how to improve test speed of mt5 strategy testing

whether OHLC, or everytick mode, the mt5 strategy testing is very slow than mt4. is there a good solution? 

spacks:
 whether OHLC, or everytick mode, the mt5 strategy testing is very slow than mt4. is there a good solution? 

A solution to what ? If speed is more important to you than other factors, use MT4, otherwise use MT5.

Can you post code to demonstrate your point ?

I remove the expert from chart programmatically when drawdon reaches specified level. This way the tester wont waste more time on this losing pass.

The tester is just a core that invokes your code. You should profile it and discover which part is slowing down. For example, you may use some indicator, which is ported from MT4 to MT5 in non-optimal way. This is an abstract example. There exist too many nuances that produce negative effect on performance, so without details it's hard to tell. But I don't think MT5 is slower than MT4 by itself.

marketeer:
The tester is just a core that invokes your code. You should profile it and discover which part is slowing down. For example, you may use some indicator, which is ported from MT4 to MT5 in non-optimal way. This is an abstract example. There exist too many nuances that produce negative effect on performance, so without details it's hard to tell. But I don't think MT5 is slower than MT4 by itself.
It has been reported that MT5 Strategy Tester is slower.
Comparing optimization speed between MT4 and MT5 - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
Comparing optimization speed between MT4 and MT5 - MQL4 forum
Reason: