OFFLINE: adding new symbols to MT4 for offline testing/charting

I want to add additional symbols to MT4 and upload custom market data in offline mode for building and testing EAs. How can I edit symbols.raw symbols.sel symgroups.raw ?
This is only for offline testing and optimization purposes. I am using MT4 as the engine to build/test/optimize these symbols, but they will be traded on separate software.

You can only trade what your broker allows. Market watch -> right click -> show all. That's it. Do not edit files.

whroeder1:
You can only trade what your broker allows. Market watch -> right click -> show all. That's it. Do not edit files.
 I put some areas in bold and underlined for you and I will state this again.

This is offline mode MT4 without a broker. This is for testing and optimizing strategies/indicators.

If symbols.raw symbols.sel symgroups.raw are "broker files" then what do i edit in a blank non-brokered MT4 to add more custom symbols/symbol groups, and symbol settings.

Thanks

Scott Gibbons:
 I put some areas in bold and underlined for you and I will state this again.

This is offline mode MT4 without a broker. This is for testing and optimizing strategies/indicators.

If symbols.raw symbols.sel symgroups.raw are "broker files" then what do i edit in a blank non-brokered MT4 to add more custom symbols/symbol groups, and symbol settings.

Thanks

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading_advanced/custom_instruments

There you go...

Custom Financial Instruments - For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Custom Financial Instruments - For Advanced Users - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform allows creating custom financial symbols. You can view charts of such symbols and perform technical analysis , as well as use...
Reason: