MACD indicator - page 57

Mansi:
Thankyou MrTools. Actually I was asking exactly what you posted .

Hi MrTools can you or Tampa explain a little about the working of this indicator.

Like What is :

ma_method = 3;//0-3 ----> I dont know what values 0-3 stand for

applied_price_ma = 0;//0-6 -----> Here also I have no idea

Well if this seemed a silly question forgive me because I am a total newbie here and please redirect me to some tutorial where explanation of these is given.

Mansi:
Hi MrTools can you or Tampa explain a little about the working of this indicator.

Like What is :

ma_method = 3;//0-3 ----> I dont know what values 0-3 stand for

applied_price_ma = 0;//0-6 -----> Here also I have no idea

Well if this seemed a silly question forgive me because I am a total newbie here and please redirect me to some tutorial where explanation of these is given.

Hi Mansi,

Don't worry there are no silly questions.The signal is generated when the ma is sloping up and the macd is sloping up that is buy signal or the blue dot, and when both are sloping down should get the red sell signal. The ma method you have 4 choices of ma to use, 0=simple moving average, 1=exponated moving average,2=simple smoothed moving average , and 3 = Linear Weighted Average.The applied price ma, this is your 7 possible prices you can use, 0 = close, 1 = open,2 = high, 3 = low, 4 = median price, 5 = typical price, and 6 = weighted close price.With the tutorial will will redirect you once i find one.

mrtools:
Hi Mansi, Don't worry there are no silly questions.The signal is generated when the ma is sloping up and the macd is sloping up that is buy signal or the blue dot, and when both are sloping down should get the red sell signal. The ma method you have 4 choices of ma to use, 0=simple moving average, 1=exponated moving average,2=simple smoothed moving average , and 3 = Linear Weighted Average.The applied price ma, this is your 7 possible prices you can use, 0 = close, 1 = open,2 = high, 3 = low, 4 = median price, 5 = typical price, and 6 = weighted close price.With the tutorial will will redirect you once i find one.

Thanks a lot MrTools for making me feel confident of asking questions and thanks for your explantion.

mladen:
Interesting idea

Here is this one : apart from different lengths it can be calculated from different order gaussian filters (default is 2 but it can be changed to anybody wishes - just to remind : orders over 20 are losing precision due to double number and factorial calculation limitations) It is fast one even with default settings (since the filter itself is rather fast) so probably some experimenting with different calculation lengths would be in place

smoothing JMA

Files:

yuenman1970:

Can somebody help by modifying a common MACD indicator to fit my case:

usually we use EMA in MACD, but I want the new MACD can let me choose whether it is SMA/EMA/SMMA/LWMA/T3/LSMA freely.

for example, in a normal parameter of 12/26/9.

I can select 12 SMA + 26 EMA + 9 SMA

or 12 EMA + 26 LWMA + 9 LSMA

or 12 T3 + 26 SMMA + 9 EMA

I need a MACD with any kind of combination.

Can anyone give help? Thank you.

Hi Yuenman1970,

Think this is what your looking for its in this thread just not sure where.

ZIGANI:
smoothing JMA

Indicator not working as 'shown in your Images' !!!

Need dll file to work !

secretcode:
Indicator not working as 'shown in your Images' !!! Need dll file to work !

needed for it to work JJMASeries.mqh

way........\experts\include\......

ZIGANI:
needed for it to work JJMASeries.mqh

way........\experts\include\......

Can you please post 'that' ( Include ) file ?

Thanks

JJMA series

Here is it.

Tomcat98jjmaseries.mqh

Files:
jjmaseries.mqh  23 kb

Tomcat98:
Here is it. Tomcat98jjmaseries.mqh

still not working !!!

when i compile, it give's error !

Thanks anyway

Reason: