

Maksim Neimerik:

))) ok, in about 100500 billion years I think it'll work out...

not a bad streamer, as long as it gets paid!

))

Maksim Neimerik:

))) OK, in about 100500 billion years I think it will work out...

I can draw you a cognitive picture: Scientists are sitting in front of a monkey, who is typing to them in plain Russian quite sane tons of text. And they can spend hundreds of years studying this phenomenon.

On the other hand, the essence of the phenomenon may be outside the scope of their research. For example, a monkey has a neural interface connected to it that determines its choice of typing. And it's all over the place now. Just not as obvious as in my example.

Vitaliy Maznev:

Well, it's the false sense of being insulted that prevents communication. And it's worth identifying where that feeling comes from, too. In the future it can prevent a lot of potential conflicts on the surface.

You have to be more tolerant, and if it doesn't go away, then go to a psychologist or directly to a psychotherapist or even directly to a psychoanalyst for money))))

Or do not pay attention at once. Only later, after the next action. Sometimes this method works positively for me.

Vitaliy Maznev:

I can paint you a cognitive picture: scientists are sitting in front of a monkey who is typing quite sane tons of text in plain Russian. And they can devote hundreds of years to studying such a phenomenon.

On the other hand, the essence of the phenomenon may be outside the scope of their research. For example, a monkey has a neural interface connected to it that determines its choice of typing. And it's all over the place now. Just not as explicitly as in my example.

The phenomena and their description have no connection whatsoever. Only through organs or something else of perception. And then the brain or the NS with the MO. But the phenomena have no connection with the brain.

Reason: