Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1423

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So just the way he emphasizes weight, saying that it affects brain productivity, and from his sample this is confirmed. It's just that there are a lot of contradictions there that are skillfully used as arguments, which raises questions...

What does this have to do with human behavior - psychology knows perfectly well that human behavior depends on one's skills, abilities, upbringing, and the strength of the influence of the need. And all of this is due to neural connections that have been formed through environmental influences - upbringing, education, biography, emotional experiences, and separately genetic predisposition as potential. Psychology works with information that affects a person and is expressed in the form of neural connections that can change under the influence of the external environment, including the flow of information - this is psychotherapy.

I understand that we are talking about potential, it's just that the question immediately arises about the development of this potential, and from his answers to the questions, there is a feeling that it is selection at a child's age that is preferable.

No, he focuses on variability.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

No, he emphasizes variability.

I have my doubts that the size of the brain of an extinct species can be correctly estimated from the size of the cranium... there could also be a different density of neurons and volume of accompanying tissues.

mytarmailS:

I don't know, I don't program in mql at all.

Turns out you can't.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I doubt that the size of the brain of an extinct species can be correctly estimated from the size of the cranium... there could be a different density of neurons...

No, it couldn't, the density as well as the size of the neurons are about the same in all animals. The structure is more important.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

No, it couldn't, the density, as well as the size, is about the same in all animals

This data suggests otherwise. And apparently dolphins have an excess of these neurons....

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

This data suggests otherwise. And apparently dolphins have an overabundance of these neurons....

there's no information on density. The number of neurons can be anything. We are talking about humans that, all other things being equal, according to research back in the Soviet Union, "genius" is most likely with a large brain, on average. The rest is determined by the variability of parts of the brain. It is impossible to compare with animals, because they are different species and the brain works differently, is responsible for different fii nctions and a different mode of operation.

At the moment, as far as I understand, such studies are no longer done for ethical reasons.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

there is no information on density. The number of neurons can be anything. We are talking about a person that, all other things being equal, according to the results of research back in the Soviet Union, "genius" is most likely with a large brain, on average. The rest is determined by the variability of parts of the brain. You can not compare with animals, because they are generally different species and the brain works differently, is responsible for different functions and a different mode of operation.

At the moment, as far as I understand, such studies are no longer done for ethical reasons.

So he is comparing with different predecessors of humans - whether they are animals or not and where the boundary is not clear, so it would be reasonable to separate them into different species, and since there is no brain of this species as a sample, the size cannot say anything about density, and therefore cannot serve as support for further conclusions - that the human brain has lost weight and become less efficient (due to the loss of competition with other human-like species) after its peak for thousands of years.

Once again, the sample is very small to speak of a trend. And, in the end - the difference of parts (zones) of the brain in qualitative and quantitative expression - genetics or environmental influence?

About the studies - I think they do not do them because of the lack of obvious evidence of effectiveness at this stage, and the real experiments are long and expensive, so they do not allocate money for them. After all, we need a large sample of people with different brains, their same development - environment and emotional experiences, and some kind of common evaluation criterion. This makes the task utopian and unrealizable in principle, so it will be reduced to scientific chiromancy.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

In terms of predictors?

At least explain it to me first.

So what?

What should happen after the GEP?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So he is comparing with different predecessors of humans - whether they are animals or not and where the boundary is not clear, so it would be reasonable to separate them into different species, and since there is no brain of this species as a sample, the size cannot say anything about density, and therefore cannot support further conclusions - that the human brain has lost weight and become less efficient (due to the loss of competition with other human-like species) after its peak for thousands of years.

Once again, the sample is very small to speak of a trend. And, in the end - the difference of parts (zones) of the brain in qualitative and quantitative expression - genetics or environmental influence?

About the studies - I think they do not do them because of the lack of obvious evidence of effectiveness at this stage, and the real experiments are long and expensive, so they do not allocate money for them. After all, we need a large sample of people with different brains, their same development - environment and emotional experiences, and some kind of common evaluation criterion. This all makes the task utopian and unfeasible in principle, so everything will be reduced to scientific chiromancy.

So don't confuse popular science stuff with science, if you are interested, go deeper.

By the way, according to this data, the predecessors of man did not have a large brain mass...

All lies...

Reason: