Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3207

Every field of knowledge has its own terminology by means of which people communicate and find a common language. Without it, people would not be able to understand each other. No one will adjust to those who are too lazy to study. Articles, among other things, teach the right way of thinking.
If you pick up chicks that way, it's because they seemed to be, not because they were. There are 2 guys here who communicate in their own language, try to ask them for a transcript :).

Aleksandr Slavskii #:

Start with the articles up to 2018. They were more lucid at first. I started then myself, they were fine. And repeat the experiments from the articles.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Every field of knowledge has its own terminology by means of which people communicate and find a common language. Without it, people would not be able to understand each other. No one will adjust to those who are too lazy to study. Articles, among other things, teach the right way of thinking.
If you pick up chicks that way, it's because they seemed to be, not because they were. There are 2 guys here who communicate in their own language, try to ask them for a transcript :).

That's pretty much the answer I was expecting.

But it was worth a try.

Aleksandr Slavskii #:

I just don't know what it is and how to check it.

To learn MO you need practice, so take a normal language and solve examples, dozens or better hundreds of them.

The basic idea of MO is information compression/filtering. This is when there is a lot of data at the input and less data at the output, but it is more useful....

There are many methods of Mo

Classification
Regression
Clustering
Dimensionality reduction methods.

All of them adhere to the compression principle I described above.

Take it, learn it and do it, this thread is not about teaching people mo

Forester #:

Start with the articles up to 2018. They seemed to be more lucid at first. I started then myself, it seemed to go well. And repeat the experiments from the articles.

Thank you.

mytarmailS #:
This isn't a thread about teaching people about mo

I see.

Thank you, everyone.

Aleksandr Slavskii #:

Well, that's pretty much the answer I was expecting.

But it was worth a try.

Often you don't even have to try if you know the result in advance

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Often you don't even have to try if you know the result beforehand

I have an a priori good opinion of people until they prove otherwise.

Aleksandr Slavskii #:

I, I, I want to. I just don't know what it is or how to test it.

I tried to read this thread first so as not to ask unnecessary questions, but it turned out to be problematic because of the water, which in this thread is much more than any little useful information.

1. What is this "pattern explorer"?

2. How to check it?

3. What is a " Reference pattern" ? Where does it come from?

4. What do the lines shifted upwards at x=57 (black vertical line) tell us?

5. Ten-period MA is one, where did the whole 21 pieces of these mashes come from ? or not mashes, what is drawn on your chart ?

I'm trying to get to grips with the MO, but so far I haven't made any progress. There are a lot of articles written, but mostly for those who already know the basics, but there are few of them (I haven't found them yet).

I tried to read your article "Fuzzy logic in trading strategies", but after reading this:

"Fuzzification of input variables. Establishing correspondence between the numerical value of the input variable of the fuzzy inference system and the value of the belonging function of the corresponding term of the linguistic variable."

My brain broke down.

In my youth I used about the same words when I was picking up girls )

I realise that writing an article is not a simple matter, and writing so that you are understood is almost impossible, but nevertheless you should not forget that an article is not only an expression of your thought/idea, but first of all it is a teaching material, and therefore you should write as simple as possible.

This is not even a criticism, it is a request, if you do decide to answer my questions, I would like to see answers either without specific terms or with an explanation of them.

IO is a complex problem that has many nuances that make it difficult to grasp the main point.

It is very important to start with something that is foreseeable.

The classic is the Rattle shell, which is from R, and without R there is nothing to do in MO.

Rattle is good because it has everything that makes up a systematic, complex approach to MO at a rather simple level: analysis of initial data, preprocessing, modelling itself (6 models), and evaluation of results. Having mastered Rattle you will get the necessary outlook of all the problems of MO and in the future, reading the branch, you will be able to catch useful things and cut off the rubbish that prevails on this branch.

The labour intensive process of mastering Rattle is about 30 minutes along with the installation of R.

In order to popularise MO, I once wrote an article. You can do it without it, but it has a ready input file attached to it, which will simplify the problem of initial acquaintance with MO even more.

Good luck, join the main, based on good maths direction in trading - machine learning, the main thing is not to expect fast results - they are guaranteed not to happen.

PS.

By the way, R has an excellent rubricator, for example about MO here

Случайные леса предсказывают тренды
Случайные леса предсказывают тренды
  • www.mql5.com
В статье описано использование пакета Rattle для автоматического поиска паттернов, способных предсказывать "лонги" и "шорты" для валютных пар рынка Форекс. Статья будет полезна как новичкам, так и опытным трейдерам.

Aleksandr Slavskii #:

I have an a priori good opinion of people until they prove otherwise.

Either they're lazy but demanding of others,
which in that person's mind is the same thing.
Reason: